10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    So collusion no longer counts as interference? Pretty sure it would. I also know by watching enough Maddow that was she was pushing for well over 2 years along with a lot of people on this very forum.
    Why did Trump replace Sessions less than a month before Muller’s report?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

So collusion no longer counts as interference? Pretty sure it would. I also know by watching enough Maddow that was she was pushing for well over 2 years along with a lot of people on this very forum.
    Again, you're just making it obvious that you haven't read anything in the report.

Get back to us after you have.

Still waiting on that list of Democrats demanding a hot war with Russia!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bi-partisan does not mean impartial. They all want war with Russia or war with anyone they can.
    Can you stop with the Trump talking points? No one wants war with Russia... weeks after Trump was making the claim, Russia imposed no fly zone in Syria, just like Hillary said she would, without any war... but, being hailed by international community as a successful peace effort.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Hope you guys are ready for another two months of new stories about how shitty Trump is as president.

The people still voting for him by the end of all this may be the most delusional and brainwashed human beings of all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I mean QAnon, Flat Earthers, Russiagaters. You say Tomato and I say Tomato.
    This is bullshit, because calling it RussiaGate, is literally part of QAnon conspiracy... you are literally spreading QAnon conspiracy...

You do understand why “I say tomato, you tomato” is literally the opposite of the saying? You need to put an accent over the A, otherwise it just means you don’t know what the term means...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-10 at 12:03 AM.

I wanna know what Fauci is smoking as far as these comments is concerned, because they make no sense.

Anthony Fauci on Wednesday said he doesn't think President Trump was publicly distorting the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.

During an interview with Fox News's John Roberts, Fauci said Trump's public press conferences in the early spring mostly echoed what members of the White House coronavirus task force were telling him in private.

"I didn't see any discrepancies between what he told us and what we told him and what he ultimately came out publicly and said," Fauci, the country's top infectious diseases expert and head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said.

"He really didn't say anything different than we discussed when we were with him," Fauci said.

During the interview, Fauci stressed that he was speaking about his own conversations and interactions with the president.

"Remember, I'm a small frame in the big picture of what goes on," Fauci said.

Fauci acknowledged that Trump would "want to make sure the country wouldn't get down and out about things," but added, "I don't recall anything that was a gross distortion in anything I spoke to him about."

Fauci was responding to a new book written by Washington Post associate editor Bob Woodward in which Trump went on the record to say he publicly downplayed the threat of the emerging coronavirus pandemic despite knowing its actual danger.

Trump told Woodward in a March 19 interview that he "wanted to always play it down" to avoid creating a panic, according to audio published by CNN. But the president was privately aware of the threat of the virus, especially that it was much deadlier than the flu.

At the start of the outbreak, Trump repeatedly told the public the virus was nothing to worry about.

In February, he said the United States had the situation under control. Later that month, he predicted the U.S. would soon have "close to zero" cases.

In early March, Trump tweeted that there were only 546 confirmed coronavirus cases and 22 deaths, compared to thousands of seasonal flu deaths.

"So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on," he said.

Fauci's interview also comes on the same day Politico reported that emails showed how a senior adviser for the Department of Health and Human Services tried to dictate what Fauci said during interviews to prevent him from talking to the media about the risks the coronavirus poses to children.
    How did Trump NOT distort the impact of the pandemic, given he spent ages saying it was a hoax and then saying it would go away any minute? And then in private he's acknowledging what an absolute cluster fuck the situation is? Seems a little weird to me to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I wanna know what Fauci is smoking as far as these comments is concerned, because they make no sense.

How did Trump NOT distort the impact of the pandemic, given he spent ages saying it was a hoax and then saying it would go away any minute? And then in private he's acknowledging what an absolute cluster fuck the situation is? Seems a little weird to me to say the least.
    Last paragraph of what you posted...

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Last paragraph of what you posted...
    So the most logical conclusion I could come to is true? That he's having a bit of a pussboy moment and...distorting the truth?

Because he's been saying that no one will muzzle him.

White House coronavirus advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said Wednesday that he won’t be silenced when discussing the science and facts about the coronavirus after a report said a Trump administration official is trying to “muzzle” him.

Earlier Wednesday, Politico reported that Paul Alexander, an official at the Department of Health and Human Services, is trying to prevent Fauci from speaking about the risks that the coronavirus poses to children. Alexander, a Trump administration appointee, instructed press officers and other staff about what Fauci should say during media interviews, Politico wrote, citing emails.

“I would never be muzzled about anything when it comes to science and evidence and the facts,” Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said during an interview on Fox News.

HHS did not immediately respond to CNBC’s request for comment on the Politico report.

Fauci was appointed director of NIAID in 1984 and has worked under six U.S. presidents.

His comments on the pandemic have often been at odds with President Donald Trump and other U.S. officials who have frequently downplayed the virus. For instance, on Tuesday, Fauci said a coronavirus vaccine probably won’t be ready by the U.S. presidential election on Nov. 3, even after Trump suggested Monday that one could be ready before then.

Fauci has also spoken about the wide range of symptoms the virus can manifest, including in children, and has warned that some schools should take a more cautious approach to reopening.

On Wednesday, Fauci said schools in areas with low rates of coronavirus infections, or “green zones,” should have no problems bringing kids back to school.

“If you’re in a yellow zone, it’s more of a risk, so you may want to modify your schedule,” he said. “If you’re in a red zone, there’s a high degree of viral activity, I think you need to think twice before you get children to go back to school.”
    Seems like he's picking his battles. He's not wanting to outright disagree with Trump for fear of retaliation.

He is wrong about the distorting thing, but I don't deny that he echoed what his people were telling him, look who's on the task force, birx, pence, azar, jerome adams, Kudlow, it's a who's who of people telling trump what he wants to hear. Fauci was basically the only one who ever was contradicting his stuff.

He's smoking some good shit.

He likely knows he has to play the game if he wants to get good information out there, which means doing bullshit songs and dances like this. It's the price to pay for wanting to do his job while being allowed to speak to the press and share actual information. He's gotta kiss the ring, sadly.

And as @Felya posted, the last paragraph. The administration has repeatedly leaned on him when he's gotten too honest, even curtailing his ability to speak with the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He's smoking some good shit.

He likely knows he has to play the game if he wants to get good information out there, which means doing bullshit songs and dances like this. It's the price to pay for wanting to do his job while being allowed to speak to the press and share actual information. He's gotta kiss the ring, sadly.

And as @Felya posted, the last paragraph. The administration has repeatedly leaned on him when he's gotten too honest, even curtailing his ability to speak with the press.
    Sounds about right. You then have wankstains like this dude, who think they're the authority on everything. They're trying so hard to discredit Woodward, when all he is doing is reproducing what Trump said. 'Oh but Fauci said Trump is a good guy'. 2 mins ago they wanted to crucify Fauci.

Fauci hasn't helped matters by whimpering out at a point when he could've stood up and called bullshit on the entire situation.

Mind you, he also went about downplaying the seriousness of COVID-19, before the facts were made clear to him.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2020-09-10 at 12:16 AM.

I've read it, and I'm aware of the war hawk tendencies of the both sides of the isle. I mean they gave Bush, Obama, and Trump their war powers to basically claim terrorist and it's all the pretense they need to go to war.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1438...hetoric-russia

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/202.../impe-f04.html

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecu...was-act-of-war

Perhaps you should expand your own reading.

It's clear Democrats haven't had this fervor since the Cold War.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...d-of-cold-war/

But you want a written list of them all on record. They are too much of cowards to do that, but they do a good job at manufacturing consent for later on.
    So you have Democrats calling Russia's attack on the US elections an act of war. Which it kinda is. But not advocating for retaliation. The best you have on that is a former Clinton guy who's not an elected official.

You also have Democrats writ-large seeing Russia for the threat it is, without advocating for war.

The level of evidence required for you to believe something seems more based on whether you already believe it or not rather than the quantity or quality of the evidence.

Edit: And yes, I'll criticize cowardly Democratic and Republican legislators for the continuing AUMF, which is a travesty and them being too chickenshit of voting for a bad military action that might hurt their political careers. It's not that they WANT war, it's that they simply don't want to have to answer to voters why they authorized certain actions or not when they can simply say, "Well, the president did it and it's not our fault." which isn't true, but plays well with voters.

Denies Russia collusion in election, denies Russia paid bounties, reminds me of that picture from those Trumpsters, would rather be a Russian than a democrat.

It's possible to know that something represents a threat to democracy and stability in various countries WITHOUT wanting to blow shit up because of said threats. Not everything needs to be a war. It's why intelligence services exist. To mitigate threats without combat (in a normal world).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Denies Russia collusion in election, denies Russia paid bounties, reminds me of that picture from those Trumpsters, would rather be a Russian than a democrat.
    But, believes democrats want war with Russia... this is QAnon disguised with it’s ‘less’ outrageous claims. We are witnessing a self proclaimed leftist, spreading QAnon and Trump talking points.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've read it, and I'm aware of the war hawk tendencies of the both sides of the isle. I mean they gave Bush, Obama, and Trump their war powers to basically claim terrorist and it's all the pretense they need to go to war.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1438...hetoric-russia

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/202.../impe-f04.html

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecu...was-act-of-war

Perhaps you should expand your own reading.

It's clear Democrats haven't had this fervor since the Cold War.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...d-of-cold-war/

But you want a written list of them all on record. They are too much of cowards to do that, but they do a good job at manufacturing consent for later on.
    Nothing in what you posted says anything about declaring a hot war against Russia. Your stat at the bottom, 39% of Democrats think Russia is the country that represents the greatest danger to the US? That says that 61% (a majority) do NOT say that, and even if you DO think that Russia is the country that is currently threatening the US the most that does not translate into declaring war on them. Even higher percentages on both sides of the aisle believed Russia to be the greatest threat to the US during the Cold War, and hot war wasn't declared then either.

I think what Russia is doing right now, specifically with regards to election meddling, is extremely bad and very dangerous to democracies worldwide. But I am most emphatically NOT suggesting that a hot war is the solution to that. That would be even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Nothing in what you posted says anything about declaring a hot war against Russia. Your stat at the bottom, 39% of Democrats think Russia is the country that represents the greatest danger to the US? That says that 61% (a majority) do NOT say that, and even if you DO think that Russia is the country that is currently threatening the US the most that does not translate into declaring war on them. Even higher percentages on both sides of the aisle believed Russia to be the greatest threat to the US during the Cold War, and hot war wasn't declared then either.

I think what Russia is doing right now, specifically with regards to election meddling, is extremely bad and very dangerous to democracies worldwide. But I am most emphatically NOT suggesting that a hot war is the solution to that. That would be even worse.
    He is repeating a Trump talking point from 2016, when Hillary stated she wanted a no fly zone over Syria. Which Trump used to claim she wanted war with Russia. In 2017 Russia imposed a no fly zone, to international praise... not war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I forgot, I'm not servile to the Team Blue. Therefore I must be in support of the other team that continued to give Trump his War Powers and Spying power, and Military Budget. Damn Trump always fooling those gullible democratic leaders into giving the Executive Branch way too much power for any one person.
    Repeating Trump talking points and QAnon conspiracy theories, has nothing to do with team blue. It has everything to do with the irrational... last I checked, that’s not a team...

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not sure if this is the right place... but, parts of Sumner are getting evacuated in WA... that’s around a 45 min drive from Seattle, with current traffic:

Evacuations continue in Bonney Lake as nearby Sumner wildfire triples to 150 acres
    https://komonews.com/news/local/sumn...over-150-acres

Just to point it out... September 9th... in Seattle, it’s extremely dry with 91 today, 91 tomorrow and 87 on Friday... did I mention Seattle is dry in September?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Repeating Trump talking points and QAnon conspiracy theories, has nothing to do with team blue. It has everything to do with the irrational... last I checked, that’s not a team...
    He does all this, then lies saying dem's are continuing to give trump war powers, when dem's successfully passed bills to limit his power in not only the house, but also suprisingly the senate with some republican support, that trump vetoed and wasn't veto proofed, cause of republicans.

As a Republican, I'm just sitting here with popcorn watching you Democrats lay into each other with accusations of not really being Democrats. Good ol' purity testing.