Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Sure, but to have that connection you don't need to be fat, that's my point.
    Well, there are no small Thornspeakers, so you actually might have to be. And it's disingenuous to say it's about being fat when there are no half giants that aren't fat, it's straight up just a game restriction that there aren't multiple body types.

Sure, but to have that connection you don't need to be fat, that's my point.
    Yeah, I agree.

Unless...they're fat so they can do that druid sleep thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Ion may say one thing (I don't think he even said that) but the game says another. Ulfar makes it pretty clear that all the half giants are part Drust. There are no small Thornspeakers.

The fact that you can't be skinny Kul Tiran resto shaman is just an unfortunate gameplay restriction. However you can play a frost mage Human in full Tidesage gear (and Tidesages canonically are half mage and half shaman) or shadow priest if you want to be evil, so what exactly is the problem? I can understand really wanting to play Resto Human I guess, but...
    The problem is that they expressly exist in-game, and despite all the big talk about letting us play Kul Tirans as shammies or druids or whatever we are still restricted in a way the game clearly isnt.
    And sure, if you ignore shammies and assume that only the Kul Tirans we can play now can be thornspeakers there is still a host of racials and a unique transmog we cannot use unless we go for that specific version.

It would probably be less of a problem if the developers were not so stingy on using the Kul Tiran model more often, but here we are, with most of the recognizable Kul Tirans using the regular human version.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

IF we're given a Light/Shadow Expansion, here would be my 2 cents.

9.0: Scarlet Crusade dungeons, Void Dungeons, and a Dark Alliance Raid with Yrel and Lothraxion.

9.1: A mini raid at the Seat of the Pantheon, where we get to fight Sargeras, resulting in us defeating him, and him taking out his sword from Azeroth. Eonar then proceeds to heal Silithus. We then get a massive Infinite Dragonflight raid where they try to take over the Dragon Isles.

9.2: Space shit, Space Pirates, we meet Elune for the first time, we meet the First Ones for the first time, we slay some Old Gods in a raid, etc.

9.3: We go to Ka'resh, we get empowered or whatever with Azeroth's titan herself, we get a new Dungeon, and the final raid of the Expansion (AKA the final battle against the Void Lords)

Well, there are no small Thornspeakers, so you actually might have to be. And it's disingenuous to say it's about being fat when there are no half giants that aren't fat, it's straight up just a game restriction that there aren't multiple body types.
    Ok, then don't give normal humans the druid option, I don't care. I just want the Kul Tiran heritage armor on my normal-looking human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That argument is especially aggravating because even if you assume that only the large Kul Tirans can become druids there is still the shaman tidesages that are still unavailable if you want to look like, say, all the other tidesages you normally interract with.
    Even better let someone have a Gilnean Human voice with regular human look. I'm down with Varodoc's idea to. DO IT BLIZZ
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The problem is that they expressly exist in-game, and despite all the big talk about letting us play Kul Tirans as shammies or druids or whatever we are still restricted in a way the game clearly isnt.
    And sure, if you ignore shammies and assume that only the Kul Tirans we can play now can be thornspeakers there is still a host of racials and a unique transmog we cannot use unless we go for that specific version.

It would probably be less of a problem if the developers were not so stingy on using the Kul Tiran model more often, but here we are, with most of the recognizable Kul Tirans using the regular human version.
    Actually I'm pretty sure all of Kul Tiras' main cast are normal humans, with Cyrus and Ashvane as the only exceptions (Ulfar is a drust):

- Jaina
    - Katherine
    - Tandred
    - Derek
    - Daelin
    - Taelia
    - Flynn
    - Brother Pyke
    - Lady Waycrest and her family
    - Lord Stormsong and his family

All these people are not fat at all. I think it says a lot about the playable allied race, when its main characters don't even have that model.

Kul Tirans in general are such a weird allied race, they didn't even have mage initially, when their leader is literally one of the most powerful mages on the planet.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-09-10 at 04:04 PM.

Probably will be the thing in the middle that ends up being the final antagonists.

- - - Updated - - -

At the very least it hints that stuff is going to change regarding the leaders and their cities.
    I still think the Void Lords are the main bad guys outside of Death. And if they continue the story past the Void, then high chance we'll see more of the First Ones.

Kul Tirans only got the big model because if they were just normal humans with pirate tattoos they'd be ridiculed compared to the Zandalari. I can see them opening up the regular model later but it's clear they explicitly didn't want to make them just regular humans with more classes, hence why they weren't originally planned to be playable.

Can you imagine if it really was just Zandalari/Vulpera and Dark Iron/Mechagnomes like what looks to be the original plan?

Kul Tirans in general are such a weird allied race, they didn't even have mage initially, when their leader is literally one of the most powerful mages on the planet.
    It is very odd how Blizzard seemed so incredibly stingy about the new model when it came to their own characters, but really adamant that we only get to play them at the same time.

Though to be fair I could live without Kul Tiran mages, I was willing to accept that Jaina was some weird tidesage equivalent seeing as she just uses Frost spells.

Though then again, pretty much everyone can be mages unless they have a society strictly against it, and I doubt Kul Tiras is the kind of country that would.

- - - Updated - - -

Kul Tirans only got the big model because if they were just normal humans with pirate tattoos they'd be ridiculed compared to the Zandalari. I can see them opening up the regular model later but it's clear they explicitly didn't want to make them just regular humans with more classes, hence why they weren't originally planned to be playable.
    The easy option would just have been to give Kul Tiran humans the option to look either like they do now or like a regular human, sure it would probably mean far less of the bulky version and far more humans overall, but it would at least then feel more consistent and not like we are held under somewhat unreasonable restrictions for no reason.

I can see why originally they wanted Kul Tirans to look unique, and I appreciate how their model is very complex compared to the other allied races. However now that we have Kul Tiran hairstyles and beards on normal humans, I don't think there's any reason not to have normal Kul Tiran humans. It shouldn't even be that hard to change the Kul Tiran armor so that it works on normal humans too.

and not like we are held under somewhat unreasonable restrictions for no reason.
    Considering there would be no reason to play regular humans unless you liked paladin or the racials (or hated british voices) it makes sense, although it's not a good enough reason.

- - - Updated - - -

I can see why originally they wanted Kul Tirans to look unique, and I appreciate how their model is very complex compared to the other allied races. However now that we have Kul Tiran hairstyles and beards on normal humans, I don't think there's any reason not to have normal Kul Tiran humans. It shouldn't even be that hard to change the Kul Tiran armor so that it works on normal humans too.
    The beard thing does kind of hint that they'll open up the model swap.

I love how kul tiran looks, already have 3 toons of them, the only think i dont like is that they didnt get tattoos options, like even some npcs have them..

By the way kul tiran heritage armor set is currently kinda broken, because belt dont have any textures or 3d pieces like on retail, i reported it but i fear that they wont fix it whole expansion and its my favorite heritage armor set. :/

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I love how kul tiran looks, already have 3 toons of them, the only think i dont like is that they didnt get tattoos options, like even some npcs have them..

By the way kul tiran heritage armor set is currently kinda broken, because belt dont have any textures or 3d pieces like on retail, i reported it but i fear that they wont fix it whole expansion. :/
    I like Kul Tirans fine, though I feel the gear is what really lets them down. The Kul Tiran beefdaddies especially do look like proper strongmen champions, it is just that strongmen don't usually wear form-fitting latex.
    When you use the heritage armor that looks more loose fitting they look great, as you are not constantly reminded of the very pronounced beer belly.

I like Kul Tirans fine, though I feel the gear is what really lets them down. The Kul Tiran beefdaddies especially do look like proper strongmen champions, it is just that strongmen don't usually wear form-fitting latex.
    When you use the heritage armor that looks more loose fitting they look great, as you are not constantly reminded of the very pronounced beer belly.
    I like them in Plate armors and their heritage armor.

In some plate armor sets they look like absolute units.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone wants to sound like a Kultirian on a normal human, I say fucking let them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Are we ready for ardenweald cinematic friends

This, right here.

The models themselves aren't that bad, albeit some faces/skin-tones on the females look oddly plastic, it's the weird elastic quality on the gear. If you put, for example, the Necrolord plate on a beefy male Kul'Tiran, it looks great, because it has 3D pieces that cover the textures pasted onto the models, specifically on the chest. For pieces that don't, you get this weird, stretchy, generation loss JPEG looking mess.

The heritage armor works BECAUSE of the bulk of 3D pieces that help offset these issues.

This is part of the issue with different body types in a limited engine like WoW's. It already happens in other situations, like hunched orcs, or helms on male worgen or tauren.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's up

If any of you were lucky enough to unlock the Elite Dread Gladiator Ensemble for plate in S1 of BfA, I advise you to deck out your Kul Tiran Warrior in the entire set, but replace the shoulders with the non-elite variant and skip the cloak. You look like a goddamn chad of a soldier, and literally hold your two-handed weapon in one hand in the «ready to fight» stance.

It’s to this day my favourite race/mog combo for alliance warriors, and you should also definitely use the Vicious War Riverbeast to add size to more size :P