Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is there even a point to the beta at this point? They're probably swamped with bug tickets and they're still making sweeping changes in the game, what is extra tickets in the queue gonna help them with from preventing this expansion from being a disaster (which is what i'm understanding it's gearing towards, i.e. a WOD/pandaria 2.0).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Is there even a point to the beta at this point? They're probably swamped with bug tickets and they're still making sweeping changes in the game, what is extra tickets in the queue gonna help them with from preventing this expansion from being a disaster (which is what i'm understanding it's gearing towards, i.e. a WOD/pandaria 2.0).
    They don't need "tickets", they harvest enough data they need as is. These tickets are only a small part of it.

For raid testing they need warm bodies, for M+ and PvP testing they need warm bodies and finally, very soon, they will do the usual massive beta wave to test launch. They do that one every beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    They don't need "tickets", they harvest enough data they need as is. These tickets are only a small part of it.

For raid testing they need warm bodies, for M+ and PvP testing they need warm bodies and finally, very soon, they will do the usual massive beta wave to test launch. They do that one every beta.
    Yeah for the last part I fucking hope they do? That's the least they could have learned from D3's launch (and BC's).

As for raid testing and PVP I imagine they have enough people already.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Any ideas roughly when that massive wave might happen? So sick of checking my launcher every day now lol

Quote Originally Posted by M4rtin View Post
    For anyone waiting on competition giveaways meant for wednesday/thursday, they're trying to get them activated today at some stage. but no promises apparantly so could be next week. Just in case you're still waiting around for it
    Thanks for the info. Btw, any reference or source for this one. Seeing many people reported this in twitter, forums and other places. Hoping the long waiting could come to an end this week.

Quote Originally Posted by M4rtin View Post
    For anyone waiting on competition giveaways meant for wednesday/thursday, they're trying to get them activated today at some stage. but no promises apparantly so could be next week. Just in case you're still waiting around for it
    Source?

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ashildr View Post
    Source?

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk
    They have now just went live, i got mine now from the competitions. check yours

been lurking here a bit, so felt oblidged to inform i just got Beta on the launcher, won the "key" from preach 2 days ago.

Nice one. Enjoy the beta and get rid of those bugs for us!

It's the first time in 10 years I didn't get a closed beta invite oO

I also got beta on my launcher just now from a giveaway. Was meant to be flagged on 9th but flagged now :3

Maybe since they're clearly behind on things (only just now setting the flags targeted for 9/9) we'll still see a random wave today too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Maybe since they're clearly behind on things (only just now setting the flags targeted for 9/9) we'll still see a random wave today too.
    Nah if they been flagged now I reckon that's it for this week. Never mind tho, not long to go now and we can do it all for real!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Yes. Generally, making sure the entire game works functionally before launch, on top of number balancing, ability tweaks, raid/pvp testing, and any other last minute stuff. Like, you know, adding in the other things that still need to be finished. For instance, the last build added sources to mounts.

The beta stays open until the expansion launches. That's how it works.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I now have beta access from the Twitter competition, downloading now!

At this time I just don't care anymore. Its 6 weeks and 4 days left. Not even 7 weeks until launch!!

That felt good to write!

Can confirm I got my beta access, thank you indie company
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Yeah my mate was in a comp for a key from a streamer couple of weeks back thats his account activated now, so no wave, just competition keys by sounds of things.

So I won a shadowlands beta competition tonight and sent my details over for it to be passed on to Blizzard. No idea when my account will be activated but cant believe I actually won finally! Better late than never!

If I get one I get one if not its alright I will experience the Expansion when it launches. There is little gain for me to try the beta out.