login/music builds are best builds

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    login/music builds are best builds
    Because it means we're close to release?

isnt there a beta build today?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...lands/638371/5

New dev update. Most of the stuff in here sounds good, until you remember that we're less than 2 months to launch and all of this stuff is still in flux. And PvP gearing they don't even have an idea of what the fix is yet.

Shadows of BFAs past.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

No swappable covenants. Tantrums incoming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Love that Blizz took the time to put their foot down on that idea hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Love that Blizz took the time to put their foot down on that idea hard.
    It doesn't matter how much they explain it, if a customer "isn't getting what they want" it's anti-consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Oh boy, I can't wait.

All this talk of entering the final phase of the Beta/PTR does make me really scared for what will become of MM. This isnt a case where some players don't enjoy the interpretation, the entire rotation is flawed.
    We really, really need a dev post on what is going on with MM. Honestly, even the WoD Demonology thing of the devs coming out and admitting they don't want players choosing that spec would be welcome at this point.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    All this talk of entering the final phase of the Beta/PTR does make me really scared for what will become of MM. This isnt a case where some players don't enjoy the interpretation, the entire rotation is flawed.
    We really, really need a dev post on what is going on with MM. Honestly, even the WoD Demonology thing of the devs coming out and admitting they don't want players choosing that spec would be welcome at this point.
    Let's be honest Hunters are just broken entirely and need to be rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Let's be honest Hunters are just broken entirely and need to be rebuilt.
    Pretty much.
    We have Survival that sorely lacks an identity, Beastmaster who is only tangentially involved with beats and MM whose only proc is categorically ignored.

10+ Year Old Account

A bit overdramatic there. I doubt Hunters will be in a bad state as you put it. If you're worried the rotation doesn't flow, well I dunno I find that doubtful.

Pretty much.
    We have Survival that sorely lacks an identity, Beastmaster who is only tangentially involved with beats and MM whose only proc is categorically ignored.
    Survival turning into full melee would be interesting but I know there's plenty of Survival hunters who don't want the melee stuff.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Jesus is MM Hunter that bad? I'm a MM hunter main so yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    A bit overdramatic there. I doubt Hunters will be in a bad state as you put it. If you're worried the rotation doesn't flow, well I dunno I find that doubtful.
    Just checking on the PTR. Using your only proc makes you unable to use Aimed Shot on cooldown, the only time the ability is available is during rare lulls in your rotation when you can fit iin Arcane shot just because you can immediately offset the cost with a Steady Shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much.
    Frankly I could make a long post about how removing Ranged Survival inadvertently killed the class, but the short version is basically

They killed Ranged Survival to bring back Melee Hunter, which was a good idea. But they just poured all of Ranged Survival into Marksman, without any sense of how it would affect Marksman's rotation, and then never fixed it while also throwing more stuff into the gumbo via the Artifact and Azerite.

Meanwhile, yeah, Survival never had a firm identity. It's gotten better tools, but still feels listless because it has no firm "heroic moment."

Also pets have been irrelevant for years now and Blizz tries to paper mache over it with more skins rather than more depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Jesus is MM Hunter that bad? I'm a MM hunter main so yeah...
    The Master Marksman talent taht made your first precise shot after Aimed Shot free has been changed to a different talent that does something completely different.
    Because of that we are made to realize how focus starved we really are.

The Master Marksman talent taht made your first precise shot after Aimed Shot free has been changed to a different talent that does something completely different.
    Because of that we are made to realize how focus starved we really are.
    I've been using that talent for the entirety of BfA so that sounds awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I've been using that talent for the entirety of BfA so that sounds awful.
    The real kicker is that you will still be using the reused version the entirety of Shadowlands too, the other two talents are the same and now suffer even more seeing as we have even less Focus to spare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just checking on the PTR. Using your only proc makes you unable to use Aimed Shot on cooldown, the only time the ability is available is during rare lulls in your rotation when you can fit iin Arcane shot just because you can immediately offset the cost with a Steady Shot.
    Sounds functional then sitting there waiting for a cooldown/ability to activate/beuseable.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Sounds functional then sitting there waiting for a cooldown/ability to activate/beuseable.
    Well I decided to experiment with some talent setups, and managed to find one that eschews all abilities that could potentially focus starve me, ended up actually getting to use the procs. Though on the whole that still leaves the question of why that isnt the baseline spec and the talents add stuff instead.