Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gift of N'zoth - Wasted Potential

It appears the gift of N'zoth that I've been wearing for 6 months will not amount to anything. I have heard it just goes away in prepatch (I hope this isn't the case.) To me this just wasted the future potential of N'zoth. By now we all know he died via re-origination. But what if his death was his back-up plan. What if he had used the gift as a way to do what he does best manipulate events from the shadows. This is how I wish it had gone down.

When the super light re-origination beam of doom kills N'zoths body those with the gift of N'zoth get a separate cut scene. In this cut scene N'zoth essence within you creeps out like the shadow tentacles during the Azshara cut scene. They coalesce into a shadowy image of you and thank you for your service before slowly drifting into nothing. N'zoth never relied on strength to control it was always manipulation. Just imagine a world were N'zoth was believed to be dead but in reality was free to do as he pleased.

6 months? That's cute.

Been wearing it for 18 months here xD And the transmog struggles are real because the only transmog that I like on my main is very dependant on the helm.......

OT: Indeed it's wasted potential. I hope that when the Void expansion comes, we get something for it - so I hold this tiny hope still and won't remove the gift myself. Prepatch maybe only removes the visual and the game remembers that you had it till the very end? Who knows....

This is something that really bothers me. N'zoth's whole shtick was that he was this schemer who has plotted his escape for tens of thousands of years and literally POINTED US to a giant cannon that he was entirely aware could kill kill him. I don't buy it, especially with the whole Il'gynoth/Xal'atath plot thread - despite what Watcher says, he's not a storyteller, and needs to keep his nose out of it. Honestly, some of the biggest changes that we've seen coming in SL seem to be a direct "shut the hell up Ion" from Blizzard, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get a direct contradiction to his statement that N'zoth is dead dead at some point down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by drukai View Post
    This is something that really bothers me. N'zoth's whole shtick was that he was this schemer who has plotted his escape for tens of thousands of years and literally POINTED US to a giant cannon that he was entirely aware could kill kill him. I don't buy it, especially with the whole Il'gynoth/Xal'atath plot thread - despite what Watcher says, he's not a storyteller, and needs to keep his nose out of it. Honestly, some of the biggest changes that we've seen coming in SL seem to be a direct "shut the hell up Ion" from Blizzard, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get a direct contradiction to his statement that N'zoth is dead dead at some point down the road.
    Nah, i'm pretty sure N'zoth is dead. Hate to break it to you, but blizz has never actually been a huge fan of the Old God characters. Sylvanas... Illidan... Anduin...Jaina... Those are really the only characters they care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the main reason that nothing came of it was because (and just look to the reaction to covenants for proof,) removing it was a choice that players "couldn't go back on."

So if there was ever some super secret mount or pet or title or toy or achievement that came with retaining it for any amount of time, the bitching from players who just followed quest markers and removed it would be monumental.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it actually being removed? That doesn't make too much sense as you need it to complete that one quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnok View Post
    It appears the gift of N'zoth that I've been wearing for 6 months will not amount to anything. I have heard it just goes away in prepatch (I hope this isn't the case.) To me this just wasted the future potential of N'zoth. By now we all know he died via re-origination. But what if his death was his back-up plan. What if he had used the gift as a way to do what he does best manipulate events from the shadows. This is how I wish it had gone down.

When the super light re-origination beam of doom kills N'zoths body those with the gift of N'zoth get a separate cut scene. In this cut scene N'zoth essence within you creeps out like the shadow tentacles during the Azshara cut scene. They coalesce into a shadowy image of you and thank you for your service before slowly drifting into nothing. N'zoth never relied on strength to control it was always manipulation. Just imagine a world were N'zoth was believed to be dead but in reality was free to do as he pleased.
    No, we don't know if anything will come of it, because when questioned about it, all Blizzard would say was, "Wait and see". So if there is anything planned for those that kept it, they are not going to spoil it, by releasing it on the PTR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    6 months? That's cute.

Been wearing it for 18 months here xD And the transmog struggles are real because the only transmog that I like on my main is very dependant on the helm.......

OT: Indeed it's wasted potential. I hope that when the Void expansion comes, we get something for it - so I hold this tiny hope still and won't remove the gift myself. Prepatch maybe only removes the visual and the game remembers that you had it till the very end? Who knows....
    The Struggle is real, I've had that thing on two raiding mages, both are Void Elves because of how often I transmog, I know the pain. I cannot wait for Shadowlands release so I can finally remove it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Nah, i'm pretty sure N'zoth is dead. Hate to break it to you, but blizz has never actually been a huge fan of the Old God characters. Sylvanas... Illidan... Anduin...Jaina... Those are really the only characters they care about.
    N'Zoth is the only old god we "killed" on their Turf. The argument has always been, for C'thun and Yogg-Saron, "we only fought them back into their own realm". Which, like the Legion gave the "Recycle Loophole". That is until we took the fight to them in the Twisted Nether. So I think it's safe to say "Yes, N'Zoth is dead.", but we can't be totally sure on the rest of the Old Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    N'Zoth is the only old god we "killed" on their Turf. The argument has always been, for C'thun and Yogg-Saron, "we only fought them back into their own realm". Which, like the Legion gave the "Recycle Loophole". That is until we took the fight to them in the Twisted Nether. So I think it's safe to say "Yes, N'Zoth is dead.", but we can't be totally sure on the rest of the Old Gods.
    I hate that argument because then the Titans couldn't have killed Y'saarj. No, when an old god dies, period, they enter a meta physical sub-plain, most like. C'thun after all was trying to get Cho'gall to resurrect him in a comic that is still cannon. Why would he need someone to do it for him, if he's not dead as can be considered as far as our plain is concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think the main reason that nothing came of it was because (and just look to the reaction to covenants for proof,) removing it was a choice that players "couldn't go back on."

So if there was ever some super secret mount or pet or title or toy or achievement that came with retaining it for any amount of time, the bitching from players who just followed quest markers and removed it would be monumental.
    There's the Servant of N'Zoth title.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    6 months? That's cute.

I commend your patience. I removed that crap the moment I realized that it goes over the transmog

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    If they cared about sylvanas they wouldn't have done BfA
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

7+ Year Old Account
    Was hoping we'd get an achievement that resulted in a mount, probably a lame mount, but a mount; something like kill 1000 players while a servant.
    (Or maybe they did and I missed it....)

I will never ever take off that eye myself.
    There is nothing like seeing another gifted person in a raid and greet each other with a hail hydra.
    I still have a minuscule hope that blizzard will offer at least a small quest for it.

Honestly I'm just glad the number of bug reports about it FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY caused Blizzard to fix the issue where "transmog cosmetics" (items/toys that alter your transmog but not your character model) being used on top of each other caused them to bug out and not revert properly so you'd be wearing half a pirate costume, or your forehead-eyeball would disappear, etc.

Glory to N'zoth!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I sill feel like this isn't the end of it. There's still xalatath roaming free and im a believer there's something going on with the the dagger wrathion used on nzoth. It is the black blade of the Empire after all. I can see it being how nzoth becomes truly free and him being re originated in nyalotha was a means to an end
    Last edited by Phaty; 2020-09-12 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drukai View Post
    Thats the point though, no one knew the Forge of Origination could be used that way until Mother looked into it. It was only supposed to Originate Azeroth. N'Zoths plan wasn't to fight us directly, but take control of the Forge and originate Azeroth into Ny'alotha.

They officially said N'Zoth was dead? Damn. I was kinda hoping that the entire raid was just a vision N'Zoth planted in our minds to make us think we won, knowing what Sylvanas was up to, and take over Azeroth while we are in the Shadowlands.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    They officially said N'Zoth was dead? Damn. I was kinda hoping that the entire raid was just a vision N'Zoth planted in our minds to make us think we won, knowing what Sylvanas was up to, and take over Azeroth while we are in the Shadowlands.
    That could still be a thing. They already said time is different when in the shadowlands. When we are done it might not be the azeroth we remember. We know cthun isn't dead, his influence still effected chogall in cataclysm. Yogg isn't dead either
    Last edited by Phaty; 2020-09-12 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaty View Post
    That could still be a thing. They already said time is different when in the shadowlands. When we are done it might not be the azeroth we remember. We know cthun isn't dead, his influence still effected chogall in cataclysm. Yogg isn't dead either
    Thats not what they meant by that. Time is relative to each individual in the shadowlands. Some who have been there for minutes of azeroth time, say they have been there for months and some who have been dead months, only minutes in the shadowlands. There are some npcs who talk about it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fear in the years to come, when it is apparent that N'Zoth is dead and the Old God story is done, Blizzard will finally feel comfortable speaking/touching on the topic of patch 8.3, N'Zoth and Ny'alotha.

And their answer will be: "Well... we did say he was the weakest of the Old Gods!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I fear in the years to come, when it is apparent that N'Zoth is dead and the Old God story is done, Blizzard will finally feel comfortable speaking/touching on the topic of patch 8.3, N'Zoth and Ny'alotha.

And their answer will be: "Well... we did say he was the weakest of the Old Gods!"
    Well, it's been obvious that the Old Gods are just stepping stones to the Void Lords ever since Chronicle. We'll probably see some new incarnations of the Old Gods when we venture into the Void itself some day, their "true forms" or some such.

Gift of N'zoth was a pure gameplay choice to give you an illusion of "choice". I fail to understand how any of us, Champions of Azeroth, would accept it. We've been through too much and we regularly spend time with powerful figures for that to work.

It's same thing as with the choice to support Sylvanas. It's for people who like this fake feeling of "hurr durr I'm a bad man now", but it would have never worked canonically.

That's why these choices don't matter in the end. Because storywise we, the champions, would never accept the gift and we would always see Sylvanas' true intentions.

Or you can just imagine that the ones who accepted the gift never entered Ny'alotha and the ones who supported Sylvanas will never enter the Shadowlands, making them not relevant to the story.