Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'm wondering how far they could push it if they decided to. Short lived races like Thrall and Jaina would be in Oribos and wouldn't be affected, so you could technically push it to a 200 year time skip, races like dwarves elves and draenei characters would still be alive. Plus, if you want any alive that would be dead, just throw them in Oribos with the rest.
    If we get one, I don't think it'll be anything as dramatic as 200 years. I'm thinking more like 20ish years, something like the Alliance Expedition.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Think his point (which is Blizzard's point really) is that players aren't being diverse from a gameplay standpoint aka 'I follow whatever guide tells me is best'.

Cosmetic diversity isn't an issue to Blizzard because the players already are diverse enough in cosmetics. It's diversity in the gameplay. It's why Ion asked Preach, (rhetorically honestly from tone) "Do you think every Hunter being exactly the same is good?"

And ofc from a competition standpoint Preach's answer makes sense. But I don't think Blizzard cares if PvE players (which is cooperative) compete against each other (ie one rogue 'competing' against another rogue), they more care that PvE content (raids/dungeons) include a diversity of classes (and soon covenants).

Which is why even with World First racing they try to put a stop to strats like 'ok stack this one class' which was most egregious I think with Rogues during Tomb of Sargeras? (I could be misremembering, some Method World First Raid clear had hella rogues!).

Anyways, regardless of whether one thinks it's right or wrong, Sondrelk is right in that's how Blizzard wants players to play their game. The reason so much pushback is happening though is because they've gone soooooo far in the other direction for a very long time that current players are incredibly used to it.
    I don't think every MM hunter playing the same is a problem no. Why should/is it be a problem?

More importantly Covenants don't solve anything about this problem. Talents already let players diverge, "But their not, they follow a guide". Well what do you think is going to happen with Covenants? People will follow a guide.
    Making it harder to swap doesn't stop people from following a guide, it just makes them complain when they experience that they picked the wrong thing.

Its not even a new phenomena. Back in TBC you had the choice between Aldor or Scyer and switching between the 2 was holymotherofgod hard. It was a "meaningfull choice" And did players pick them based on their ideals or looks? No you were a Rogue so you went for the one with a good epic dagger as a rep reward while a Mage went with the other because their shoulder enchant was better.

If you want players to diverge spend less time on adding more layers to pick from a guide and instead work harder to make the existing choices statistically similar enough that it doesn't matter which you pick.
    Because that is the only way to stop people from following a guide, by making the relevant entry in a guide say "do what you like it doesn't matter".
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The only kind of Timeskip they'll feasibly do is long enough to be dramatic/explain the sudden appearance of new settlements/subfactions in the old world, but not long enough to completely reimagine Azeroth or axe all the characters who aren't immortal.

10-20 years tops.

5+ Year Old Account
    The timeline was officially documented finally with the third chronicle, despite fans still getting it wrong/fighting over it. Good rule of thumb, every expansion is 1 year, except for Cata, which lasted 2.

So,

Classic: Year 25
    TBC: Year 26
    Wrath: Year 27
    Cata:Year 28
    MoP: Year 30
    WoD: Year 31
    Legion: Year 32
    BFA: Year 33
    Living on Azeroth must be exhausting assuming you make it to adult hood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Living on Azeroth must be exhausting assuming you make it to adult hood.
    well if you consider you aren't a hero/warrior, it's prob not that terrible. I mean yeah theres war and stuff but people living in stormwind/ironforge are prob quite cozy most of the time.

granted the legion invasion was prob extremely stressful.

Is this the latest a build has dropped in years?

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    well if you consider you aren't a hero/warrior, it's prob not that terrible. I mean yeah theres war and stuff but people living in stormwind/ironforge are prob quite cozy most of the time.

Was probably horribly stressful when Sargeras showed up. How many people did he alone kill VIA earthquakes and shit like that? Also, remember those spaceships going to Azeroth from Argus in 7.3? That probably caused some shit as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Is this the latest a build has dropped in years?
    Like I said, we're probably going to see the Login Screen/Music. Also doesn't help that 9.0.2 is going to be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Was probably horribly stressful when Sargeras showed up. How many people did he alone kill VIA earthquakes and shit like that? Also, remember those spaceships going to Azeroth from Argus in 7.3? That probably caused some shit as well.
    Yeah, with Azeroth, faction war is the norm, but every now and again you get those moments where cataclysms happen or undead/demons invade. I'd imagine Cata/Legion were way more eventful to your average farmer than any other xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those small details are needed...like a lot. Blizzard has done a good job with some world building(The stay awhile and listen stuff and some of the Kul'Tiras npcs talking about relevant stuff or future stuff happening).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yeah, with Azeroth, faction war is the norm, but every now and again you get those moments where cataclysms happen or undead/demons invade. I'd imagine Cata/Legion were way more eventful to your average farmer than any other xpac.
    Oh yeah, definitely. Imagine how the Players canonically must be feeling though...

They're the living embodiment of "Ah shit, here we go again!" at this rate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Those small details are needed...like a lot. Blizzard has done a good job with some world building(The stay awhile and listen stuff and some of the Kul'Tiras npcs talking about relevant stuff or future stuff happening).
    My personal favorite is the Taelia and Genn conversation. It's genuinely a down to earth moment from Blizzard that builds up tons of drama, and I love it whole heartedly. I also love the Valeera and Calia one, too. It's extremely awkward, and honestly, that's why I love it so much. Feels like they're actual people conversing, ya know?

Rereading the Warcraft comics got me missing Varian lately I hope he shows up in Maldraxxus or something in SL.

The patch hasn't been pushed yet right? I havent noticed anything on my end.

Maybe it got delayed to tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post

Either be powerless and die to everything, or be powerful and risk dying to everything.

There's really not a win-win. It's pretty grimdark.

Build is ready to download! 1.59 GB download and still no login screen

Quote Originally Posted by SamTheBeardedMan View Post
    Build is ready to download! 1.59 GB download and still no login screen
    Oh for fuck sake...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the longest we've gone without a log-in screen? Assuming it's coming next week, and the PTR is on the 29th, that would be less than 2 weeks.

Necrolords don't even have their covenant weapons, the art team is probably crunched to fuck.

I'll be extremely pissed off if we get the Login Screen a week before Pre-patch. Then again, we only have about 2 weeks till then. So, next week or the week before pre-patch are safe bets then? Idk

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Necrolords don't even have their covenant weapons, the art team is probably crunched to fuck.
    They most certainly do and they've had them for a long time. just scroll through that old post and look at everything with "Maldraxxus" in it's name.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I'll be extremely pissed off if we get the Login Screen a week before Pre-patch. Then again, we only have about 2 weeks till then. So, next week or the week before pre-patch are safe bets then? Idk
    We just got the login screen it seems.
    https://twitter.com/Stiven_SRB/statu...54259830697984