Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If the leaked priced though GameStop is true a 1TB SSD upgrade from Seagate will cost $229.

FUCKEN LOL.
    That price isn't actually as insane as it sounds. A 1 TB PCIE 4.0 SSD will cost you a minimum of $159 right now and that's with relatively low read/write speeds. Not saying they're not going to skim off the top, because they will, but its really not a fucking lol when you actually price out the parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Has it been confirmed that the price for the X is 500. I've only seen Microsoft confirm the price of the S.
    You know what? You're right they haven't as far as I know, it's just sort of implied.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Imagine a Koei Tecmo game trending over your next gen console price and release date.

Microsoft is truly fucked.
    Even as much as i want an x for 3rd party games, it wont even get most of them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    That price isn't actually as insane as it sounds. A 1 TB PCIE 4.0 SSD will cost you a minimum of $159 right now and that's with relatively low read/write speeds. Not saying they're not going to skim off the top, because they will, but its really not a fucking lol when you actually price out the parts.
    I mean if youre gonna buy an s but 500 gigs isnt enough, you may as well buy an x since it will be cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Imagine a Koei Tecmo game trending over your next gen console price and release date.

Microsoft is truly fucked.
    Imagine being so dumb that you don't realize the implications something like the Xbox Series S will have on the next gen situation and the future of consoles going forward.

You can have a next gen console that plays all next gen games bundled with Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass and stream games to mobile devices, all for only $25 a month. You literally get a new console that plays all new games, access to all the multiplayer stuff for it, as well as over 100 games through Game Pass including all first party games on their release day as part of it, AND stream games to any android device (and hopefully Apple at some point as well). And you can have all of that Day 1 of the console's release.......for $25 a month.

Also considering the current situation of the world at large due to the pandemic and a lot more people than usual being strapped for cash, and something like this is a HUGE deal for people who still want to play video games and keep up with the Jones'. Not to mention that more and more entertainment mediums (including video games) are heading towards subs/ecosystems/streaming/etc, and Microsoft is setting themselves up nice and pretty for the future. Meanwhile, we'll probably see Sony scrambling to catch up in all of these regards. Microsoft is literally giving gamers the most consumer friendly option available for next gen and all some morons can do is laugh about it while they pay Nintendo more money for another release of the same Mario game they've owned and played several times over already. The sheer amount of stupidity in that is astounding.

You can hate Microsoft all you want. You can prefer Sony/Nintendo exclusives all you want. You can PC master race all you want. But the fact of the matter is, this shit that Microsoft is doing is game changing, and represents a shift in the video game world whether you want to realize that or not. But keep being a Sony Pony/Nintendo Weeb/PC master racer/whatever, and not being smart enough to realize what is playing out before your very eyes. People who actually realize the significance of this are really excited about what this means for video games going forward, and aren't sitting around like a fucking idiotic weeb going "LOL NINTENDO GAME HAZ MORE ATTENTION THAN XBOX!! LOL!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Even as much as i want an x for 3rd party games, it wont even get most of them
    What do you mean? Xbox usually gets the vast majority of 3rd party titles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If the leaked priced though GameStop is true a 1TB SSD upgrade from Seagate will cost $229.

FUCKEN LOL.
    Only thing that is "FUCKEN LOL" is your apparent ignorance on the price of this kind of technology currently. Yeah, it's expensive compared to what we were use to this gen. But this is the launch of next gen tech. That shit always has a price premium at the start, especially when it's used in a way that's never been done before. The prices will come down over time, just like it always does as technology ages and matures. And if anyone needs more than 1TB of storage for the first year they own the console, then they need to learn how to uninstall unnecessary shit they no longer play.

Will you also say "FUCKEN LOL" when Sony's add in SSD's are also relatively expensive to buy and the PS5 itself will most likely be fairly expensive due to the super expensive proprietary storage system it has (and that we've seen multiple rumors and leaks on that it was causing Sony headaches trying to bring the cost of production down)? Because if you end up praising Sony, then you'll be nothing but a giant fucking hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Do you know if it has USB slots? And if so, will it be able to support the external drives from the Xbox One?
    It will support older external drives (aka, anything that's not the new proprietary SSD that you have to buy from MS/Seagate) but only as a way to store next gen games or store/play last gen games. Stuff developed specifically for the Series X will require you to have the game installed on the internal SSD or the proprietary SSD you can add in if you want to play the game (you can store the game on any storage device, you just won't be able to play it until you move it to the faster SSDs). But games from this gen and older can play off of any storage device you have hooked up the the Xbox.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    I hope the trend of monthly payments on consoles continues. I would gladly pay $35 month for 24 months. It even includes gamepass I believe.
    $35 a month for the most powerful next gen console ($25 a month for the Series S), Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass, and the ability to stream your games to mobile devices. That is a HUGE amount of value for $35 (or $25) a month. Unfortunately, there's a lot of Sony Ponies/Nintendo Weebs out there that don't understand the significance of this and are currently circle jerking to the tune of "hurr durr, MS is fucked, lol". MS is probably giving us the most consumer friendly option out of all the console makers for this next gen, and all the dumbasses can do is laugh and make fun of it because they're too fucking stupid to understand how the real world works (especially during a pandemic).
    Last edited by Weebslol69; 2020-09-09 at 07:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weebslol69 View Post
    Will you also say "FUCKEN LOL" when Sony's add in SSD's are also relatively expensive to buy and the PS5 itself will most likely be fairly expensive due to the super expensive proprietary storage system it has (and that we've seen multiple rumors and leaks on that it was causing Sony headaches trying to bring the cost of production down)? Because if you end up praising Sony, then you'll be nothing but a giant fucking hypocrite.
    Sony's storage system is not going to be proprietary. You can fit regular high speed m.2 nvme drives. This has already been confirmed.

Also, I have no idea what Microsoft is trying to accomplish this generation. Sure things like Gamepass are cool, but there is no compelling reason whatsoever to buy a series X over any other console or a pc. They just don't have the games. No exclusives. Nothing of interest. I feel this could be the last generation of hardware from them and can see this backfire really badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Sony's storage system is not going to be proprietary. You can fit regular high speed m.2 nvme drives. This has already been confirmed.

Also, I have no idea what Microsoft is trying to accomplish this generation. Sure things like Gamepass are cool, but there is no compelling reason whatsoever to buy a series X over any other console or a pc. They just don't have the games. No exclusives. Nothing of interest. I feel this could be the last generation of hardware from them and can see this backfire really badly.
    Correction: You can only use SSDs that Sony officially approves, and I can almost guarantee those will see some kind of premium put on them because of it. And they won't be cheap regardless. You'll still be paying ~$150-$200 at least for a decent/reliable 1TB SSD. And the internal storage and the system associated with it is proprietary and very expensive. We've been hearing leaks for quite awhile now that Sony has been struggling to keep the cost of the PS5 down due to this system.

As to your second comment: This strategy obviously isn't aimed at someone like you. But to sit there and say "$25 a month for a next gen console, Xbox Live, and Xbox Game Pass and the ability to stream my games to mobile devices is dumb" is not understanding just how significant something like this is for a lot of people. Especially people who live on tight budgets (and during a global pandemic and job losses no less). Will it win MS the next gen "console war"? Maybe, maybe not. But it WILL have ramifications on how video games and consoles are handled going forward. Because you can bet your ass we will probably see Sony shifting their strategy as well to catch up to MS in this regard or compensate in some way.

Plus, all this strategy has to do is be profitable (and I'm sure it will be). If MS turns a profit on this, at the end of the day, that's all that will matter and will be enough to keep them going. They don't have to "win" the console war to stay in it.
    Last edited by Weebslol69; 2020-09-09 at 07:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correction: You can only use SSDs that Sony officially approves, and I can almost guarantee those will see some kind of premium put on them because of it. And they won't be cheap regardless. You'll still be paying ~$150-$200 at least for a decent/reliable 1TB SSD. And the internal storage and the system associated with it is proprietary and very expensive. We've been hearing leaks for quite awhile now that Sony has been struggling to keep the cost of the PS5 down due to this system.
    No, see Mark Cerney's deep dive presentation. The SSD's must have a minimum spec in order to be used in the PS5, not an 'official approval'. You will be able to use high-end SSD's that are already widely available on the market provided they meet the minimum specs.

The minimum specs will be shared at a later point in time however.

As to your second comment: This strategy obviously isn't aimed at someone like you. But to sit there and say "$25 a month for a next gen console, Xbox Live, and Xbox Game Pass and the ability to stream my games to mobile devices is dumb" is not understanding just how significant something like this is for a lot of people. Especially people who live on tight budgets (and during a global pandemic and job losses no less). Will it win MS the next gen "console war"? Maybe, maybe not. But it WILL have ramifications on how video games and consoles are handled going forward. Because you can bet your ass we will probably see Sony shifting their strategy as well to catch up to MS in this regard or compensate in some way.
    If you are going to consider broke people as the primary target audience, think again. Why would they buy the new system? They will just stick to whatever they have or just don't buy it at all. They have no money. My concern is aimed at why you would even buy a new xbox compared to a PS5, a PC or even a Switch. Microsoft brings zero incentive whatsoever when you want to play (new) games.

No, see Mark Cerney's deep dive presentation. The SSD's must have a minimum spec in order to be used in the PS5, not an 'official approval'. You will be able to use high-end SSD's that are already widely available on the market provided they meet the minimum specs.

The minimum specs will be shared at a later point in time however.
    So SSDs that are more or less officially approved by Sony. Thanks for proving my point I guess? And to think those SSDs will be cheap considering the specs they will most likely have to meet is pretty fucking hilarious to say the least. A lot of the SSD manufacturers can slap a "PS5 compatible" sticker on them and then consider that a good enough reason to increase the price on them.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are going to consider broke people as the primary target audience, think again. Why would they buy the new system? They will just stick to whatever they have or just don't buy it at all. They have no money. My concern is aimed at why you would even buy a new xbox compared to a PS5, a PC or even a Switch. Microsoft brings zero incentive whatsoever when you want to play (new) games.
    Lol. It's not broke people, or just broke people. You vastly underestimate people who look for value in their purchases or people who will buy this as a gift for someone and will go with the cheaper option. Hell, I'm seeing a lot of people all over the internet already saying they'll pay the $25 a month or just the $300 straight up for a Series S to get access to Game Pass. And these are people who, before the announcement, had ZERO interest in the next gen Xbox stuff. But because of the VALUE of the deal, they're actually willing to fork over their money for this now because MS is actually giving them a reason to do so. There's a lot of people who only game on consoles, and a deal like this is hard to pass up, even for someone who maybe only played on Sony this past gen.

And I've literally already stated WHY someone would buy the console, in addition to what i just said in the above paragraph. You can get a hell of a lot of value out of $25 a month. A next gen console, Xbox live, Game Pass (which is over 100 games and gets first party titles when they launch, so yes it does get NEW games), and the ability to stream all of those games to other devices. NONE of the competition offers that kind of value for that price. And there are actually a lot of people out there that either don't care about exclusives or don't care enough about them to spend extra money on another console for one or two games.

This proposition obviously isn't aimed at you. But to sit there and act like this doesn't apply to anyone else is quite frankly, stupid. This is literally one of the most consumer friendly things we've EVER seen from a console maker, and you're sitting there acting like it doesn't make sense. You're the type of gamer that Sony and Nintendo LOVE......easily fooled into parting with your money for their own shit, even if it's a worse value.
    Last edited by Weebslol69; 2020-09-09 at 08:56 AM.

Game Pass is now going to include EA play at no extra cost...

So that's like what? 450 games on Game Pass now?

Edit -

Series X confirmed $499, All Access for $34.99/month
    Series S - $299, All Access for $24.99/month

Series S explainer

Pre-Orders September 22nd.

Release November 10th.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2020-09-09 at 02:22 PM.

Game pass will soon include EA Play now...sometime this year around the holiday season...at no additional cost.

At this point, it isn't even a console war anymore. Microsoft is in the cloud gaming business. So long Sony and Nintendo!
    Last edited by Tikishock; 2020-09-09 at 02:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine actually wanting to play ea games. I also dont understand the obsession with gamepass. They constantly take games off and who knows when the one you want will be on there
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-09-09 at 03:40 PM.

Imagine actually wanting to play ea games. I also dont understand the obsession with gamepass. They constantly take games off and who knows when the one you want will be on there
    I only pick it up for months there is something i want to play, like right now I have it for flight sim

15+ Year Old Account
    So if its only valuable once in a blue moon, why do people make it out to be some switch and ps5 killer?

10+ Year Old Account
    With having two high end gaming PC's in my household (my wife and my own), and the value of Game Pass, my wife and i have decided that we will not be purchasing an Xbox Series S/X. This is unusual for us as we have two of every previous gen device cause we like to play games together when possible and couch co-op largely doesn't exist. But in our personal situation, we can not think of a single justification for owning a Series S/X. We will be able to play all First party through game pass, and essentially all third party will also be available on PS5 so we will go with that console this generation and write off the Series S/X.

- - - Updated - - -

So if its only valuable once in a blue moon, why do people make it out to be some switch and ps5 killer?
    My view, it's a supplement, if anything, if you have a viable PC for it, the only console it kills is Xbox. Game pass is literally replacing the need to own an xbox for my household.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Why did people call every mmo to come out over the last 16 years a wow killer? people are dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Why did people call every mmo to come out over the last 16 years a wow killer? people are dumb
    I'm glad you said it so I didn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    from 2017 dude......in alpha....stfu lol you think the game hasnt changed in 3 years of dev? lol sigh
    We too were once like you. Seeing everything through the lens of naivety. I hope that the game is as good as you think it will be.

I severely doubt it will even be close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people feel the need to justify or reinforce their purchasing decisions by tearing down the choices of others. It's a shitty personality trait, yet all too common.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/xbox...n-september-22

$500 for the Series X
    Both consoles launch on Nov 10

AC: Valhalla moved up to line up with the console, will do 4k/60 on the X
    Gears Tactics is now a launch title (woooooo?)

Damn, was hoping this would launch the first week of November so there was a nice break between this and the rumored PS5 release (week of the 16th).

I get the appeal of Game Pass even if I'm not super interested, and adding in the EA pass for free just adds more value. Great for folks that are into the subscription/rental system like that, that's a massive number of games.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    We will be able to play all First party through game pass, and essentially all third party will also be available on PS5 so we will go with that console this generation and write off the Series S/X.
    See this is the part I don't think MS gets and a LOT of people are going to feel the same way. All of these moves they are going has a really good chance of biting them right in the ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Gears Tactics is now a launch title (woooooo?)
    What????

Its already out on pc, Did they seriously delay the Xbox One version to make it a launch title for the Series X/S???????????????????????
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD