Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wont lie, the visuals are stunning but Damn did I hate this one, perma killing Ursoc, just doesnt sit right for me, I kinda hated this one ALOT just for that Ursoc is denied a rebirth something all old gods got, just seems like a slap in his face, I deserved it so much Kinda wish it was a different character and not him. Guess when I level alts, im skipping this place

At least this one shows the ways of Ardenweald, like the Bastion one. Afterlives: Maldraxxus might as well have been titled Afterlives: Draka since it taught us nothing about Maldraxxus at all, it was all about Draka and how "cool" she is.

15+ Year Old Account
    PepeHands

The music in this one was outstanding. A almost makes me want to join the fae.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay this is the best one yet even though it explained nothing, it at least didn't attack pre-established lore and gave us idea of how they use souls. Though what I did get from it is time makes no sense in the Shadowlands and that the Night Fae are as equally malicious as the other Covenants and will rob someone of their afterlife for their own benefit. More and more I ask why are we helping these groups.

That one was good. Arguably as good as Bastion. I'm hoping the Drakka one was the outlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man loving the music for this expansion so far from what I've heard. Far far trumps Bfa's soundtrack on every level except for perhaps maybe 1 or 2 tracks.

Also this really sucks for burr druids considering Ursoc is their main patron for their bear forms.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Ursoc

Great cinematic.

But can someone explain to me, what happens to the souls that are harvested? It is so confusing.

I literally feel vibes from Pillars of Eternity 2, where we just want to break the cycle of rebirth, as human souls were used to power up gods like it power up shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    The Covenants are evil. The Pantheon of Death is evil.

The Shadowlands made Uther go mad with revenge.
    Made Draka forget her heritage and self.
    Denied Ursoc his rebirth.

Zovaal did nothing wrong. Sylvanas did nothing wrong.
    Draka remembers her life. Why you makin up random shit to fuel your sylvanas simp agenda? And it was Zovaal's actions that caused the drought that led to Ursoc's rebirth being denied. It was also his agent that killed Uther in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    At least this one shows the ways of Ardenweald, like the Bastion one. Afterlives: Maldraxxus might as well have been titled Afterlives: Draka since it taught us nothing about Maldraxxus at all, it was all about Draka and how "cool" she is.
    But the series is called "Afterlives"... not "Afterlife Zones"

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    What even happens to these withered souls. Do they die²?

iirc they get converted into anima and are gone for good

I feel like this was put in the pipeline anticipating something like the ripcord campaign, and came out at the absolute perfect time to accompany Ion's post yesterday. It's official: If you leave Ardenweald, you are a villain. The shadowlands do not take oaths lightly in the time of the drought!

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    But the series is called "Afterlives"... not "Afterlife Zones"
    Each part of the series is called Afterlives: "Zone name" so I don't get your point. The series are there to introduce us to the zones, but the Maldraxxus one was all about Draka.

It was better than Maldraxxus, not as good as Bastion. Really liked the music in this one as druid'ish music is generally really good imo. Makes me excited to see Ardenweald despite that its my least hyped zone. Sad to see Ursoc go

10+ Year Old Account
    So if I'm understanding this correctly, all Wild Gods, when killed, become reborn in Ardenweald.

So then where do their spirits go if they aren't reborn? The Maw?

- Hero ! your people souls are battery for us ! Help us scavenge it so we can revive some bears or make a house with it ! I'll give you 10gold.
    - K.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-09-10 at 05:54 PM.

Surprisingly moving.

This one was much better than Maldraxxus and almost as good as Bastion.

I don't know this sylvar, at all. But in 6 minutes, this cinematic was able to make me understand and care about his character and understand the story and plight of Ardenweald as a whole, something that Maldraxxus failed to do, and that Bastion did in much the same way, if not just slightly better than this one.

The Winter Queen is a very cool character, too, and I'm eager to see what the story does with her.

Holy fucking shit that was depressing af