Thread: No classic+?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    When Classic launched I jumped in and hoped for a separate "old school" game with different philosophy. Runescape did it so why not WoW.

When they made the TBC poll though, I lost all hope and quit. I mean it would be awesome if they somehow made it happen but I doubt it.
    Fucking this. I don’t understand why the classic neckbeard community is so against this.

I genuinely believe that Classic + has massive potential. Not from massive class overhauls or new zones, but just basic fixes that existed even in TBC and WotLK could improve it massively, in my opinion at least. I actually feel a little surge of anger whenever I see people shooting down the idea as if it's the worst idea they've ever heard, as if replaying TBC and WotLK won't just lead to replaying Cataclysm, MoP, WoD and eventually even BFA. What is the point? Do we eventually come full circle and just do Classic Classic? Classic Classic Classic?

OSRS does it well, I believe that Blizzard could too; It makes me sad that so many people won't even give it a second thought. I honestly do think that people are blinded by nostalgia, people ask for TBC now but what will they ask for if and when that or WotLK finishes? I'm very intrigued to find out.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2020-09-12 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    retail doing badly is well known.
    Only there's 2 year's worth of quarterly reports stating the opposite.

You people are quite happy burping feels over reals but right is right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    This guy over here thinking classic is keeping retail floating and not the other way around lmao.
    That's what they do. In the face of logic itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

WTF? Maybe I am missing something...but..."WoW retail player numbers show us a total player estimation of 80 million, far higher than classic but that’s to be expected. The more interesting number is the daily players at 2.31 million (in April). "

80 million players? Seriously? Like...SERIOUSLY?

- - - Updated - - -

Further proof as to why them 3rd party "population trackers" are idiotic as a base for any sort of argumentation. 80 million, HAHA! I doubt the servers could even handle that load...

Would be interesting with classic+. but they still got Tbc/wrath classic which is easy money for them, alot of ppl will play that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post

You wanted Classic, you got Classic. Enjoy the Vanilla experience.
    That's some heavy generalizing. I never wanted base classic and have, from the start, hoped for a Classic+ route to be taken.

How do you quantify "most" and more importantly...how do you know what "most" people want?

- - - Updated - - -

WTF? Maybe I am missing something...but..."WoW retail player numbers show us a total player estimation of 80 million, far higher than classic but that’s to be expected. The more interesting number is the daily players at 2.31 million (in April). "

- - - Updated - - -

Is that why we see so many new MMOs doing splendidly? Apparently with all the money Amazon can shit out however, their new MMO isn't doing so well. Guess they missed the memo to hire more "random Slavs"
    I'm talking about private servers for Vanilla and TBC. I never said they are making AAA games.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    TBC will be your classic +

enjoy
    Gimme it all! I'm ready
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

They never actually said that something like a Classic+ would become a thing, only that it might be worth looking into but it seems that we're getting a Classic TBC instead. They do make some changes with Classic but they intend to keep the game as close as possible to the original game. We have yet to see a confirmation about Classic TBC aswell so we might get surprised if they do add more content for Classic after all. It does require them to have a team who makes new art and assets and design new quests, dungeon/raid bosses etc which requires time and resources.

I'm one of those who'd love to see content being added that was originally intended to be in the game, but never got around to. Basically turning Classic into the ''full game'' that it was going to be if Blizzard had decided to not do expansions and try another route by just updating the base game. Its also a lot more interesting then going to TBC which we already fully know of what to expect from, and I'm pretty sure that all content will get cleared about as fast as in Classic. I'd still love to play a Classic TBC but seeing new content based on the Classic design philosophy seems so much more interesting. I do understand that people don't even expect Blizzard to do a Classic+ right, because neither can I. I'd just ask the original developers to help out and see where the ship strands.

How do you quantify "most" and more importantly...how do you know what "most" people want?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Is that why we see so many new MMOs doing splendidly? Apparently with all the money Amazon can shit out however, their new MMO isn't doing so well. Guess they missed the memo to hire more "random Slavs"
    Just because you're unwilling to accept it doesn't mean the information is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Only there's 2 year's worth of quarterly reports stating the opposite.

You people are quite happy burping feels over reals but right is right.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what they do. In the face of logic itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Further proof as to why them 3rd party "population trackers" are idiotic as a base for any sort of argumentation. 80 million, HAHA! I doubt the servers could even handle that load...
    the thing is, it's tracking how many people have played within a certain time period. The link also says that on average, daily player numbers on retail servers are only 2.3 million online at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    the thing is, it's tracking how many people have played within a certain time period. The link also says that on average, daily player numbers on retail servers are only 2.3 million online at any given time.
    And it's a 3rd party source, which is the same as saying, it's no source at all. Even just counting server tags has more weight.

Whether it shows 10 million per day, or 2, or 3, or 80, it's based on fuck all. The long answer is: We don't have access to numbers. The short answer is: Nope.

Just facepalm whenever someone cites these websites and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't get it...why some people mention "classic+"?
    classic+ doesn't mean anything...
    adding something on classic? it's called tbc...
    want current blizzard to work on new content for classic made by a different team? lol...
    modifying classic? why was there a need for classic again? ah yes, because it was modified...

yeah no. classic+ is just a buzzword born on social media, that people keeps mentioning because they've seen it mentioned multiple time, and they think it's a thing...
    it's like "jaina is a dreadlord", "expansion X is bad", "revamp", "champion player"... some are more retarded than the others
    it's basically what we call a "meme"
    Last edited by Cæli; 2020-09-12 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    And it's a 3rd party source, which is the same as saying, it's no source at all. Even just counting server tags has more weight.

Whether it shows 10 million per day, or 2, or 3, or 80, it's based on fuck all. The long answer is: We don't have access to numbers. The short answer is: Nope.

Just facepalm whenever someone cites these websites and move on.
    Usually the rabid Classic fans use third party sites to somehow prove their points but then disregard them when it doesn't fit their narrative. So I play their game to further show their hypocrisy. Outside of that, you're right. We don't have the exact numbers. But the fact that the majority of Classic servers being veritable ghost towns even during peak hours kind of shows that retail is still far more populated.

So because of that incident, Classic+ confirmed?

Probably all kinds of logical fallacies in that one.

But hey...feel free to share your sources and info on how Classic+ is coming along. Not judging. In fact I think it would be awesome if Blizzard pulled it off. Forums ablaze in discussions and all that shit.
    I think the fallacy is jumping to the conclusion that he said classic+ was confirmed?

Usually the rabid Classic fans use third party sites to somehow prove their points but then disregard them when it doesn't fit their narrative. So I play their game to further show their hypocrisy. Outside of that, you're right. We don't have the exact numbers. But the fact that the majority of Classic servers being veritable ghost towns even during peak hours kind of shows that retail is still far more populated.
    Classic+ will be TBC. There are already rumblings of a TBC beta as soon as Q1 2021. There was never any chance of a new game being spawned from the ashes of Classic.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    This is of course still in the air, but do you think it is worth your money when classic does not get the money that we pay for it, and it seems to goto keep retail floating instead.
    Long ago, Blizz made Classic+. It was called BC, and it was phenomenal. It continued the growth of subscriptions, carrying the game to nearly the peak of its popularity.

Then Blizz made Classic++. It was called Wrath, and it did something that no expansion since then was able to do. Maintain high levels of subscriptions during the entire life cycle.

Why do you think the current crop of WoW devs is remotely capable of modifying Classic in a satisfactory way? WoW has been on a steady decline since Cata. There has been nothing more than short spikes of subscriptions with new expansions, followed by an immediate decline.

Take BC and Wrath and run with them. Blizz will never do better with their current cost-cutting in all ways possible attitude.

Funny that people mention it is retail sub gets u access to classic wow. I feel it is quite the opposite, especially with such a retail drought. More server merges just happened, pretty soon every1 will be attached to 1 server

My classic wow paid sub got me bonus retail access

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Funny that people mention it is retail sub gets u access to classic wow. I feel it is quite the opposite, especially with such a retail drought. More server merges just happened, pretty soon every1 will be attached to 1 server

You do realize there are approximately 10 times more retail servers, right? And that even with one tenth of the servers as retail, that Classic also has dead servers?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Classic+ will be TBC. There are already rumblings of a TBC beta as soon as Q1 2021. There was never any chance of a new game being spawned from the ashes of Classic.
    I can believe that as they wouldn't be making anything new. They'd just be throwing TBC into the servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post

I really don't understand why Classic fans need to be dishonest like this. Retail is not nearly as dead as a lot of Classic servers.

I can only echo what other people have said.
    Whether Classic is bigger or not is one thing, but whipping out a statistic that suggest Retail has like 80M players or subscribers is flat out bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I can only echo what other people have said.
    Whether Classic is bigger or not is one thing, but whipping out a statistic that suggest Retail has like 80M players or subscribers is flat out bogus.
    I don't really believe that part either but the daily number of players seems pretty believeable.