15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    It's nothing like a real hangar though, since there are only 50 people in the whole universe. As i understood, you can also fly through void space for hours without encountering anything of interest.
    Is that it though? I spawn in a hangar, and all I can do is run around it. Is this the game that's been in development for nearly a decade with almost half a billion dollars invested? My god.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Is that it though? I spawn in a hangar, and all I can do is run around it. Is this the game that's been in development for nearly a decade with almost half a billion dollars invested? My god.
    No, no. They spent all that time making systems to make things that may one day be placed into the game. There's obviously been a ton of work done.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    No, no. They spent all that time making systems to make things that may one day be placed into the game. There's obviously been a ton of work done.
    It's really hard to figure out the PERFECT configuration for the coffee maker to keep employees happy.

You can find pictures of ships (that may or may not be in the "final" product) on the internet though

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should actually figure out how to play the game properly, or even fucking launch it properly, rather than just posting nonsense that makes you look like an idiot. Maybe you loaded up the hangar module, because you literally don't spawn in a hangar the first time you load up the PTU.

There is a hundred or so ships to fly, multiple planets/ moons to land on, missions to accept, can make your own content if you want, many different stations and several gameplay loops to engage in, if your just spawning in a hanger and running around you have not even launched the PU as you start of in a bed and can choose to spawn in one of the cities that you can walk around, if your going to complain at least look into the game properly first.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    It's nothing like a real hangar though, since there are only 50 people in the whole universe. As i understood, you can also fly through void space for hours without encountering anything of interest.
    And is it always going to be just 50 players in a server no, also when your flying through space it will also generate missions so there will usually be something to do and the game currently generates missions around a certain area atm, plus its a space game there is going to be plenty of areas with very little interest just the same as other space games.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-09-12 at 06:26 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    There is a hundred or so ships to fly, multiple planets/ moons to land on, missions to accept, can make your own content if you want, many different stations and several gameplay loops to engage in, if your just spawning in a hanger and running around you have not even launched the PU as you start of in a bed and can choose to spawn in one of the cities that you can walk around, if your going to complain at least look into the game properly first.
    It's one of those games you need a video guide or something to understand? Because my only options to spawn in the world were in hangars, two different ones. That's it. If there were other options, they were exceedingly well-hidden, or not available during this free-fly event.

It's one of those games you need a video guide or something to understand? Because my only options to spawn in the world were in hangars, two different ones. That's it. If there were other options, they were exceedingly well-hidden, or not available during this free-fly event.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    snip
    That's cool and all, but when I log in, my game doesn't have space ports to choose.

The only way you would spawn in a hanger if you logged in to the module that is just a hanger and what ship you put in it, there is also arena commander, star marine and the PU where you spawn in a bed in one of the spawn locations you choose, then you find a lift and head to the spaceport, in the PU you always spawn in a bed in your ship if you logged out there or in a room in the last station/city you logged out in.

You will have to learn a few things on your own as it doesnt tell you things, watch a few streams and you should be able to work out the basic locations of where things are. All you should need to do is login - select universe - make a character and there should be 3 locations under space ports to select, usually during free fly you should have access to the universe.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-09-12 at 10:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The only way you would spawn in a hanger if you logged in to the module that is just a hanger and what ship you put in it, there is also arena commander, star marine and the PU where you spawn in a bed in one of the spawn locations you choose, then you find a lift and head to the spaceport, in the PU you always spawn in a bed in your ship if you logged out there or in a room in the last station/city you logged out in.

You will have to learn a few things on your own as it doesnt tell you things, watch a few streams and you should be able to work out the basic locations of where things are. All you should need to do is login - select universe - make a character and there should be 3 locations under space ports to select, usually during free fly you should have access to the universe.
    Well that's the part that doesn't exist. They're literally blank, with no selections. Maybe during this free fly event only the hangars are available, idk.

Well that's the part that doesn't exist. They're literally blank, with no selections. Maybe during this free fly event only the hangars are available, idk.
    Just done it on my account with nothing you need to login on the website, go to the main page and click on the ship showdown freefly should be the 2nd tab and near the bottom it asks for a coupon, copy the one just above it and it should activate the freefly, it doesnt give you automatic access to the game unless you apply the freefly code to the account.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-09-12 at 10:32 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's cool and all, but when I log in, my game doesn't have space ports to choose.
    Maybe don't load the hangar module then?

15+ Year Old Account
    Is this game due for an optimization pass at all? Or is it because only NASA supercomputers are meant to run this?

Is this game due for an optimization pass at all? Or is it because only NASA supercomputers are meant to run this?
    It's in alpha with quite a bit of work to do so they haven't bothered too much with optimization left.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's in alpha with quite a bit of work to do so they haven't bothered too much with optimization left.
    Oh. That's unfortunate then.

Your framerate in Star Citizen is dependent on your latency, the stability of the server, and your CPU (it seems that CPU impacts Star Citizen framerate more than GPU). You can look at this page and see how your rig stacks up to other players and what you'd need to improve to improve your performance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not going with intel for the forseeable future considering I just upgraded to a 3700x. I'm slowly starting to realize I might need a new hobby.

Your framerate in Star Citizen is dependent on your latency, the stability of the server, and your CPU (it seems that CPU impacts Star Citizen framerate more than GPU). You can look at this page and see how your rig stacks up to other players and what you'd need to improve to improve your performance.
    This game also REALLY wants to be installed on an SSD as well.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is based on CryEngine, and anyone who's played games developed in CryEngine knows that they are CPU resource hogs more so than they are GPU intensive.