Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You are obviously horde.

No, Alliance don't complain about Anduin, just Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Would be interesting if both of them.

In 'Shadows Rising' there is a scene where Anduin either attempts to use dark magic (Shadow/Void magic?) or full on uses it against Sira Moonwarden while the other Alliance people look on in shock.
    Take what happens in books with a grain of salt.
    Each author they pawn this off on have their own take on characters and do their own thing.

For example Sylvanas cares about the Horde and never wanted to be warchief (we even see her internal monologues about this so its not even unreliable narrator) in one book and then it gets revealed she planned all this all along and it was all for this business in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You are obviously horde.

Lol where have you been for the past decade?
    Last edited by Toho; 2020-09-12 at 02:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Take what happens in books with a grain of salt.
    Each author they pawn this off on have their own take on characters and do their own thing.

I believe this, but doesn't Blizzard "work very closely" with authors in order to tell things a very certain way? In an interview with Madeleine Roux she was saying that Blizzard had her word certain things very specifically; very carefully.

Not exactly a "specific" example but painting the picture of Anduin becoming more direct in his approach - even going as far as to use dark magic to supposedly cause harm in an ends justify the means kind of way - speaks to a larger story soon to be told I would think.

Or... Blizzard will get cold feet on pulling the trigger of an Anduin heel turn and just scrap it altogether. He is, after all, their Green Gold Jesus.

You are obviously horde.

I haven't played since Cata, but I'm a former Alliance player and I dislike Anduin. He represents almost everything wrong with the way Blizzard tends to write the Alliance.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Weak and hated priesti Anduin is gone, and now brutal and strong Turalyon is the leader of the Alliance, your dream has come true. But I don't see the joy of the alliance, or did you like Anduin as a leader?
    I didn't see him as weak, nor did I hate him. I'll take a 'cooler heads prevail' leader over a 'RAAAAUGHH KILL THE HORDE/ALLIANCE KILL THEM' warmonger anyday.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I believe this, but doesn't Blizzard "work very closely" with authors in order to tell things a very certain way? In an interview with Madeleine Roux she was saying that Blizzard had her word certain things very specifically; very carefully.

Not exactly a "specific" example but painting the picture of Anduin becoming more direct in his approach - even going as far as to use dark magic to supposedly cause harm in an ends justify the means kind of way - speaks to a larger story soon to be told I would think.

Or... Blizzard will get cold feet on pulling the trigger of an Anduin heel turn and just scrap it altogether. He is, after all, their Green Gold Jesus.
    They like to pretend it does but there is ample evidence against it.
    The most likely case scenario is there are couple of bullet points they need to hit for the next expansion's setup.

The rest is up to the author. I mean writing books is a long process and Madeleine was writing this one for about a year or less?
    How much time do you there was for her to write an entire novel and have Blizzard hold her hand every step of the way to make sure everything is perfectly accurate?

Warcraft books should not be read like regular books written by a single author with a big plan in mind.
    Because those books the author purposefully leaves forshadowing and lays the ground work for the final book.

Wow books are not that. Not at all. Generally they are just released as a marketing hype and extra income.
    All they do is add some bullet point details of what happened between expansion 1 and 2 without Blizzard needing to waste dev time in the game. The rest doesn't really matter.

Remember the whispers of Il'gynoth... ''the golden one claims a vacant throne'' and ''the crown of Light will bring only darkness''. This can be about either Turalyon or Calia Menethil. I think it's about Turalyon. I predict we will see a dark side of the Light in this expansion.

I'd like to add that I dislike Anduin very much. I hope there'll be some kind of turmoil in the Alliance soon and that Alliance players get to choose who to side with (just like Horde in BfA, but with endings that actually matter).

You are obviously horde.

I play Alliance and I dislike Anduin as High King. I find him boring and ineffective as a leader, evidenced by him posturing a whole lot during BfA and actually accomplishing nothing. He doesn't have the respect of his peers, or his enemies. He's an unproven leader, and as much as I hate Sylvanas, she's right. He's a little lion, and Blizzard seems unable to try to write him as a capable leader who learns and grows, which is ironic since he's their golden boy. There's very little to like about him. There's very little to hate too, sure, but that means he elicits no reaction either way, and that's the worst type of character.

I think most turmoil inside the alliance have always been dead born, because of the Horde doing shit all the time.
    if there was a peaceful time long enough, maybe those problem could explode in the alliance's face, but the horde has always united the alliance the most.
    if we want some shade of gray on both factions, then the horde should calm down and stop going dark every 2 expac.
    being forced to work WITH the horde instead of against it, for the big bad of the moment, had always generated more inside turmoil in both factions, than the war on again/off again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard really seems to be setting up major changes for the Alliance while we're off in the Shadowlands.

Be nice to come back from SL and Stormwind is suddenly the Bastion of The Light, complete with a new Naaru for us to worship. Maybe AU Yrel figures a way to show up?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Is Anduin really gone or is this a Red Herring? Because I hope a Light-crazed zealot like Turalyon rules Stormwind with an iron fist, shunning Void Elves,
    Married to one.

Warlocks,
    Maybe.

and Demon Hunters
    Worked pretty well with the first one against the Legion.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Blizzard really seems to be setting up major changes for the Alliance while we're off in the Shadowlands.

Be nice to come back from SL and Stormwind is suddenly the Bastion of The Light, complete with a new Naaru for us to worship. Maybe AU Yrel figures a way to show up?
    I gotta be honest: I love the sound of that. Like I am legit intrigued by the idea of coming back to that kind of scenario.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

No matter what people will find some way to bitch about it, that's the only constant on these forums.

If I had to guess, said bitching will probably be about this change of management happening so we can have Anduin as a main character within Shadowlands, continuing to give him screentime with the full expectency of him returning to power post-expansion.

As for me I'm mostly just happy they didn't write him off as dead due to being a warfront boss, that would've been a huge waste of characters. He was interesting in Shadows Rising, for sure. Tentatively excited for what they do with what I've seen. One of my biggest complaints of BFA was that the storyline focused on the Horde, while the Alliance got significantly less story focus and their internal conflicts were comparatively downplayed.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-09-12 at 04:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

All 6 of them are mixed in response at best.

Happy? Not until he rectifies the mistake Varian did at the end of MoP

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Not until they get an expansion where the starting factions mounts are all different colored wolves will I be happy!!!
    Ever heard of the fabled expansion Warlords of Draenor?

Well considering Turalyon and his wife have already decided torturing people for information is a good thing.. Nope. Definitely not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Honestly, they are appear to be setting up the next trigger for conflict being Alliance started ... but I doubt they will have the balls to do it. You have Turalyon who is lightforged, and we seen why extreme Light worship does (see Alternate Draenor). You have Tyrande seeking blood and I am fairly certain she doesn't care that Sylvanas left the Horde. And you have Genn who is jumping at the bit to go to war with the Horde again.

There are a lot of potential stories that would have the Alliance be the aggressors ... but I bet they do some bull crap and have some Horde leader go evil again because "Herpaderp, Red is the bad faction and Blue is the good faction."
    Do we really need yet another forced war noone actually wants, we just sat through BFA forced into a war that was universally hated.

They pull this war shit yet again and Ill delete my Chars and forget wow exists, I will not sit through yet another boring as shit forced war story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends if they do anything interesting with him.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Do we really need yet another forced war noone actually wants, we just sat through BFA forced into a war that was universally hated.

They pull this war shit yet again and Ill delete my Chars and forget wow exists, I will not sit through yet another boring as shit forced war story.
    I would rather they fire current writers and hire someone who can actualy write a war scenario.