Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    @enigma77 oh? sorry for asking but if you have time can you explain more in detail? which boss for example in bfa?
    i am seriously new to this wa stuff. even figuring out how to show the buffs i wanted took huge amount of time. I could never have time for mythic raiding but, through all expansions I have always gotten my aotc quite fast (as a reference with my familiarity with the boss fights)
    I think he's specifically talking about the ra-den weak aura. On mythic, there's an extra orb, meaning you have to deal with two "unstable" mechanics at once. On heroic, you can just set 6 players in an order for Vita in case one of your 5 is targeted by it, but in mythic the extra variable of two people potentially being targeted can really screw with your order. The weakaura detects who has vita or the new debuff, nightmare, and alters assignments accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Hilarious that people are still mad over DBM. It doesn't make you a better player to play without DBM and WAs. If that were the case then all of you hating on DBM and WA would be some of the best players in the world. But you aren't good players and you're trying to cope. Many such cases. SAD!

Quote Originally Posted by idnn View Post
    Since 2006

and if you dont like them.. Dont use them ??????

- - - Updated - - -

no wonder FFX raiding sucks.
    You say that, but its creeping on wow as becoming a more popular MMO, and their raids typically are much more fun and involved than wows are. I prefer wow, but the raids in FFXIV are superior in every way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    You say that, but its creeping on wow as becoming a more popular MMO, and their raids typically are much more fun and involved than wows are. I prefer wow, but the raids in FFXIV are superior in every way.
    Eh, maybe to you they're superior, but not everyone. I, for one hated them. I think they're designed like absolute crap, and they all feel like the exact same thing re-done over and over again. But to each their own, I suppose.

A good UI and addon setup definitely helps. But you could argue that some of the skill is in setting that up to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no.
    Some Bosses in recent expansion would be QUITE difficult with no DBM/BigWigs/Weakauras/whatever addons you use

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a little bit of reality, even with these addons, you still have idiots wiping on normal and heroic. If you remove the addons, these idiots would wipe endlessly on LFR. I can't argue that DBM doesn't make the game drastically easier, but I do know that without, your average pug wouldn't get anywhere.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Does aimbot ask you to update it every time you log in?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    An aimbot aims for you, DBM doesn't move you out of fire.

DBM in an FPS would literally just be a big thing that says "Shoot his head!" any time a player comes on screen.
    I disagree with the comparison. DBM tells you to run away because the boss is about to fart in your face. I find DBM main purpose is to warn the player when to move etc. It may not say "Shoot his head", instead it shouts "Run away little girl".

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    DBM is just a ton of reminders and timers, it's neat for practice and progress but can get annoying when you know the encounter inside out from having done it so many times. Worse is being reliant on it telling you what to do without ever clueing in on what's happening around you. When going for speedy progress and fast clears this unfortunately becomes the norm which only comes back to bite people sooner or later as the difficulty is ramped up or they suddenly find themselves without the addon in the middle of a raid.
    The automarking of people is where it gets a bit too much like weakauras doing way more on the fly and with expediency, providing additional information by automatically showing the player stuff they wouldn't otherwise be privy to at a glance. I suppose that'd be equivalent to the crosshair turning a specific color when a headshot is lined up along with listing the current hp and armor of whoever you're looking at/number of shots it'd take to kill them.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    It can literally auto assign people to do mechanics, where normally you'd have to do that the old fashioned way in the middle of the fight, greatly trivializing bosses.
    Making something easier =/= cheating.

Aim bot guarantee kills by aiming instantly at the head.

DBM does not guarantee a boss kill, so no they are absolutely not comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Yep I agree and I've been thinking this for years.

But WeakAuras is even worse. This shit is downright cheating.
    It depends. Some weak auras literally just let you change the position, appearance or size of something that's already on your screen and let you make it bigger. For example you can do this with a buff or debuff that is displayed in the top right of your screen by default. That is literally just changing the visibility of something that is provided bt the game by default. To say this use of weakauras is cheating is like saying someone with poor eyesight putting their glasses on is cheating.

There are other more complex types of weak auras which literally tell your raid team exactly how to handle a mechanic as it is happening which I think are a bit more questionable. For example there was a weak aura for the penultimate boss of Mythic tomb of sargeras which let you set teams up for soaking beams and told each person exactly when it was there turn to soak the beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    The automarking of people is where it gets a bit too much like weakauras doing way more on the fly and with expediency, providing additional information by automatically showing the player stuff they wouldn't otherwise be privy to at a glance. I suppose that'd be equivalent to the crosshair turning a specific color when a headshot is lined up along with listing the current hp and armor of whoever you're looking at/number of shots it'd take to kill them.
    There was a time where this definitely would have been a valid point. But Blizzard has since created mythic raid mechanics that expect addons to do this; throwing out randomly placed buffs that need to be responded to within seconds. Difficulty is tuned to the point that some raids would be literally impossible without addons tossing markers or alerting players.

Addons give you information the game WANTS you to have. They bridge the gap between actually being there able to clearly see the eyes of the demon flick to where he is about to aoe, and the 10 pixels expressing that on the game screen. In no way shape or form are they cheating or playing the game for you. They are a refinement of the interface that blizz has farmed out to amateurs for free.

It's definitely not the same as aimbot, if it wasn't for the 5,4,3,2,1, and the annoying standing in fire noises most people would still die.
    The audio queues make it relatively easy to avoid most mechanics, not cheating but a great handicap for people who like to tunnel vision(most of my guilds dps).

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I think he's specifically talking about the ra-den weak aura. On mythic, there's an extra orb, meaning you have to deal with two "unstable" mechanics at once. On heroic, you can just set 6 players in an order for Vita in case one of your 5 is targeted by it, but in mythic the extra variable of two people potentially being targeted can really screw with your order. The weakaura detects who has vita or the new debuff, nightmare, and alters assignments accordingly.
    I see. I really wonder how it does that and communicates it over raid. Well thank you. I will keep using it just for procs and buffs as the most basic usage I think. It is too complicated for my AOTC only brain.

I am sorry but did someone claim you can "follow" perfect rotation on an "addon" and execute it without mechanizing it (aka an automation tool)?

And even automation, illegal though it is, would fail if you are assigned to mechanics. Can an addon teach you to pick and choose things on fly?

I use addons and they tell what keys I can press in future but not when. Based on where I am in fight, I can change what I press when. Which addon does this?

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    That WeakAura causef more issues than it solved. Yet people deemed it was required for the fight. It's ridiculous. You just have a set order of who does what with few reserves to jump in to account for the randomness. You have plenty of time to react and communicate.

I was 2nd to soak vita for example.. So that just means every single pull I go to said location regardless of who gets it. If I get i call for reserve to take my spot and then the rest is the same.

That fight pissed me off, not because of mechanics as it was straightforward but because you wasted so many pulls on getting the WeakAura to work and it bugged out in certain conditions.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

While obviously not *quite* an aimbot, DBM would be akin to:

Highlighting Enemies that you can see
    Highlighting Enemies that you can hear
    Display enemy health
    Displaying the current weapon equipped by the enemy
    Displaying which direction the enemy is currently aiming
    Displaying if an Enemy is Scoped or not
    Tracking an Enemies ammo
    Announcing when the enemy is reloading
    Announcing when the enemy switches weapons
    Announcing when the enemy is throwing a grenade/what type/where it's going to land

These things would make it insanely easier to play; All you have to do at that point is be able to aim and know tactics. The above is a *huge* portion of player skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.