Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    To me Old Enha is basically any Enha between Wotlk and MoP. I wasn't clear, but I think Old Enha generally means MSW Enha.
    yea although new MSW is rather bad at this point, abilities it power are really meh, only good thing is that it stack to 10

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Well I don't necessarily support the idea that there must be changes with a new xpac, that is, assuming a class/spec plays well. With the experience we have now, i wouldn't have minded if MoP enhancement had remained largely unchanged.

Being anti maelstrom (energy bar) i think the spec is good without it. I think it's player hyperbole that currently the spec has lots of downtime. It has sometimes but not as dramatic as it is made to be. I much rather have this cd l/ability prio whatever it's called than being a warrior/rogue.

And to sound like a broken record, i want lava Lash spreading FL. This reminds me that the other day i read someone asking blizzard to stop making Lava Lash builds a thing. I mean, because spamming stormstrike non stop is engaging gameplay, and having the possibility for build diversity is horrendous...

- - - Updated - - -

It got rid of maelstrom. Think that was the point
    Not sure what the expac thing refers to. If it's about the specs not feeling too different, it's mostly that I was expecting a bit more from the unpruning. The fact that classes didn't change that much and those who did don't seem to have that much work into them is also kinda strange to me. I wouldn't have mind MoP enh either. Or even WoD. I'm pretty sure both of of been easier to balance now with the auras they have. MoP would of needed more DMG overall and less DMG from fire ele for example. WoD enh could of been really fun if they would of tuned ability DMG up, CD speed increased a bit and MSW charges to 10. It played really well in challenge modes (you had the tier bonus that made MSW stack to 10 and the lower gear ilvl made it a bit less fast).

I don't mind the maelstrom bar TBH. I think too many associate the bar and how they implemented it. It's just a bar at the end of the day. With MSW stacking to 10 it could actually help to see if you're maxed out, the current thing we got was made for 5 charges only after all. WoTLK and MoP are really far into my souvenirs but I'm not sure enh had ever this much possible downtime. Maybe I'm just saying that because it's been a really fast spec since WoD tho.

Lava lash definitely need some shine to it. I understand they want to make SS a focus (and now with LB it's gonna help), but LL is so god damn boring right now :-/. Stormflurry probably ensured hot hands won't be too used.

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    yea although new MSW is rather bad at this point, abilities it power are really meh, only good thing is that it stack to 10
    Very true, but the core is there, they just need to tune it properly now, which is usually the worrying part >_<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalarm View Post
    Not sure what the expac thing refers to. If it's about the specs not feeling too different, it's mostly that I was expecting a bit more from the unpruning. The fact that classes didn't change that much and those who did don't seem to have that much work into them is also kinda strange to me. I wouldn't have mind MoP enh either. Or even WoD. I'm pretty sure both of of been easier to balance now with the auras they have. MoP would of needed more DMG overall and less DMG from fire ele for example. WoD enh could of been really fun if they would of tuned ability DMG up, CD speed increased a bit and MSW charges to 10. It played really well in challenge modes (you had the tier bonus that made MSW stack to 10 and the lower gear ilvl made it a bit less fast).

I don't mind the maelstrom bar TBH. I think too many associate the bar and how they implemented it. It's just a bar at the end of the day. With MSW stacking to 10 it could actually help to see if you're maxed out, the current thing we got was made for 5 charges only after all. WoTLK and MoP are really far into my souvenirs but I'm not sure enh had ever this much possible downtime. Maybe I'm just saying that because it's been a really fast spec since WoD tho.

Lava lash definitely need some shine to it. I understand they want to make SS a focus (and now with LB it's gonna help), but LL is so god damn boring right now :-/. Stormflurry probably ensured hot hands won't be too used.
    I get you, but maybe you are recalling the mid or end of expansion feeling? now we are really not geared, even with their auras in tests...
    And the gaps are actually so so bad, but when they happen, they do feel bad, but they will be less of a problem as we go on.

Off-hand still disappears even in the new build, they really need to fix that mog issue.
    Just look in PTR toray for that - MH is disappearing too. Big win for me, if you ask. Look totaly badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Just look in PTR toray for that - MH is disappearing too. Big win for me, if you ask. Look totaly badass.
    I'd rather have both not do that, but if one does it then I rather both do tbh, don't want to be asymmetrical. So this is a 'not bad' way to go, but honestly makes no sense to me regardless.

I'd rather have both not do that, but if one does it then I rather both do tbh, don't want to be asymmetrical. So this is a 'not bad' way to go, but honestly makes no sense to me regardless.
    Think of it like you are like Rand Al'Thor from WoT. You need weapon - element make you weapons. Every time you need it. And when you dont - it disappear.

aaah my fellow shamans. So used to being broken they are fantasizing bugs as features.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said in another thread I don't like the changes right now on the test realms. To me, they feel like a disorganized mess of a class compared to how they are now. I don't like the removal of the Maelstrom resource, I don't like the removal of the Frostbrand and Flametongue attacks. Overall they feel so much slower and weaker than they do currently in BfA.

I really hope they continue working on them because as of right now they completely ruined enhancement shamans for me. They don't feel that fun to play anymore. I just don't understand why they would go backwards so much with a class that was doing just fine.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    . I just don't understand why they would go backwards so much with a class that was doing just fine.
    You mean as they were doing in MoP?

You mean as they were doing in MoP?
    Well MOP was different. We had class buffs, utility healing in raids, even very high dps in TOT.

The rotation is kind of mixed between MOP and BFA/Legion. Lately they focussed so much on SS that we are very close to SS being the same amount of damage like in BFA.

I really find it sad that even now, Lava Lash seems to be lackluster. In Wordups Frost Witch Tests, LL was like 3.8% of his overall dps, while SS was about 40% with ES and 45% with Ascendance. That's kind of insane. Back in WOD and MOP, Lava Lash and SS contributed about the same dps with SS being more frequent and higher priority as MSW generator, LL being the hardhitter.
    Last edited by Aurosh; 2020-09-21 at 05:55 PM.

The spec seems to run out of mana in the prepatch on dummies. I dunno I guess I did something wrong.

The Windfury Totem is cool. I wonder if it works group or raid wide. And if it makes us worth bringing in certain m+ melee setups or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    The spec seems to run out of mana in the prepatch on dummies. I dunno I guess I did something wrong.

The Windfury Totem is cool. I wonder if it works group or raid wide. And if it makes us worth bringing in certain m+ melee setups or something.
    No you dont run oom from doing your rotation. Utulity though costs mana so healing, purging, windfury totem etc make you go oom. Your base rotation wont let you go oom though.

So, I was thinking, how could we make the spec feel a bit better, survive a bit more, and have something useful to offer to groups...

Imagine this instead of Crashing Storm and Stormkeeper:

Chained Lightning:
    Your Chain Lightning Damage is increased by 20% and it now jumps to a total of 5 Targets. Additionally, Your Chain Heal amount is increased by 20% and it now jumps to a total of 5 Targets.

Maelstrom Power:
    Your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Healing Surge, and Chain Heal can now use up to 10 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon stacks for increased effects. Additionally, Healing Stream Totem is now affected by Maelstrom Weapon granting increased healing.

Getting Nature’s Guardian baseline and in its place, we get Ancestral Guidance.

And in place of Earth Shield we get:
    Shielded Elements: Your Lightning Shield now also reduces damage taken by 10%.

And for fixing the last problem of Enhancement not having utility that actually matters one simple solution…
    Grounding Totem or even better, Skyfury Totem baseline.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, I was thinking, how could we make the spec feel a bit better, survive a bit more, and have something useful to offer to groups...

Imagine this instead of Crashing Storm and Stormkeeper:

Chained Lightning:
    Your Chain Lightning Damage is increased by 20% and it now jumps to a total of 5 Targets. Additionally, Your Chain Heal amount is increased by 20% and it now jumps to a total of 5 Targets. also not reduce dmg with each jump anymore

Maelstrom Power:
    Your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Healing Surge, and Chain Heal can now use up to 10 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon stacks for increased effects. Additionally, Healing Stream Totem is now affected by Maelstrom Weapon granting increased healing.

Getting Nature’s Guardian baseline and in its place, we get Ancestral Guidance.

And in place of Earth Shield we get:
    Shielded Elements: Your Lightning Shield now also reduces damage taken by 10%.

And for fixing the last problem of Enhancement not having utility that actually matters one simple solution…
    Grounding Totem or even better, Skyfury Totem baseline.
    added one extra on red
    feral lounge should be baseline
    like the idea with ancestral guidance although having rather mixed feelings about maelstrom power idea ;P
    looks solid tbh, would add some healing to wolfs to as atm they are rather usles
    Last edited by kosajk; 2020-09-28 at 11:06 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

So I was checking Memory of Lucid Dream on the PTR, it still said Maelstrom yesterday, I haven't checked after the patch, does it refund stacks? would it refund 2 or 3?
    If so, it might be a good one for us in the prepatch?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I was checking Memory of Lucid Dream on the PTR, it still said Maelstrom yesterday, I haven't checked after the patch, does it refund stacks? would it refund 2 or 3?
    Aren't those things meant to be disabled?

Logged onto the PTR to check and it's currently showing Mana as ENH, admittedly I only have rank 1 to look at though.

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't those things meant to be disabled?
    Nope, they still work just corruption won't. Once we enter The Shadowlands zones, they won't work any longer but if we pop back to Azeroth they function again.

On PTR it is reducing mana costs and you gain mana reg as major.

So it's a dead one for enhance.

Essences aren't disabled. They aren't working in the new Areas /Shadowlands though, so no basically once you start leveling, they are gone. For prepatch though they still work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if appropriate thread, but who cares.

Not that it matters now that we're at BFA's end, but I wonder if Enhancement's rework allows us to play around with different azerite traits. Was thinking of stacking 3 of the Lightning bolt = agility ones

Not sure if appropriate thread, but who cares.

Not that it matters now that we're at BFA's end, but I wonder if Enhancement's rework allows us to play around with different azerite traits. Was thinking of stacking 3 of the Lightning bolt = agility ones
    If you want to... main stats stays weak at this point so it is still bad.