Can we have a sub-forum for the races?

Or at least the major races people talk the most about which are

Blood elves, Void elves, High elves
    Night elves and Nightborne
    Undead and Forsaken
    Humans
    Orcs
    Trolls?

It will help with the many threads that keep popping up, because megathreads aren't good means to focus on a particular question or aspect you might want to discuss, but more like a continuous conversation that morphs. I think a sub-forum would be much better.

I also recommend it be in the lore section, because unlike classes, races don't really have much gameplay features.. racials are very very basic, compared to say covenants.

I'd would NOT suggest considering covenants have a sub forum that can later be folded into the main forum once the expansion ends because they are so tied to class mechanics, it might not be necessary as the issues would be discussed there

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't know that there are enough of these types of threads in general to qualify for the creation of a new subforum - perhaps a megathread. I can forward this idea on to site administration for consideration, though.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Make the subforum only for humans and elves, maybe Forsaken/Sylvanas.

Don't make subforums for gnomes, pandas, draenei, tauren, trolls, goblin, etc. they would just be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Make the subforum only for humans and elves, maybe Forsaken/Sylvanas.

Don't make subforums for gnomes, pandas, draenei, tauren, trolls, goblin, etc. they would just be dead.
    Yeah agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't know that there are enough of these types of threads in general to qualify for the creation of a new subforum - perhaps a megathread. I can forward this idea on to site administration for consideration, though.
    What Varadoc says. It's quite obvious most of the race based threads are elf based, and human/forsaken - the res of theother races and have the 3rd slot.

Admin would probably know the best config.. but I'm thinking either the 3 above, or at Least one for Elves, and one for others.

Or maybe it's just an elf sub-forum we need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I mean "All bullshit related to elves [Megathread]" is long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I mean "All bullshit related to elves [Megathread]" is long overdue.
    If elves generate a lot of traffic and discussion on these boards, you don't want to confine it to 1 megathread, while that would reduce volume it will reduce users unable to focus on specific topics of interest, often lost in the wider flow of the megathread... it's like saying the 9.0 discussion thread should be there and not the sub-forum.

It won't do, if you wanted to discuss a specific aspect , you'd get frustrated .

I recommend at least a "Race" forum be up, it may not need sub divisions per race, but perhaps it does warrant it. AT least elf haters won't constantly moan about elf discussions when they browse nd well, those interested i the topics can have a place.

Question is, does the volume warrant a sub-forum.

7+ Year Old Account
    you seriously want a sub forum for elves? lol i think you are being rly self-centered on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you seriously want a sub forum for elves? lol i think you are being rly self-centered on here.
    Pfft, says the man who's always moaning at very topic centred on elves. I'd think you'd be glad to have them all together on one sub-forum you can heartily ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Pfft, says the man who's always moaning at very topic centred on elves. I'd think you'd be glad to have them all together on one sub-forum you can heartily ignore.
    A thread is more than enough. it is after all mostly the same 20-30 people posting about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    poking on the threads to answer and say how they are useless is not rly moaning but all right, what flips your boat.

but one megathread is completely enough, it worked damn well for the crazy high elf people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    A thread is more than enough. it is after all mostly the same 20-30 people posting about it.
    20-30? i would say its just 6, 10 if you put all other elves

If elves generate a lot of traffic and discussion on these boards, you don't want to confine it to 1 megathread, while that would reduce volume it will reduce users unable to focus on specific topics of interest, often lost in the wider flow of the megathread... it's like saying the 9.0 discussion thread should be there and not the sub-forum.

It won't do, if you wanted to discuss a specific aspect , you'd get frustrated .

I recommend at least a "Race" forum be up, it may not need sub divisions per race, but perhaps it does warrant it. AT least elf haters won't constantly moan about elf discussions when they browse nd well, those interested i the topics can have a place.

Question is, does the volume warrant a sub-forum.
    I think it does warrant its own forum. That way I can block it without having to block any threads worth watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    No real point in this continuing as a topic as it's not really in anyone's direct purview here. The idea's been forwarded on for now, and if something comes of it we'll see in the future. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead