Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Props

This was even before Blizzcon. I hadn't even thought of Nathrezim and Death going hand in hand until I saw the Venthyr for the first time.
    Last edited by Nize; 2020-09-11 at 12:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

All the cookies belong to you man, WOW

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317947/...nces-nathrezim

"The location of Enemy Infiltration - Preface has been discovered, and the name hints at the presence of the Nathrezim.

Enemy Infiltration - Preface is contained in Lost Journal, an object located in Spire of the Unseen Guests in Revendreth. There's already some speculation connecting Sire Denathrius to the Nathrezim, and the location offers another clue.

In the Ashbringer comics, the Dreadlord Balnazzar slew Saidan Dathrohan, using his remains to impersonate him to run the Scarlet Crusade. Before Dathrohan dies, they have the following exchange:

Balnazzar: My kind are called Nathrezim. Dreadlords, in your tongue. Perhaps Thal'kituun would be more fitting. It means Unseen Guest in our language.
    Dathrohan: Who--? You...are Legion.
    Balnazzar: Fitting because I have existed here, between the world of the living and the dead, awaiting a moment such as this, under the very noses of the Scourge, without their slightest suspicion.

In this brief exchange, we see that the Nathrezim appear to have their own goals beyond the Burning Legion, acting in cunning ways that avoid notice. But the most noteworthy part is the mention of the Unseen Guest--the name they call themselves which is also the location for Enemy Infiltration - Preface."

The most intriguing part is finding out who left a book with this much information on the floor. Imagine if it was planted deliberately.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I distaste the theory that Denathrius created Nathrezim.

First, because we knew Dreadlords dozen times longer than Denathrius. Dreadlords have way more interesting and diverse story than him. Its the same as if it was revealed that Titans are just bitches created by "more powerfull NPC" who just appeared in the story five minutes ago. This sucks and undermine the foundation of Titans, devaluing our perception of them built up for decades.

Second, everyone in Shadowlands feels and looks like some filler OC. Venthyr looks like shit in comparison to Nathrezim. Daenathrius himself looks like shit in comparison to Nathrezim. To think that Denathrius, basically "Literally Who" firtst hand created something as beautiful and cool as Nathrezim damages the coolness of the whole world building.

Third, Denathrius already serves the purpose to be a loot table for raiders. He already lost his hype the moment we found out he would be some NPC to kill in first raid.

Fourth, Dreadlords original origin place - planet Nathreza - is a canon. From the perspective of writers to retcon it by making Nathrezims some dumbos created by filler NPC loot table is an extremely amateur and unprofessional move.

Fifth, it makes no sense to make Nathrezim the creatures of Denathrius. It changes nothing yet retcon multiple plot lines. Its shitty writing.

To me the most adequate idea would making Denathrius the former nathrezim who died and got into Shadowlands. There he used all his skills to take over Revendreth. And thats it.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-09-13 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Is this the first time the Void Lords are mentioned in the actual game? All their other mentions come from Chronicles. Once again 10.0 is shaping up to be a Void expansion.
    I might be wrong but I thought that Elite void rare in SMV in WoD mentioned them.

The Spy in the " Living Realm " is not someone we know, or not someone recent.

The books mentions event that are yet to occur, so the treason of Sargeras, the creation of the burning legion or so on.

This means, that " spy " was present before the burning legion existed, and that spy might not even be from Azeroth, or a very young version of Ordered Azeroth. We don't know who it can be.

As for " the Adherents to Life " mentionned in the journal, we have yet to see a proper force of Life ( outside of the sporemounds ) and their realm, unless the emerald dream is a very figment, pocket dimension of the Life Realm.

I can see the spy manipulating yogg saron and such to plant a seed into the emerald dream somehow in the far future. Yogg Saron idea to corrupt the dream might have been the Dreadlord's idea in the end.
    Last edited by Engal; 2020-09-13 at 11:42 AM.

That Wowhead post reminded me of back over a decade ago when I read the War of the Ancients trilogy, and in that very book it said the first instance of necromancy performed was by the Dreadlords. Pretty cool.

Also, back in Warcraft 3 they called them the Lich King's jailers. Kinda fitting, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The most intriguing part is finding out who left a book with this much information on the floor. Imagine if it was planted deliberately.

The same way a treasure chest is just lying around, out there in the open world.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I distaste the theory that Denathrius created Nathrezim.

First, because we knew Dreadlords dozen times longer than Denathrius. Dreadlords have way more interesting and diverse story than him. Its the same as if it was revealed that Titans are just bitches created by "more powerfull NPC" who just appeared in the story five minutes ago. This sucks and undermine the foundation of Titans, devaluing our perception of them built up for decades.

Second, everyone in Shadowlands feels and looks like some filler OC. Venthyr looks like shit in comparison to Nathrezim. Daenathrius himself looks like shit in comparison to Nathrezim. To think that Denathrius, basically "Literally Who" firtst hand created something as beautiful and cool as Nathrezim damages the coolness of the whole world building.

Third, Denathrius already serves the purpose to be a loot table for raiders. He already lost his hype the moment we found out he would be some NPC to kill in first raid.

Fourth, Dreadlords original origin place - planet Nathreza - is a canon. From the perspective of writers to retcon it by making Nathrezims some dumbos created by filler NPC loot table is an extremely amateur and unprofessional move.

Fifth, it makes no sense to make Nathrezim the creatures of Denathrius. It changes nothing yet retcon multiple plot lines. Its shitty writing.

To me the most adequate idea would making Denathrius the former nathrezim who died and got into Shadowlands. There he used all his skills to take over Revendreth. And thats it.
    Well, to be accurate, he didn't really create them. He's just responsible for their creation. He created the Venthyr in his own image but, the Nathrezim were created after he, allegedly, sent his Venthyr to drink demon juice.

The problem with your suggestion is that Nathrezim do not go to the Shadowlands when they die. They go to the Twisting Nether (or Argus).

Your suggestion, however, has some possibility, as Denathrius was said to be "The Lord of Dread". But, i think that the word Dreadlord was more likely named after him, and not the other way around.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-09-13 at 01:47 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with your suggestion is that Nathrezim do not go to the Shadowlands when they die. They go to the Twisting Nether (or Argus).
    It might be the effect of them becoming demons who served Sargeras (while Denatrhius has died before that).

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    It might be the effect of them becoming demons who served Sargeras (while Denatrhius has died before that).
    Huh? That would mean that Denathrius was never a Dreadlord. And you wanted him to be a former Nathrezim.

Or, do you mean that a Nathrezim would be the name of a race before demon corruption, like an Eredar for example, and that the fel energies simply added demonic features to them but didn't change their name?
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-09-13 at 03:29 PM.