Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    A difference maker, perhaps; but she could prove herself in other, unrelated ways. As for being a pansy, well, that's not exactly uncommon either - so not itself a signifier either.
    Maybe but eating human meat would help calia moving away from being pure embodiment of white savior trope to forsaken. Other methods would probably push her even further into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it's always been said in lore that the forsaken don't need or want to eat... I seem to recall them not being able to taste food, and having no biological need to eat.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Pretty sure it's always been said in lore that the forsaken don't need or want to eat... I seem to recall them not being able to taste food, and having no biological need to eat.
    There are curses on undead beings, death knights need to inflict agony on others, some undead crave flesh, others blood, Banshees are in a constant state of torment etc.

since shes a lightbound undead, dont rly think that she has the need to eat like regular undead do

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt most Forsaken eat human flesh generally speaking to be honest.

Can't place a time we've seen an NPC Forsaken do it in game either so no, I don't think Calia is about to nom on some Anduin brains.

no forsaken cannibalize for need of eat. they are compelled by lk curse. then somehow its a necromantic way to restore their "health". that even how worked for the troll. somehow it improved their "natural" ability of regenerate

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post

Can't place a time we've seen an NPC Forsaken do it in game either so no, I don't think Calia is about to nom on some Anduin brains.
    there are foods with "special" ingredient from some forsaken seller, pretty sure that the cook master in uc should have one of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    There are curses on undead beings, death knights need to inflict agony on others, some undead crave flesh, others blood, Banshees are in a constant state of torment etc.
    I don't believe that's the case for Forsaken, the pilgram's bounty forsaken NPCs say they're just doing it out of habit, a Deathguard mentions that all food tastes like ashes to them.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I don't believe that's the case for Forsaken, the pilgram's bounty forsaken NPCs say they're just doing it out of habit, a Deathguard mentions that all food tastes like ashes to them.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Baron_Ashbury#Quotes
    And perhaps the best part, I now have a hungering for the flesh of other humanoids. Cannibalizing their rotten corpses grants me power. Yes, DE-LI-CIOUS...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I don't think that ability is canon. It NEVER gets mentioned anywhere. Otherwise it would be quite hard to cooperate with them in any way. Same with the trolls.
    In the books it’s mentioned that trolls were banned from eating people., “the shattering “
    This happened when Garrosh was still sane/cool and was able to bluff his way out of a fight with the alliance.

Would be cool with a little dialogue where Calia says something like "Well, I guess he died of natural causes..." and has some soup made from an old man.
    That would take big dead balls and swoon the forsaken

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    See, that guy knows whats good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    So with calia being pushed onto forsaken more and more, and her making claims how much she learned and how she understands forsaken more and more and how she is totally one of them i started wondering - what is her stance on traditional forsaken cuisine? How would she react if she was served fresh free-range paladin for dinner? Would she prefer them raw or cooked? Or would she go on the rant how she knows better and forsaken should abandon their culinary identity?
    sooner or later... ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, now try again without taking that quote out of context, it's sarcasm, said in the same lines of dialogue where he also claims he doesn't have a brain which is obviously untrue... It's a sarcastic 4th wall joke, he's taking the piss out of the forsaken racial abilities.

Being forsaken has its benefits. Let me see... I am able to practically live underwater. I can stay submerged 233% longer than any fleshy mortal. Yes, count it, 233%.
    Joking about Forsaken's increased underwater breath bar.

Oh, and now I am able to shrug off mind-controlling effects - BECAUSE I LACK A BRAIN!
    Joke about Will of the Forsaken

And perhaps the best part, I now have a hungering for the flesh of other humanoids. Cannibalizing their rotten corpses grants me power. Yes, DE-LI-CIOUS...
    Joke about cannibalize.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-09-11 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post

you know what EVERY forsaken player in game, has as race ability ?

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=20577/cannibalize

Especially have a look at the tooltip part, that starts with „Only works on ...“

The best thing: They can do it EVERY 2 minutes !!!
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-09-11 at 05:27 PM.

Ok, now try again without taking that quote out of context, it's sarcasm, said in the same lines of dialogue where he also claims he doesn't have a brain which is obviously untrue... It's a 4th wall meta joke, he's taking the piss out of the forsaken racial abilities.

Joking about Forsaken's increased underwater breath bar.

Joke about Will of the Forsaken

Joke about cannibalize.
    to our knowledge only abominations and other necromantic construct need brains

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    She's vegan.

What if she eats animals instead of people? Like how 'Vegetarian' vampires in Twilight (sorry) feed on animals such as deer?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

"No True Scotsman," but Forsaken style?
    Forsaken are the undead that were freed of the Lich King's control after he turned them into the undead. This is not the case for Calia. We don't even know what kind of undead she is. Her entire existence as an undead is a brainfart by Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursoc18 View Post
    Forsaken are the undead that were freed of the Lich King's control after he turned them into the undead. This is not the case for Calia. We don't even know what kind of undead she is. Her entire existence as an undead is a brainfart by Blizzard.
    Calia is only a "brainfart" by Blizzard to the extent that *everything* in WoW is equally a brainfart by Blizzard - it's all fiction, as it were. Is Calia being turned undead by a Naaru's intervention really any more fantastical or unbelievable than the idea that the ghost of an Orc inhabiting a suit of armor forged by demons could create and control a fungal plague that infects people and turns them into zombies enslaved to his will? It's all pretty fantastical when you get down to it, and thinking Calia is somehow beyond the pale is just drawing arbitrary lines in the sand.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Is Calia being turned undead by a Naaru's intervention really any more fantastical or unbelievable
    It's not about it being fantastical or unbelievable, it's about the idea of "lightforged" undead being retarded and being something they pulled out of their asses in order to get to a point where they could establish Calia as the new leader of the Forsaken.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Very funny guys, when was the last time they acknowledged that Forsaken eat flesh in canon?
    Didn't those Forsaken soldiers in Nazmir eat a sethrak? Or at least talk about it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann