Are Americans stupid?

That's the conclussion I get hearing Trump's words because a lot of nations leaders opted to not downplay the pandemic,opted to tell the population the severity of the situation and why harsh measures were necessary and I can't recall a Zombie invasion panic on those countries.

As much as I try I can't remember Germans going crazy after Merkel stated that with no vaccine 70% population would get infected nor I can't remember local militias being formed and taking the regional parliament in Lombardy after Conte stablished the region's lockdown in February.

This is pure unadultered bullshit: we have seen all around the world that nations whose leaders told the harsh truth are doing better than nations whose leaders opted to diminish the problem.

Like every-single-other-country America would not have gone crazy and panicked and in a situation where personal responsibility is the key to solve the problem stating that spreading false information was a positive behavior it's something .....I just can't find to words to describe.

The words of Donald Trump are a direct insult to the American population. It's stating that they are stupid, and gullible and childish and prone to irrational behavior and allthough some people think:"Well they are" I can assure you ( I have lived in 6 different EU countries) that the percentage is not bigger than other places,sadly stupid people is not an scarse resource....American retards just happend to show more on the media.
    Last edited by PrimiOne; 2020-09-10 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Are Americans stupid?

That's the conclussion I get hearing Trump's words because a lot of nations leaders opted to not downplay the pandemic,opted to tell the population the severity of the situation and why harsh measures were necessary and I can't recall a Zombie invasion panic on those countries.

As much as I try I can't remember Germans going crazy after Merkel stated that with no vaccine 70% population would get infected nor I can't remember local militias being formed and taking the regional parliament in Lombardy after Conte stablished the region's lockdown in February.

This is pure unadultered bullshit: we have seen all around the world that nations whose leaders told the harsh truth are doing better than nations whose leaders opted to diminish the problem.

Like every-single-other-country America would not have gone crazy and panicked and in a situation where personal responsibility is the key to solve the problem stating that spreading false information was a positive behavior it's something .....I just can't find to words to describe.

The words of Donald Trump are a direct insult to the American population. It's stating that they are stupid, and gullible and childish and prone to irrational behavior and allthough some people think:"Well they are" I can assure you ( I have lived in 6 different EU countries) that the percentage is not bigger than other places,sadly stupid people is not an scarse resource....American retards just happend to show more on the media.
    Short answer, yes. Long answer, absolutely. They have short term memories, or as long as they aren't being hurt by his policies, they don't care. Even though they absolutely are being hurt, they just don't care. They love the racism, they love the sexism, and don't care about the truth anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    They are still awaiting talking points. Should be out tomorrow or Friday. The recording part is going to be tough to beat. McEnema might have hinted at the line they will take, but not sure. Doesn't matter - won't (and wouldn't) change any minds at this point.
    I want to see how far they go with the Panic defense. Was Trump trying to say there would be mass hysteria as if a giant meteor was hitting us less than 12 hours?

No. We all know what his panic was about l. The stock market and keeping the economy going. He does not care about American lives just himself.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Are Americans stupid?
    Yes, but this isn't something exclusive to America. Just as a total side note, the Indian media has completely sidetracked COVID-19 coverage in order to obsess over the suicide/murder of an actor in Bollywood. So much so that they launched a pretty coordinated smear campaign against his ex-partner, who's now been arrested on marijuana possession. Meanwhile, India is averaging 75,000 cases a day that are barely being spoken about because the Government controls the news cycle. So, yeah. Perspective is a wonderful thing sometimes. GOP Americans are still dumb though.

So 200k+ potential charges of negligent homicide. Man, can you imagine if our justice system actually worked the way it’s supposed to?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh, and McEnemy has already denied the allegations despite the audio recordings and a book Trump literally signed off on.
    That's not Trump's voice! It was an actor that does impressions of Trump! It was a deep fake. The DEEPEST of FAKES! Trump would never use words.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That's not Trump's voice! It was an actor that does impressions of Trump! It was a deep fake. The DEEPEST of FAKES! Trump would never use words.
    It's hilarious they're claiming this, considering they doctored the audio on Biden's 'move it up' teleprompter video. His mouth is literally going in another direction, but yet they're insistent he said what he did. About a teleprompter. Not about a pandemic. About a teleprompter.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2020-09-10 at 10:33 AM.

Are Americans stupid?
    Have you seen any news from the US for the past 4 years?
    For ~30% of the population, minimum, the answer is a whole hardy yes.
    Yes they are stupid.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Saw Kennedy on CNN being interviewed earlier, standard bs "didn't hear it" so they played it directly for him, he said "actions speak louder then words" was thrown back "he was having rallies with thousands of people, 5000 dead in your state" he responds, "trumps been great!"

Wasn't even surprised anymore, fully expected this type of exchange now.

Louisiana Trump Sycophant Senator for our foreign friends who don't know who Kennedy is.
    I saw that interview too, it was so disgraceful on his part.

For the first couple years of the Trump presidency, I think most of the GOPers didn't really believe all the bullshit they said when defending his insane comments and actions, they only did it because they were afraid of consequences of not defending him. But at this point, I think they truly believe all the bullshit they are saying.

It's like how if you repeat a lie over and over again, eventually you start to believe it's true. These assholes have literally brainwashed themselves.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Have you seen any news from the US for the past 4 years?
    For ~30% of the population, minimum, the answer is a whole hardy yes.
    Yes they are stupid.
    Quoting you because you have been the last one (not gonna quote everyone) ,not a particular response to you but a general one.

Have you seen any news from the world lately?

I understand that the retard in the Maga hat making stupid statements to the point that you are amazed his brain works for walking and breathing at the same time has a bigger visibility and that's the main issue: visibility.

As a general statement (obviously people from these nations do) the thing that you don't see that often are the retards from Alternative for Deutchland or the retards from Golden Dawn. Everybody in the world knows what MAGA means but I don't think most people could talk about what the National Front in France says....nobody knows the law initiatives Vox present in the Spanish parliament ,I'm sure I would have problems to find someone on the street who knows Geert Wilder and don't get me started on Bolsonario or Duterte because I would not end.
    I mean...I'm the landlord of a UK citizen that is threatening to sue me because Brexit fucked up his retirement plans. Sue ME...what the fuck do I have to do with Brexit? How the fuck is that my fault or my problem?

So I'm trying to say that functional trisomy is not America's problem....it's the world's problem. There's a 20-30% of the population in developed countries who push for fear and hate and selfishness and claim their right to be horrible human beings (amazing enough sometimes against their own interest) so it's just that America's retards are more public because the world is flooded with America's culture.

And despite that ( "special" people everywhere) we have seen many nations that outright said :" Guys.....This is a really fucked up situation. Take it seriously or we are gonna have an strict diet of shit everyday" and people felt fear and stress and got worried but did not behave like an asteorid was gonna erase earth. People got told the truth and there was no panic that justified lying.

So my questions are two:

1. Do you really think people are more stupid in America than , random example, the EU?
    2. If 1) is true. Do you mean that Trump did the right thing? I mean those supporting the idea that America is the fool's land are falling in a contradiction. On one side yeah people are stupid so ..I understand that they can't be told the truth because they panic but on the other side Trump's behavior was horrible because he hide that very truth.

So what's it? Stupid that needs to be lied? Not stupid so don't lie to them? Stupid but leaders shouldn't lie to them anyway?.

No,let's be serious: the disgusting and patronizing idea that lying was for their own good is absurd and insulting. We have seen all over the world that no matter what percentage of your population is uneducated and uninformed you still can tell them the truth and there's no civilization crushing panic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you really think people are more stupid in America than , random example, the EU?
    Yes, until 1970s, the US south literally had text books, that thought a different version of history, than the rest of the world. We also do not have the access to higher education, so these misnomers being taught, never get highlighted or explained.

If you consider education as the necessity to prevent the stupid, than US is objectively behind a lot of the world.

Do you mean that Trump did the right thing? I mean those supporting the idea that America is the fool's land are falling in a contradiction. On one side yeah people are stupid so ..I understand that they can't be told the truth because they panic but on the other side Trump's behavior was horrible because he hide that very truth.
    It’s not that they can’t handle the truth, it’s that the truth doesn’t benefit Trump. In that sense, Trump did the right thing by choosing to target the correct demographic to lie to. Trump, much like Candice Owens, Dave Rubin and many other grifters... they try the left, because left are bleeding hearts... fail and switch to the right, finding success in fearmongering.

So what's it? Stupid that needs to be lied? Not stupid so don't lie to them? Stupid but leaders shouldn't lie to them anyway?.
    You are confusing lying to suppress panic, with Trump claiming that the streets are burning with radical leftists and their COVID hoax... and he doesn’t mean the wild fires... You can’t quench panic of corona, by introducing panic over a political party trying to destroy the country.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

-snip-
    The entire 'I'm keeping calm for the good of the nation' schtick is a complete lie, and they know it. It's why they can't stick to that rhetoric even.

They're hovering between, 'but Fauci said it's all okay!' and 'but the Dems wouldn't have done better! Look at this Health Commissioner from New York!' and 'but Woodward withheld this information for 10 months so it's actually his fault'. Short version, they're scum and always will be.

It's not about the greater good of the people. It's about power. That's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    The entire 'I'm keeping calm for the good of the nation' schtick is a complete lie, and they know it. It's why they can't stick to that rhetoric even.
    It doesn’t make sense, when we just had a week long RNC, scaring people with the destruction of the western world... while talking about corona in past tense. It doesn’t make sense that they want to cut the panic, when Trump is celebrating a 17 year old, shooting people to death... as a savior from the violent antifa burning down your house.

Edit: For fuck’s sake... We have Trump talking about antifa arsonist burning down your house, while WA and California are on fire... it’s very difficult to breath in Seattle, due to all the smoke from fires in WA and California... but, I should be scared of antifa?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-10 at 11:43 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It doesn’t make sense, when we just had a week long RNC, scaring people with the destruction of the western world... while talking about corona in past tense. It doesn’t make sense that they want to cut the panic, when Trump is celebrating a 17 year old, shooting people to death... as a savior from the violent antifa burning down your house.
    They know their base doesn't give a shit. if anything, it feeds off the hysteria. The excuses and propaganda isn't for them. It's to 'trigger the libs'.

Trump could literally throw a load of babies into a furnace tomorrow and they'll rationalise why he did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They know their base doesn't give a shit. if anything, it feeds off the hysteria. The excuses and propaganda isn't for them. It's to 'trigger the libs'.

Trump could literally throw a load of babies into a furnace tomorrow and they'll rationalise why he did it.
    That’s why I have a problem with someone who can’t believe that Trump can do it for personal gain. It’s not a coincidence, that hotel and golf club owning real estate mogul, will have an issue with shutting down hotels and golf courses, to save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s why I have a problem with someone who can’t believe that Trump can do it for personal gain. It’s not a coincidence, that hotel and golf club owning real estate mogul, will have an issue with shutting down hotels and golf courses, to save lives.
    That ship has sailed. And it's one place I think the Democrats massively failed during the impeachment process is by not going after emoluments clause violations or the obstruction of justice during the formation of the Mueller Report. If you're going to take him down, go all the way.

That ship has sailed. And it's one place I think the Democrats massively failed during the impeachment process is by not going after emoluments clause violations or the obstruction of justice during the formation of the Mueller Report. If you're going to take him down, go all the way.
    You do realize 1, Trump could be caught on video banging his daughter or murdering someone and the GOP controlled Senate would not have voted to remove nor would any GOP House member would have voted to impeach.

And 2, Trump has basically won the emoluments cases already heard.

Can we now bury the whole notion that Trump is some sort of political genius, just how much of an idiot that man is for giving 18 hours worth of interviews to the guy who took part in taking down Nixon. Donald Trump has the luck of devil it's the only way he has survived this long because the fact that he can walk and breathe at the same time is a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    You do realize 1, Trump could be caught on video banging his daughter or murdering someone and the GOP controlled Senate would not have voted to remove nor would any GOP House member would have voted to impeach.

And 2, Trump has basically won the emoluments cases already heard.
    True enough. But if you’re going to go after him, go after him with one everything for the optics.

True enough. But if you’re going to go after him, go after him with one everything for the optics.
    But for who? The GOP base don't care. The Dem base won't change because of. The independents already knew he was a PoS and him lying and stealing money hasn't really mattered to them. The only thing that seems to move the needle on Trump is people needlessly dying, and the economy tanking. None of that has or was relevant to anything impeachment wise.

Yes it would be great if they were all attackdog and barked loudly about everything. Unfortunately they do not do that.