10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They don't need to be a political party to have a "messenger". They don't need political representation for that in the slightest, and don't even need to form anything akin to a national structure. IIRC BLM's structure is quite similar, with the biggest departure being that they have a decentralized national structure where all the local chapters operate independently of it. They can get messaging out.
    It’s not a necessity, but what they are fighting against makes it nearly impossible. The thing that muddies the argument is Trump and his cohorts. You have a political party as a united front against it. This isn’t BLM like it was when Kap started to kneel... there is their message and then there is a message being sent out by a multi million dollar effort of a political campaign. They can’t compete and their message is now different, due to no fault of theirs.

If they have no messenger, are people supposed to like...intuit their message? How are they supposed to tell people that they aren't just out there hitting people with bike locks and assaulting trash cans?
    Let Trump define it........

What does Biden have to do with "taking ownership"? He didn't do so in the clip, he just condemned the violence.
    He would be taking ownership, if he vocalized his support for antifa... by the way... antifa and BLM are not the same...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Which is exactly the wrong thing to say. The right thing to say is "Antifa as an organization doesn't exist and everyone should be anti-fascist". Please stop defending Trump talking points about Antifa.
    Nobody's defending Trump's talking points. You're just nitpicking at things to bitch about because your candidate didn't make it through the primary. Shouldn't you be out on the streets fighting for your city like you constantly claim you're doing? Change the record.

I wouldn't have even acknowledged antifa, because it doesn't exist as an organization. Just say he condemn violence, leave it at that. I mean bring up the fact that the greatest security threat the nation faces right now is right wing extremists right here in the US according to recent homeland security report. Biden should bring up that Trump not only doesn't condemn them, but supports and actively courts these people, because they support him.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-09-09 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Just to point out if you are anti fascist you are antifa, fuck me its not hard is it, there isnt some magical organisation funded by soros you do know that right?
    Whether you like it or not, whether it's fair or not, whether it's true or not, the GOP have successfully branded the militant minority on the far-left as "Antifa" in the minds of the majority of America. You can come onto these forums and rail against it as much as you want, and you're welcome to, but it won't change that fact.

Do I believe "Antifa" is some scary left terror group? Nope. Does Edge? Nope. Does anyone who reads past the headlines? Nope. Now guess how much of America falls into that group, take it back by an order of magnitude and you'll have the amount of people who know the truth about it.

For the rest of America who are watching "riots" on television (and are unable to tell the difference between a peaceful protest and a violent riot, apparently), "Antifa" is real, so they need to be explicitly told by the people they're voting for that they're against the violence--which is exactly what Biden did. Actually, even though he slipped up, Biden avoided saying that Antifa is a violent group. Just that he is against the violence from both sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I wouldn't have even acknowledged antifa, because it doesn't exist as an organization. Just say he condemn violence, leave it at that.
    That's essentially what he did. He started to answer the question as it was but then changed to condemning the violence. Like I said, he slipped at the start by falling for the trick question, but he tried to recover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Nobody's defending Trump's talking points. You're just nitpicking at things to bitch about because your candidate didn't make it through the primary. Shouldn't you be out on the streets fighting for your city like you constantly claim you're doing? Change the record.
    Check how many posts Biden haters that don’t support Trump, have on Trump cancelling federal race sensitivity training, while calling it unAmerican. But... it’s okay... just like with Hillary, Trump won’t win, no need to focus on him... time to look ahead and shit on Biden, while Trump makes his attacks on BLM law.

- - - Updated - - -

Whether you like it or not, whether it's fair or not, whether it's true or not, the GOP have successfully branded the militant minority on the far-left as "Antifa" in the minds of the majority of America. You can come onto these forums and rail against it as much as you want, and you're welcome to, but it won't change that fact.
    While people calling them selfs Angels of Riots and those claiming they have been fighting fascist all along... are attacking Biden for not supporting them... Might have missed the boat, while bitching they are all the same.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

That's essentially what he did. He started to answer the question as it was but then changed to condemning the violence. Like I said, he slipped at the start by falling for the trick question, but he tried to recover.
    I know, it was a bullshit leading question to begin with that he caught himself before completely tripping, but he should have turned it around and used it to go after trump, that's my argument.

Though to be fair, anyone who is actually anti fascist should be voting against the fascist guy we have as president regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I know, it was a bullshit leading question to begin with that he caught himself before completely tripping, but he should have turned it around and used it to go after trump, that's my argument.
    Maybe. Do you think it would have made more of a difference in the grand scheme of things? Judging from the reactions of people here, I doubt it (but again, this is a tiny, tiny minority of the voting public, I know.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe. Do you think it would have made more of a difference in the grand scheme of things? Judging from the reactions of people here, I doubt it (but again, this is a tiny, tiny minority of the voting public, I know.)
    No, because they are stuck in a quagmire of both Biden and Trump being Bernie’s opponents. They are still spending their capital attacking Biden voters, as Trump has successfully redefined who they are, with little objection.

no it wouldn't. the same 4 or so people would still come here and concern troll the very next thing biden does because both sides or some nonsense.

snip
    my problem was with this comment which is why i quoted it :

but are still largely a bunch of shits that spend more of their time engaging in petty vandalism and picking fights than doing anything productive.
    its a bullshit thing to say, completely uneducated and deserved an answer.

I dont understand people like Flower Milk crying about what Biden has said. Jettisawn is the same.

'why isnt the bourgeois politician in favour of a working class revolution? why doesnt he take up the cause of BLM and Antifa? He has betrayed me by being what he is!'

absolute melts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    what the actual fuck is this man doing

https://twitter.com/JTHVerhovek/stat...11601864704006

There are no anti-fascists on the ballot. There is no excuse or defense for this, the only way you can defend these comments as a liberal is by just pushing Trump's bullshit talking points about "ANTIFA".
    I just said it yesterday that this is basically the GOP play when they call Biden 'radical left'. The whole point is to dive a wedge between moderates/liberals and progressives because the former cant stand being called 'radical'. Biden can say, "hey, I distanced myself from them so you can no longer call be the 'radical left'. Do you love me now?"

The GOP says "sure, of course we do. No sarcasm " while the left side of the spectrum is fractured.

Let's just validate more of Trump's bullshit.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Let's just validate more of Trump's bullshit.
    *yawn* Nobody's doing that. He was condemning the violence--same thing he said before--but he tripped over the gotcha question and had to recover.

But you keep doing you.

10+ Year Old Account
    *yawn* Nobody's doing that. He was condemning the violence--same thing he said before--but he tripped over the gotcha question and had to recover.

But you keep doing you.
    Some of yall truly are incapable of dishing out any sort of contrustive criticism against the Biden campaign...even when Biden gives Trump a talking point. Sae Sae.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cosplay Leftists, "Biden is losing the Antifa vote!"

We did this a few months ago when the protests started...

Biden's polling numbers will probably go up again
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of yall truly are incapable of dishing out any sort of contrustive criticism against the Biden campaign...even when Biden gives Trump a talking point. Sae Sae.
    Why should we? It's Trump and other Republicans job to criticize Biden. If you're lacking material that's your problem.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I'm 100% able to criticize Biden when he actually does something worthy of criticism. This, however, was nothing. Since Trump is trying to paint Biden as "radical", it's really not "giving Trump a talking point" when Biden is condemning the violence. Kinda works against that theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden folded because a Republican called him a leftist. Typical Biden behavior considering his political career. Who is surprised?

10+ Year Old Account
    This explains why Kim and Kris were pimping Kanye out to the Trump campaign.

Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden folded because a Republican called him a leftist. Typical Biden behavior considering his political career. Who is surprised?
    Who cares?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post

I dont understand people like Flower Milk crying about what Biden has said. Jettisawn is the same.

'why isnt the bourgeois politician in favour of a working class revolution? why doesnt he take up the cause of BLM and Antifa? He has betrayed me by being what he is!'

absolute melts

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Why should we? It's Trump and other Republicans job to criticize Biden. If you're lacking material that's your problem.
    this is a bad take lol