Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I just said it yesterday that this is basically the GOP play when they call Biden 'radical left'. The whole point is to dive a wedge between moderates/liberals and progressives because the former cant stand being called 'radical'. Biden can say, "hey, I distanced myself from them so you can no longer call be the 'radical left'. Do you love me now?"

The GOP says "sure, of course we do. No sarcasm " while the left side of the spectrum is fractured.

Let's just validate more of Trump's bullshit.
    It's not a bad strategy.
    A lot of moderate dems want little to do with the radical left that encourages destructive behavior.
    Ultimately I don't think it will play out as Trump thinks it will since there are some moderate repubs that see Biden as a better alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It's not a bad strategy.
    A lot of moderate dems want little to do with the radical left that encourages destructive behavior.
    Ultimately I don't think it will play out as Trump thinks it will since there are some moderate repubs that see Biden as a better alternative.
    How is Trump driving a wedge between democrats, by calling Biden an extreme left? That doesn’t make any sense...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Biden folded because a Republican called him a leftist. Typical Biden behavior considering his political career. Who is surprised?
    Still waiting on you to say something that makes sense about this instead of much ado about nothing. Bah, nevermind. You can go with the rest of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How is Trump driving a wedge between democrats, by calling Biden an extreme left? That doesn’t make any sense...
    You know it was 100% born of Bernie saying Biden was the most progressive candidate since FDR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden folded because a Republican called him a leftist. Typical Biden behavior considering his political career. Who is surprised?
    Biden folded because he shouldn’t spend capital convincing the public that Trump is right... In a normal world, leftists would be attacking Trump for misrepresenting them, instead of bitching that a conservative like Biden is not left enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    You know it was 100% born of Bernie saying Biden was the most progressive candidate since FDR.
    It was born out of the fact that Trump’s campaign is to attack multiculturalism and the red scare, but he is running against vanilla.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It's not a bad strategy.
    Trump has the disadvantages of being so bad at his job that a charlatan like Biden finally has a chance.

We have two bottom of the barrel candidates. One who is trying to get people not to come out to the polls against him and the other who needs to give a reason for people to bother.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Because they don’t have a messenger and that how it should be. Antifa is should not have political representation, because they would no longer be the antifa as we know it, but become a political party. Biden taking ownership, as he would by speaking out on their behalf as a nominee, would damage the movement.

- - - Updated - - -

... and who was doing it for decades before?

I'm getting a giggle at these "if you aren't antifa you aren't anti-facist."

Bitch please. I was stomping skin heads at Guttermouth shows when most of these kids were still pissing themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump has the disadvantages of being so bad at his job that a charlatan like Biden finally has a chance.
    Imagine your self from 2016 saying the same... Here is another way to put it... The left is so scary to American people, that our candidates are Biden and Trump.

We have two bottom of the barrel candidates. One who is trying to get people not to come out to the polls against him and the other who needs to give a reason for people to bother.
    What’s your issue with his housing and social justice proposals?

Edit: Remember the shit you called people over Reade? Any harsh words for Trump supporters over using the DOJ in Trump’s literal rape case? She has DNA.....

Edit 2: How are you supposed to have a reason to vote for him, when you literally ignore his current proposals, to dredge up shit people have been saying about him for decades?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I'm getting a giggle at these "if you aren't antifa you aren't anti-facist."

Bitch please. I was stomping skin heads at Guttermouth shows when most of these kids were still pissing themselves.
    It’s fashion... it can’t be anything else... how can you bitch that Biden doesn’t support antifa, as his opponent is literally redefining it as terrorism? Few more elections of leftist purity tests and they won’t be the ones conducting them...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-09 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh good, they can gut 75% of the bill, add in half the benefit as previous, and then dishonestly say Democrats are holding the bill up if they don't vote for it.

I mean, at least that's something and folks desperately need the help, but it's pretty fuckin pathetic and very expected from the terrified party of small, boring ideas.
    Like I said last time, democrats need to take the partial loss on this one and get that unemployment to the 25 mil? People who need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Like I said last time, democrats need to take the partial loss on this one and get that unemployment to the 25 mil? People who need it.
    That's part of the problem: The GOP proposal isn't sending it to the people who really need it. The Democrats already cut their proposed bill back by a third and both the GOP and Trump flat out refused to deal with it.

Imagine your self from 2016 saying the same... Here is another way to put it... The left is so scary to American people, that our candidates are Biden and Trump.

What’s your issue with his housing and social justice proposals?

Edit: Remember the shit you called people over Reade? Any harsh words for Trump supporters over using the DOJ in Trump’s literal rape case? She has DNA.....

Edit 2: How are you supposed to have a reason to vote for him, when you literally ignore his current proposals, to dredge up shit people have been saying about him for decades?

- - - Updated - - -

It’s fashion... it can’t be anything else... how can you bitch that Biden doesn’t support antifa, as his opponent is literally redefining it as terrorism? Few more elections of leftist purity tests and they won’t be the ones conducting them...
    dude got it the wrong way round no one said that, if you are anti-fascist you are antifa...its literally what it means....whether you were SHARPs or whatever

falling into the trap of classifying leftists there too

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    That's part of the problem: The GOP proposal isn't sending it to the people who really need it. The Democrats already cut their proposed bill back by a third and both the GOP and Trump flat out refused to deal with it.
    How is getting +300 a week to the 25 mil or so unemployed not going to the people who need it? Did I miss something?

I'm aware the house passed a much better bill long ago, but that is dead in the water. This is something.

How is getting +300 a week to the 25 mil or so unemployed not going to the people who need it? Did I miss something?

I'm aware the house passed a much better bill long ago, but that is dead in the water. This is something.
    300 a week is already a thing. signing the bill is just signing what's already being given, it's basically pointless. better to fight for something better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    300 a week is already a thing. signing the bill is just signing what's already being given, it's basically pointless. better to fight for something better imo.
    It was only going to be a thing for 6 weeks or so with the funding source trump was trying to use. This is through the end of the year.

It is NOT basically pointless. I hate the right and trump like everyone else, but let's not deny reality like they do please.

It was only going to be a thing for 6 weeks or so with the funding source trump was trying to use. This is through the end of the year.

It is NOT basically pointless. I hate the right and trump like everyone else, but let's not deny reality like they do please.
    Right, just give up, not use that 6 weeks to try to get something better.

Right, just give up, not use that 6 weeks to try to get something better.
    Nevermind, smile.
    Last edited by Hinastorm; 2020-09-09 at 05:04 AM.

Rofl. Ok bud.

Cause you know everything about me and my situation.
    I'm talking about dem's in congress, not you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl. Ok bud.

Cause you know everything about me and my situation.
    Its all a game to some people.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I'm talking about dem's in congress, not you.
    Sorry, misunderstood.

Sorry, misunderstood.
    all good, I could have been clearer.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-09-09 at 06:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like we’ve been down this path of the media having a penchant for loaded questions before, during the primary.

Anyway I just wish folks would have the nuts to say antifascist instead of abbreviating it to sound scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.