Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Multiclasses are something way out of Blizzard's league of competence.

They can't even redesign or balance individual specs or give them a couple of meaningful talent rows.

Multiclasses, fourth specs etc.... never going to happen in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    ....you do understand most lore characters are multiple classes right?

Story>Gameplay

wouldn't work well in the game...works well for the story thou, especially with the more martial classes like Hunter,Rogue,Warrior which could be considered "Fighters"

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    Haha, let me play on my female rogue on monday, then change to male priest on tuesday, I sexually identify as an attack helicopter warrior on wednesday and warlock on thursday, haha lol wait why does my friendslist keep changing? Wait, why do I not have friends? Where is my good friend XxpussydestroyerxX he's nowhere to be found. Wait, why can I not keep track of the people I met, everyday the possibility of developing long term friendships with players in this game only seems to grow even more narrow by the day, as if, as if those manipulating our society are fabricating a weapon of mass division within us, as if, to ever so increase their rule, to keep us distracted figuring out our differences, to drown us in a sea of solitude and weakness, a sea of unnatural, to eliminate what categorizes us as humans entitled to rights, to slowly strip us all from our humanity with all the questions and doubt they provoke, to bring us to our knees, disappointments of our former selves, and subject us all to their masterful evil plan of absolute and eternal dominance.

No.
    Call me on Tuesday and we can run some mythic dungeons! Healers are a scarce commodity.

Name one good MMO with multi class
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I am not particularly for or against multi-classes in WoW but mate, all the points you list are non-issues. Every problem has a solution. And every solution comes with a sacrifice. In the case of game development, the only significant sacrifice is time. And it is true, it would take a lot of time to make this system work. The question is, is it worth the time? And since it can create all kinds of new gameplay styles it can be worth the time, but the playerbase of WoW simply isn't ready for change. Majority of WoW players play WoW as a form of escapism. You cannot push them to a corner in their escape area. They will rebel. And in that sense it is not worth the sacrifice, because this sad bunch will never appreciate new things, no matter how much potentail they hold.

Me personally, I'd love to play a Holy-themed Archer class within the Warcraft Universe!
    it will take time investment, hence why i think they should just remake the game, aka wow 2.0 but allow for the multiclass removal of the stigma behind it, you wanna tank tank, you want to heal, then heal, you want to DPS do it.

it allows for a much more indepth change and playerbase

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    wile i dont think this will ever happen,and people looking at this cinematic taking it to far,things in these cinematics dont follow ingame rules...

i think you are extremly exagerating the posbility of this,it would in no way require a revamp,or classes needing to be removed LOL,how?

it would be a really simple implementation...every class could have a quest where they can pick another class to add their abilities to their toolkit,your warrior would learn some rogue-like abilities,simple as that,think of it a a covenant,you are still a warrior,but instead of expansion X borrowed power,you get a few abilities of class X
    it could be done like that, but to me its pointless in the grand scheme of things, a revamp of the game would be better, aka make a WOW 2.0
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, no, probably not, but I'm not going to say it's completely impossible. The Covenants already act as subclasses, essentially.

If Blizzard really wanted to, I could see them bringing back the class orders from Legion and letting players dabble in a second class as a "borrowed power" system that could maybe actually persist into the next expansion, since classes are permanent. So like, a warrior could double down and train new powers with their order, or join the rogue order and learn a few of their powers.

Not likely, but never say never with Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    it could be done like that, but to me its pointless in the grand scheme of things, a revamp of the game would be better, aka make a WOW 2.0
    We're about to be in WoW 9.0. Classic might be getting 2.0 soon, though. It's called The Burning Crusade.

No multiclasses, no rerolling your class, etc.

They're gonna keep trying to force you to play alts whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    No multiclasses, no rerolling your class, etc.

They're gonna keep trying to force you to play alts whether you like it or not.
    You are in no way forced to play outs. Get that nonsense out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Never gonna happen. Wow is not built to support that kind of shit, you make a character for each class, that's how the game is built
    While I agree with the idea that this will never happen (and don't think it should happen) this is a ridiculously weak argument. There's no reason from a design or technical perspective this couldn't be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawpurr View Post
    If I could take this idea and run with it, I would actually hope for a crossclassing system before a class changing system. Imagine a system like covenants but it's made up of the order halls - Swear fealty, get ability. A balance nightmare probably, but that would be the way to do it.
    Class halls where you could get the ability to multiclass would be pretty awesome. imagine being able to cross warrior with mage and make an eldritch knight. I;m sure it would take a complete retooling of the class system in WoW to make it work, but god it wouldbe awesome.

Why are you applying gameplay restriction to a NPC, when they've never done so?

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    So in the Afterlives trailer, Draka changes her way from being a Warrior to being a Rogue.

We know Blizzard likes to copy other games, and FFXIV, WoW's biggest competetor, has a system where you can be "all" classes/jobs on your 1 main character.

With the current meta of "maining" so many characters, constantly switching specs, and the constant complaint that people want things account wide...

If your Night Elf can be all Night Elf classes, maybe people would go back to playing 1 character?

NOTE: I don't personally want this.
    I don't see why not tbh. I think people are assuming multiclassing would entail casting Rogue spells as a warrior, when realistically It'd be "Hey you can pick up this other disciple of magic and put your current one down!" which would work as long as it'd stay within the racial limitations currently in WoW. I'd like to see it, but realistically it's a LOT of work that'd have to be done, so I doubt it'll happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Thrall was a Warrior before he became a Shaman (in fact, wore plate armor not Mail).
    Arthas and others were Paladins before they became Death Knights.
    Nobundo was a Paladin before becoming a Shaman.
    There is that one random Night Elf priest that became a Paladin, similar to many of the first Paladins who were priests and warriors.

Lore is full of characters that either bridge classes or switch classes ... it isn't happening because Draka did. This is a stretch because if the 999 characters before her didn't justify multi-classing, there is no way the 1000th will. (mild sarcasm in that statement, don't take it literal).
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    I apologize, you must suffer from IDD.
    Your comments are entirely worthless and bring nothing of importance to the discussion.
    Go outside, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I mean, no, probably not, but I'm not going to say it's completely impossible. The Covenants already act as subclasses, essentially.

If Blizzard really wanted to, I could see them bringing back the class orders from Legion and letting players dabble in a second class as a "borrowed power" system that could maybe actually persist into the next expansion, since classes are permanent. So like, a warrior could double down and train new powers with their order, or join the rogue order and learn a few of their powers.

Not likely, but never say never with Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

We're about to be in WoW 9.0. Classic might be getting 2.0 soon, though. It's called The Burning Crusade.
    your telling me you wouldnt mind a new game? in the wow universe, that had new lore new everything a couple thousand years in the future/past, and followed things,

like come on, a classless system, where everyone could be everything would be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    ESO has multiclassing and it's awful

A mage, warrior and rogue and everything inbetween should always be easily recongisable and distinctly different from one another
    I Agree,

do it like how Rift did it.

you can choose to be any class WHENEVER you want through souls or what ever it was,

and then your stuck in that tree till you **Talent Swap**

could be feesible
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    your telling me you wouldnt mind a new game? in the wow universe, that had new lore new everything a couple thousand years in the future/past, and followed things,

like come on, a classless system, where everyone could be everything would be nice.
    If you think Blizzard is interested in building a new MMORPG from the ground up right now, you really must not understand the state of modern game development or the market.

They would be spending hundreds of millions on a new game that could not possibly reach the same level of market penetration that WoW had, which would be a direct competitor for WoW while having far less content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not, not really. You're reading waaaaaay too much into this OP.
    Here is something to believe in!