Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The afterlife in WoW very clearly and definitively sucks. I would want any part of that sort of afterlife. I think undeath sounds better.
    The concept of an afterlife feels flawed. Why should there be something after? Would it be bad if we just stopped existing? Nothing, blank, erased.

Do you remember the billions of years that passed before you were born? No? Well you won't remember or feel what comes after either.

Life being a finite concept is what makes it special.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-09-11 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    I really cannot feel any any less of a fuck anymore about anyone dying in Warcraft after how Shadowlands are being presented.

You literally go to heaven if you were good, hell if you were bad, or some sort of soul stasis shit (based on today's cinematic with Ursoc) where you can REALLY die from (OR FUCKING CAN YOU, IS THERE A SHADOWLANDS BEYOND THE SHADOWLANDS?).

But otherwise....you just live on another plane, doing the same shit you were doing in life: fighting, fucking, eating and ....dying...again....

Seriously all of Azeroth could die I couldn't care less, since everyone would just be doing the same thing in the "Afterlife", whatever that even means anymore.
    answering title: yep. obviously.

such a „great“ story only LIFE can tell

(no, i am not Adam Sandler, but this was a soo great chance for a soo bad joke)
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-09-11 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think of it kinda like in the movie Coco, but the concept of the body and the soul being two separate entities has been around for quite some time. When your physical body dies, you go to an afterlife. If your soul were to die though, it would likely be your "true death".
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really cannot feel any any less of a fuck anymore about anyone dying in Warcraft after how Shadowlands are being presented.

You literally go to heaven if you were good, hell if you were bad, or some sort of soul stasis shit (based on today's cinematic with Ursoc) where you can REALLY die from (OR FUCKING CAN YOU, IS THERE A SHADOWLANDS BEYOND THE SHADOWLANDS?).

But otherwise....you just live on another plane, doing the same shit you were doing in life: fighting, fucking, eating and ....dying...again....

Seriously all of Azeroth could die I couldn't care less, since everyone would just be doing the same thing in the "Afterlife", whatever that even means anymore.
    Funny, I kinda had the same reaction IRL to the various religions all over the world.
    They are more or less are "do some stuff, go to an eternity" based on good/bad/etc.

But, to be fair, when someone dies in WoW, they can't go back to Azeroth (unless you have a soul vessel and are needed for some plot).
    Like, Varian is gone and so is Vol'Jin and, hopefully, they will never take form again in Azeroth.
    For whatever reason, we are special and can dip our toes into the Shadowlands without "dying" and presumably come back in 10.0 and on to the next landscape, but by and large it's "you live on azeroth until you don't, then it's Shadowlands for you for forever".

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    This is untrue. You can die in the Shadowlands. If you do, your soul is obliterated and you can't come back. It's sort of a "true" death. Die on Azeroth, and you end up in the Shadowlands. Die in the Shadowlands, and you're just gone forever.
    I meant that, "true death" but still you can't call it death. Your entity vanishes. Like what happened to Ursocs soul or what ever it is. They consumed the force that was holding it together. Its hard to explain it in english...

Quote Originally Posted by Ursoc18 View Post
    I guess he still exists in different timelines.
    Bingo, you still have the bronze dragon flight and alternative time lines. Sometimes I feel that the alternative time stuff is just terrible for a fantasy game because there is just too many loopholes to have a coherent story.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    answering title: yep. obviously.

such a „great“ story only LIFE can tell

(no, i am not Adam Sandler, but this was a soo great chance for a soo bad joke)
    i didn't catch it, what's the reference from?

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Bingo, you still have the bronze dragon flight and alternative time lines. Sometimes I feel that the alternative time stuff is just terrible for a fantasy game because there is just too many loopholes to have a coherent story.
    WoW's alternative timelines are truly alternative.

They only exist until observed. Then they simply don't exist anymore.
    AU Draenor is gone since we used up the last anchor to it (that shard in the Mag'har recruitment).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That is why its called an afterlife. Not everyone goes to Ardenweld either so on and so forth. I don't know what you are even moaning about. Ursoc as far as everyone is concerned is gone because the realm was dying thus a sacrifice had to be made.

No, mysteries eventually get solved. Thats just how it is.
    When you die, be sure to come back and tell us then, yes?
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Why do you feel the need to point out the fucking obvious to me? Where do you think you are? "Worry"? Do you think this is something that doesn't let me sleep at night or what? I come here when I feel like talking about Sylvanas or WoW in general. This is a place where people express their opinions, I'm allowed to call Shadowlands a shitty take on afterlife, and consider afterlife a bad subject for an expansion too. I'm allowed to not like some parts of WoW. And it doesn't make my posts any less valid than yours.
    You are allowed to have an opinion, but complaints require validity. This thread is complaining about something that I don't think is valid. I stated why I don't think it's valid: Complaining with woefully incomplete information, and complaining about something that can just be drawn back another level to end up in the same place. Since the reason for the complaint is defeated, it ceases to be valid since complaints require reason.

What was that about trying to stop someone from having an opinion? Because this post sounds like you're attacking me for nothing but disagreeing with your opinion.

Or do you intend to respond to what I said like someone that actually wanted to have a discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    When you die, be sure to come back and tell us then, yes?
    It just gets replaced with a new mystery: What happens if I die here? That question is recursive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursoc18 View Post
    They literally just killed Ursoc's soul.
    What if his souls is reincarnated in "Beyond the Shadowlands" or something?

Your soul can also be used to resurect a dead night elve god.
    Enjoy. They are people we are going to help.

This mentality is why it's better for people in real life to not know if there's an afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That is why its called an afterlife. Not everyone goes to Ardenweld either so on and so forth. I don't know what you are even moaning about. Ursoc as far as everyone is concerned is gone because the realm was dying thus a sacrifice had to be made.

No, mysteries eventually get solved. Thats just how it is.
    Not all mysteries get solved nor should they. Tolkien was smart that for every answer he provided, a new mystery was posed, and some were left unanswered.

This is some Ricky Gervais, atheist shit up in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    You are allowed to have an opinion, but complaints require validity. This thread is complaining about something that I don't think is valid. I stated why I don't think it's valid: Complaining with woefully incomplete information, and complaining about something that can just be drawn back another level to end up in the same place. Since the reason for the complaint is defeated, it ceases to be valid since complaints require reason.

What was that about trying to stop someone from having an opinion? Because this post sounds like you're attacking me for nothing but disagreeing with your opinion.

Or do you intend to respond to what I said like someone that actually wanted to have a discussion.
    Didn't seem like you were trying to have a discussion, you just dismissed my every post and complained about people ITT before that. I don't even know what point you were trying to make with that "what happens when a soul dies in Shadowlands" thing, are you implying that that's the real afterlife of WoW? Why does it have to be something more than just me being unimpressed with how the afterlife is presented in WoW

Also personally, I think OP's sentiments are very valid. So it's a matter of perspective.

And also, I don't see how SL being based on irl ideas of the afterlife make complaints about it any less valid.
    Last edited by bagina; 2020-09-11 at 09:49 PM.

It's a bit like how the demons only die in the twisting nether i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    WoW's alternative timelines are truly alternative.

They only exist until observed. Then they simply don't exist anymore.
    AU Draenor is gone since we used up the last anchor to it (that shard in the Mag'har recruitment).
    Correct me if I'm wrong but they essentially were responsible for the Legion invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    What if his souls is reincarnated in "Beyond the Shadowlands" or something?
    I don't even know what that means.

Turns out, there aren't flying mounts irl too. Tough to imagine, but yes.