Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I swore an oath.
    Breaks oath.
    Swears a new oath to fix actions of breaking original oath.

Yeah, this makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Once again...this story makes no sense, we killed Ursoc in Legion, which is far after WotLK, why did Ursoc go to Aldenweld and not the maw? It is Blizzards own story telling that says all souls were going straight to the maw instead of the other realms after Arthas's defeat.
    Um no.... Souls started going to the maw AFTER most if not all of legion. We know Wrynn didnt go to the maw, or Ysera ect. The only major event that happened after ysera dying was us killing the titan of Death and him plunging his sword into Azeroth. The death of the Titan of Death seems like enough to fubar the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    "It must be done. Reclaim everything from this grove. Everything."
    "The Queen has called the Wild Hunt." "We have culled your grove so that others might live." "Will you sacrifice one soul for the forest entire?"
    They literally have no qualms about culling the grove and destroying the souls therein. The fact they gave the Caretaker a choice for the last one is admirable but they heavily imply that he would be in the wrong for allowing it to survive instead of destroying it for their sake. That is literally malicious.

The groves are already dying as shown moments before the culling. They're not fixing the problem, they're delaying it at the cost of lives they're 'saving'.
    This is most dangerous and foolish thinking. You would condemn all to die to satiate your inability to make hard decisions. There is such a thing as a lose/lose situation.
    Pray you never lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    I swore an oath.
    Breaks oath.
    Swears a new oath to fix actions of breaking original oath.

Yeah, this makes sense.
    Just shows how much control and how evil the winter queen is...and how cucked the rest of the population is.

Like...why didn't the winter queen just summon everyone and explain they no longer have the anima to care for everyone, so who's gonna volunteer to give up their grove?

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Why did Ursoc not end up going to the Maw like others? They made it seem like the Maw was taking everyone.

Nevermind he's been in the dream a while, i guess that's why.

Shouldn't Ysera be there too or did elune sell her to the Jailer?
    During ardenweald questing it is stated that Ysera was one of the last ones to arrive in ardenweald. You can infere from that that it stopped after her death and probably trickled out.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Once again...this story makes no sense, we killed Ursoc in Legion, which is far after WotLK, why did Ursoc go to Aldenweld and not the maw? It is Blizzards own story telling that says all souls were going straight to the maw instead of the other realms after Arthas's defeat.
    Possibly because Ursoc is a wild god and that’s why he was still sent to Ardenweald after his death. It’s obvious they aren’t getting new souls since the land is dying, so there might be exceptions. It’s kind of like how Bwonsamdi is using his power to save Trolls from being taken to The Maw.

Here is what i don't understand. Wasn't Ursoc's spirit chilling in the emerald dreamway, where you go after you kill Xavius? Does this mean Ursoc's soul was split in two like Uther's? Is he permanently dead now? What happened to the version of him in the emerald dream?

I think the writers are finally out of ideas. This whole expansion is nonsense.

Malice. Ill intent. Evil. Breaking oaths. Lol.

Ardenweald and Shadowlands needs Anima. It wasn't just to kill random numbers so themselves could survive. It wasn't for the "evil" Winter Queen to survive. But for the whole realm and most importantly for the flow of life and death to keep going. If Ursoc isn't sacrificed, then chances of everyones survival is getting less likely.

People taking stuff so literally lol. The video is about the greater good and doing the lesser evil(I guess I should be careful with those but most understand what that means).

Quote Originally Posted by Syfus View Post
    The death machine broke after ysera's dead
    well it still doesnt make sense. Ursoc died after Ysera.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Here is what i don't understand. Wasn't Ursoc's spirit chilling in the emerald dreamway, where you go after you kill Xavius? Does this mean Ursoc's soul was split in two like Uther's? Is he permanently dead now? What happened to the version of him in the emerald dream?

Don't think about it. Consume product, get excited for the new product. It's more important to change Stormwind's NPCs skin colour than to put any thought into the lore of the game.

They really shouldn't have led with the bastion one...
    This one is a bit better than Draka's, but it still feels oddly bad.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Okay this is the best one yet even though it explained nothing, it at least didn't attack pre-established lore and gave us idea of how they use souls. Though what I did get from it is time makes no sense in the Shadowlands and that the Night Fae are as equally malicious as the other Covenants and will rob someone of their afterlife for their own benefit. More and more I ask why are we helping these groups.
    exactly my idea

Say, didn't we just go through this exact same storyline in Legion? Namely with the Nightborn? Yunno, with their whole Grand Magistrix Elisande and taking all the mana to feed something that guarantees their safety, sending the needy to their doom?

Why are you taking such offense to silly little fanfic?

Sarcasm aside, I'm with you on this. The story is done for and has been since Legion. Anything afterwards has been Danuser's fucking weird fever dreams. And not even the good kind.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2020-09-11 at 06:06 AM.

The fact they gave the Caretaker a choice for the last one is admirable but they heavily imply that he would be in the wrong for allowing it to survive instead of destroying it for their sake. That is literally malicious.
    I would agree with you on that only if Winter Queen herself, a ruler of the whole realm, did not just aknowledge that Ara'lon cause is equally just. If Ara'lon wanted, they would abandon his grove and let him take care of Ursoc's lifeseed... but to what end? How could he keep it alive while the whole grove was dying?

I think we still miss some information from the whole picture. Winter Queen's power and her life is tied to Ardenweald, so harming it is not of her interest. I think if there would be a way to deal with the drought, she would go for it. Culling the groves that are most affected, harvesting their anima before it just fade away without any meaningful purpose is not malicious. You can pretty much see in the short they do not enjoy it. They have valid reason to do so. At the end, Winter Queen looked very troubled, almost shedding a tear.

Also how I understand how Ardenweald works, they are feeding anima from less powerful being to those more powerful in order to reincarnate them. You know, nature is not about tranquility and peace. The most important law of nature is "survival of fittest", which means two major things: adapt to survive, or kill to survive. From my understanding, Wild Hunt is doing exactly that.

So they now killed Ursoc for good? He doesn't even exist anymore?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    They really shouldn't have led with the bastion one...
    This one is a bit better than Draka's, but it still feels oddly bad.
    This one was way better than Uther's. Uther was cringe and they retconned his death. "But he was my student" Jesus Christ get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Man, this analogy got fucking tortured. Must be in the Maw.
    Ahaha this made me lol

Cried bad.

Notice the reactions are quite polar, some found it boring others cried. Wonder what element of the plot failed to touch some, was it not knowing who Ursoc is, or his tragedy?

The fawn said "dream my friend". His soul is dreaming and thus present in the Emerald Dream. Like the Druids on Azeroth dreaming and roaming the Emerald Dream, guarding it and stuff.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2020-09-11 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    The fawn said "dream my friend". His soul is dreaming and thus present in the Emerald Dream. Like the Druids on Azeroth dreaming and roaming the Emerald Dream, guarding it and stuff.
    Except Azerothian druids aren't DEAD. Can a dead person "dream"? How does this work now? Please continue to make up lore to fix Blizzard shit writing.
    People don't cry for Ursoc, because he's a shallow character in a badly written world. I mean I tear up sometimes while reading/watching a good story, but WoW? Come on now.
    Last edited by Cavox; 2020-09-11 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursoc18 View Post
    So they now killed Ursoc for good? He doesn't even exist anymore?
    By introducing an afterlife, you now have the unknown of when is something the final afterlife?
    Is it linear? - Azeroth then Shadowlands then nothing?
    Is it circular? Azeroth then Shadowlands then back to Azeroth?
    Is it endless? - Azeroth then Shadowlands then <x> then <y> then <z>?

Historically we have always had an afterlife, with the existence of astral/ghost beings interacting with us on Azeroth. However, whats unclear from the writing is if you can exist in multiple planes of existence at once?

The Uther split-soul question indicates you can, as he was trapped within the blade while also being in Shadowlands. We don't understand why he also appears as a spirit during the quest chains within WoW.

It's messy and there are a lot of questions now raised by it. Ultimately idgaf because I enjoy the game on its own, but in enjoying lore its a bit lacking in story. Originally Sylvannas's actions were bizzare but now we know she was encouraging deaths to feed them into the Maw & for the Jailers needs.