10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Maybe the Mechanicus will make him a servitor...
    Too dumb and useless even for that. Protein paste at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Protein paste at best.
    he'd poison everyone, far too toxic

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    sip
    I think the problem with the withdrawal is that we either need a local government capable of holding things together, even if only briefly, or the Taliban to mostly remain passive until the withdrawal is completed.

In the latter case it would mean everything, troops, assets, civilians, diplomats etc.

Because if there is no deal with the Taliban and the Afghan government doesn't have the means to not fall apart within a day, the withdrawal would make the Fall of Saigon+The Yugoslav Ethnic cleansing look like a walk in the park.

There's the question of what will happen with all the Afghan Army gear? All the stuff the US can't necessarily just load onto a jet a fly out, what happens to the civilians?

Not to mention the fucking horrible optics of US forces turning their backs as the Taliban would start revenge killing schoolgirls down the street.

There's also the question of how would Pakistan react to the ensuing chaos?

I think the main point of the negotiations is to delay the inevitable chaos as long as possible and to mitigate the fallout as much as possible.

Pretending the Taliban won't be the real rulers of Afghanistan sooner or later really gets us nowhere. By talking to them perhaps, just perhaps, some of the fallout can be reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Oh sorry, speaking of "delay the vaccine" we've seen one of the vaccine tests halted because an ugly side effect showed up.

The head of the NIH called this

"What's wrong with that?"

Nothing. But Trump can no longer accuse Democrats of delaying the vaccine, when he is delaying the vaccine. Just because it's the right thing to do doesn't make him any less of a hypocrite.
    Unfortunately Trump doesn't give a damn if the results doesn't fit his message.

Trump could slap a 'cHiNa Vaccine' label on a bottle of Bleach and will bitch about Democrats asking why the upside down peel off the real label says Bleach with warning on it saying "If you injest you will die".

(Oh wait)

It's all political with Trump, he doesn't care if it kills his base and only his base in the process. As long as something he endorses gets pushed out before the elections he will claim victory while bitching about how the evil Democrats are asking why only his base are dying to the vaccine.

Edit: What ever happened to the vaccine that Putin was pushed to phase 3 again because you know Trump was taking notes and eating them.
    Last edited by noidentity; 2020-09-12 at 03:22 AM.

I think if we survive trump, big IF
    we do need some serious regulations on companies llike facebook and misinformation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    I think if we survive trump, big IF
    we do need some serious regulations on companies llike facebook and misinformation
    Even if Trump loses, we're going to need much more than regulations on companies.

Misinformation and Trump-like demagogues are merely symptoms of the underlying rot in American society. Neither would exist if there wasn't a demand for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    SUPRISE BENGHAZI POST!

Isn't the US ready to hit 200,000 deaths in the next 2/3 days? >_>
    Charlie Kirk continues to prove why he's a douche canoe more and more every day.

And Worldometers has us at 197, 421 -- so yeah 2 or 3 days.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

SURPRISE BENGHAZI POST!

Isn't the US ready to hit 200,000 deaths in the next 2/3 days? >_>
    Well, "200k" is the first reply I see to that tweet. So there is some justice in the world, at least.

Since Trump was always more of a game show guy than anything else, think we can convince him to do something for ratings to commemorate the upcoming occasion? 200,000th person to die gets a free hat? Or maybe a T-shirt that says "When I said I'd rather die than vote for Hilary, I meant it."

Seriously speaking though... I'm actually curious. In American history, what is the highest amount of deaths that can be attributed to the actions/inactions of a single person? Does Trump have it beat yet?

Gotta keep trotting the old shit out when you have nothing else actually relevant.
    The republican party has not had any relevant policy since Nixon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    what is the highest amount of deaths that can be attributed to the actions/inactions of a single person?
    Jefferson Davis led the Confederacy to war against the rest of his fellow Americans, leading to the deaths of 600,000 Ameicans -- about 2% of the US population at the time.

The Trump Death Clock, found here, cites experts that say Trump is responsible for 60% of the deaths because of his failure to act in a timely fashion (he claims he did, but the timeline and the evidence say otherwise). At time of writing, the Trump Death Clock's toll is 115, 247, an effective tie in Amercan deaths with World War I.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Since Trump was always more of a game show guy than anything else, think we can convince him to do something for ratings to commemorate the upcoming occasion? 200,000th person to die gets a free hat? Or maybe a T-shirt that says "When I said I'd rather die than vote for Hilary, I meant it."

Seriously speaking though... I'm actually curious. In American history, what is the highest amount of deaths that can be attributed to the actions/inactions of a single person? Does Trump have it beat yet?
    Little ol’ me is trying to get “Trump lied, 200000 died” to catch on... It works a lot better when juxtaposed with Benghazi...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The Durham report is slated to be Barr's offering to Trump's October surprise, they pretty said they will issue a sham report to help Trump win back when the Ukraine scandal was in full swing.
    Yeah, he said as much in some interview. I'm pretty sure there's no one I hate more.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Gotta keep trotting the old shit out when you have nothing else actually relevant.
    They've been trying the crying about a teleprompter method, now Benghazi, soon emails, fist bumps = thug, etc. They will recycle their greatest hits because that is literally all they have to run with.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Going to enjoy the meltdowns from leftists when Trump wins again. Glorious. Unfourtunantly the meltdowns will come in the form of violence.. but that's pretty par the course right nown when it comes to these rabid marxist loons.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-12 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Going to enjoy the meltdowns from leftists when Trump wins again. Glorious. Unfourtunantly the meltdowns will come in the form of violence.. but that's pretty par the course right nown when it comes to these rabid marxist loons.
    It's an interesting position to take. In direct contradiction to all available facts, of course. But I suspect you're one of those people for whom feelings are much more important than facts. You feel like the left are responsible for the violence, so you'll ignore the fact that right wing murders out-weigh left wing murders by a significant margin.

You could easily google proof of this, but you won't. Because those facts would damage that comfortable little fact free safe space you've made for yourself, and you wouldn't be able to bear that.

Snowflake.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn’t the violence already here, under Trump? Guess I’ll start...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, what original and creative bait.

Are you going to tell your friends on your Roblox server about it later?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, what original and creative bait.

Are you going to tell your friends on your Roblox server about it later?
    I don’t know... I think discussing how violence if Trump wins again, is going to be different than violence under Trump, is legitimate. How much violence do we expect under Trump? Is the death count going to be more or less than 200000?

Too dumb and useless even for that. Protein paste at best.
    Nah.
    He's the person you send to the Dark Eldar, as a punishment for them.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys have anything else to say? Because this looks like a scripted message, something a NPC would say.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker