Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Spoilers] Alliance happy now?

Weak and hated priesti Anduin is gone, and now brutal and strong Turalyon is the leader of the Alliance, your dream has come true. But I don't see the joy of the alliance, or did you like Anduin as a leader?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Weak and hated priesti Anduin is gone, and now brutal and strong Turalyon is the leader of the Alliance, your dream has come true. But I don't see the joy of the alliance, or did you like Anduin as a leader?
    Let’s see what (If anything) Turalyon is going to actually *do* before deciding whether we’re happy or not...

Not until they get an expansion where the starting factions mounts are all different colored wolves will I be happy!!!
    I'm a thread killer.

5+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of this post? I personally don't care who is leading the alliance since at this point I don't give a shit about the leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you ever have anything else to talk about? We get it. You don't like Anduin as a character. A lot of people here don't.

I think this thread is "Cherry123 happy now" in actuality.

Actually yes. The Alliance leaders have all been acting like a bunch of goody two shoes for too long now. I wouldn't mind Turalyon causing some internal conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Actually yes. The Alliance leaders have all been acting like a bunch of goody two shoes for too long now. I wouldn't mind Turalyon causing some internal conflict.
    As a Horde player I am more than happy to just have a quite boring council of leaders fly under the radar for one expansion where nothing really happens. It's well past time that some disruption happened on the goodie-two-shoes, houlier than thou faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    As a Horde player I am more than happy to just have a quite boring council of leaders fly under the radar for one expansion where nothing really happens. It's well past time that some disruption happened on the goodie-two-shoes, houlier than thou faction.
    They had a chance to do cause some conflict between Anduin and Tyrande but we didn't get to see a lot of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Where have you been the last many years? Anduin has been a well-liked leader for I don't know how long.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Honestly, they are appear to be setting up the next trigger for conflict being Alliance started ... but I doubt they will have the balls to do it. You have Turalyon who is lightforged, and we seen why extreme Light worship does (see Alternate Draenor). You have Tyrande seeking blood and I am fairly certain she doesn't care that Sylvanas left the Horde. And you have Genn who is jumping at the bit to go to war with the Horde again.

There are a lot of potential stories that would have the Alliance be the aggressors ... but I bet they do some bull crap and have some Horde leader go evil again because "Herpaderp, Red is the bad faction and Blue is the good faction."
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    You had WoD with Warchief Benchwarmer I mean Vol'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    Where have you been the last many years? Anduin has been a well-liked leader for I don't know how long.
    I agree.. as a Horde main even I despised Anduin at first but have grown to think he is pretty cool. Would be a shame if he is ousted for Turalyon (awful character).

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I mean I'd have preferred that Anduin progressed as a character and finally came to terms with the fact that the Horde is bad but that's never going to happen and I've just accepted it. Instead, Turalyon is put front and center to job again like he did for Illidan. I dunno if it'll be the Horde or someone else he has to make look cooler. Maybe they will break even more stupid nonsense and have him oppose Yrel's Shining Crusade and decide, of all things, to protect the Horde from the Light and I can finally quit the game because that's as fucking bad as anything could ever be.

So yeah nah, he got put in there to job so that Anduin can go on being a softcock. Hope you are laughing Horde because your faction is getting the same treatment now and you'll never get Garrosh back.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgin Anduin vs chad Turaylon

By the way, a large chunk of people I have seen complaining about Anduin are horde, so this question should be aimed at everyone I suppose.

Also Anduin is usually not hated for his personality, but for his actions. A wise, reflective leader can be badass and incredibly interesting, but not when his actions are translated into "they killed thousands of us, but we should not retaliate". They just mishandled him, which means the problem is not Anduin, but Blizzard.

This question is kinda pointless right now, because Turalyon as a leader has as much potential as they can manage him to have. I would love a zealous leader that doesn't necessarily fall into madness/betrayal and that has no issue in killing the enemy if they become too dangerous. But I don't have high hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post

By the way, a large chunk of people I have seen complaining about Anduin are horde, so this question should be aimed at everyone I suppose.

Also Anduin is usually not hated for his personality, but for his actions. A wise, reflective leader can be badass and incredibly interesting, but not when his actions are translated into "they killed thousands of us, but we should not retaliate". They just mishandled him, which means the problem is not Anduin, but Blizzard.

This question is kinda pointless right now, because Turalyon as a leader has as much potential as they can manage him to have. I would love a zealous leader that doesn't necessarily fall into madness/betrayal and that has no issue in killing the enemy if they become too dangerous. But I don't have high hopes.
    Varian was like that
    https://youtu.be/PxvQKCJagoI?t=448

10+ Year Old Account
    More or less. And he had very good reasons to be like that, considering his past. I just wouldn't want Turalyon to go mad with raving about the light like Yrel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wouldn't want Turalyon to go mad with raving about the light like Yrel.

The seeds are definitely sewn for a story like that. Not saying it will happen exactly like how it has happened for Yrel on AU Draenor, but a story of the Alliance leadership fracturing with Turalyon's rule through Holy Light zealotry as the catalyst is - in my opinion - a cool story.

I just wanna see Turalyon start merking fools.

Is Anduin really gone or is this a Red Herring? Because I hope a Light-crazed zealot like Turalyon rules Stormwind with an iron fist, shunning Void Elves, Warlocks, and Demon Hunters alike until Muradin, Mekkatorque and Velen have to seek help from The Horde to overthrow him. Turn the tables for once.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    The seeds are definitely sewn for a story like that. Not saying it will happen exactly like how it has happened for Yrel on AU Draenor, but a story of the Alliance leadership fracturing with Turalyon's rule through Holy Light zealotry as the catalyst is - in my opinion - a cool story.

I just wanna see Turalyon start merking fools.

"The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness"

Yet another one of Il'gynoth's quotes which has come to fruition however only one part of it so far. The last part of it still hasn't been found if it's referenced towards Anduin or Turalyon. It'll be either Andiuin suffering from some sort of PTSD/Trauma from his time in the Maw or the latter going full zealot mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OCoyne View Post
    It'll be either Andiuin suffering from some sort of PTSD/Trauma from his time in the Maw or the latter going full zealot mode.

Would be interesting if both of them.

In 'Shadows Rising' there is a scene where Anduin either attempts to use dark magic (Shadow/Void magic?) or full on uses it against Sira Moonwarden while the other Alliance people look on in shock.