Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Green Party Teams with GOP to Ratfuck 2020

Ratfucking is an American slang term for political sabotage or dirty tricks, particularly pertaining to elections. It was brought to public attention by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein in the book which chronicled their investigative reporting of the Watergate affair, All the President's Men (1974).

In the least surprising development ever, the Greens are using Republican lawyers to execute their pro-Trump ratfuck in Wisconsin:

The Wisconsin Supreme Court Has Already Begun to Sabotage Absentee Voting
    A Green Party challenge gave the conservative majority a new way to sow chaos.

On Thursday morning, it looked like Wisconsin was positioned to run a smooth election this fall.
    • The state’s 1,850 municipal clerks had printed at least 2.3 million absentee ballots and mailed 378,482 of them.
    • They were well positioned to beat the Sept. 17 deadline by which, under state law, ballots must go out. In April, these clerks were crushed by a last-minute surge in requests from residents who decided to vote absentee for fear of the pandemic. The resulting delays led to mass confusion and disenfranchisement. Not this time: Officials had learned their lesson and planned far head, setting the stage for the prompt and orderly mailing of millions of ballots.

Then the Wisconsin Supreme Court stepped in. On Thursday afternoon, by a 4–3 vote divided along partisan lines, the court issued a strange, cryptic order that could throw the election into chaos. The conservative majority directed the Wisconsin Elections Commission to turn over a massive amount of information it did not actually have.
    These justices then halted the mailing of more absentee ballots while they consider nullifying every ballot that has been printed or mailed and forcing the state to start over. Their stunning eleventh-hour intervention could force election officials into an impossible position: either comply with the court’s order or violate both state and federal law.

The latest trouble in Wisconsin centers on Green Party candidates Howie Hawkins and Angela Walker.
    To get on the ballot, Hawkins and Walker were required to submit 2,000 valid signatures. But the paperwork they filed had a problem: Many signature sheets included an address, a motel in South Carolina, that was different from the one that Walker listed in her sworn declaration of candidacy. Walker had an opportunity to explain this discrepancy but declined. In accordance with state law, the Wisconsin Elections Commission rejected the signatures collected under the wrong address.
    That left Walker with fewer than the required 2,000 signatures, so the commission declined to place the Green Party ticket on the ballot. Hawkins and Walker waited two weeks—the critical period during which clerks printed and began mailing ballots—before asking the Wisconsin Supreme Court to force their names onto the ballot anyway.

A responsible court would have rejected this challenge for two reasons: Hawkins and Walker waited an unreasonably long time to bring it, and it has no plausible legal basis.
    But instead of dismissing the case, the infamously irresponsible court ordered the commission to reveal who has requested absentee ballots, who has been mailed a ballot already, and when these ballots were mailed.
    It also demanded to know who requested the ballots to be printed, implying the existence of some conspiracy to rush them out. In the meantime, the conservative majority effectively shut down the state’s election machinery, suspending the printing of more absentee ballots. Its order suggests that four justices are seriously considering a decision in favor of the Green Party. Such a ruling would compel the state to throw out every existing ballot and begin the entire, grueling, monthslong process anew.

Just great. And anyone on any part of the left who defends the national Green Party at this late date is in the kindest construction a massive stooge.

In the era of late stage capitalism. Third parties are more than likely to just be vehicles for: vanity runs by celebrities or billionaires. Or parties for-hire by oligarchs or foreign influencers.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I'm not even surprised that the centre-right liberals of MMO-C would hate on any party left of center, anything that does not conform to the democratic is pure evil.

American liberalism is an even bigger joke than the kind you find in other countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    In the era of late stage capitalism. Third parties are more than likely to just be vehicles for: vanity runs by celebrities or billionaires. Or parties for-hire by oligarchs or foreign influencers.
    Which explains why you shit on anybody who even tries, in the slighest, to stand against capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    I'm not even surprised that the centre-right liberals of MMO-C would hate on any party left of center, anything that does not conform to the democratic is pure evil.

American liberalism is an even bigger joke than the kind you find in other countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Which explains why you shit on anybody who even tries, in the slighest, to stand against capitalism.
    Maybe they should play the long game and try their hand at governing in local and state elections first. At best their message is unknown my the vast majority and really only appeal to about 5% of the populace. much of both parties make more sense at local levels. Get in there first, establish governing experience that works and grow. But no, they just seem, especially the Libertarians, to just want their 15min of fame every 4 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ready blame someone else for a candidates failure but the candidate. America.

Where was the uproar about fair elections during the primaries?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

The amount of crying from people like you is just 10/10. You keep whinging about people are pro-Biden, yet you’re just perpetually reinforcing how you’re anti-Biden. Did he steal your juicebox?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    The amount of crying from people like yourselves is just 10/10.
    Kinda like people crying about people who vote to the left of the democrats.
    They just can't believe that some people might dislike both Biden and Trump, thats just crazy!

Kinda like people crying about people who vote to the left of the democrats.
    They just can't believe that some people might dislike both Biden and Trump, thats just crazy!
    Nothing wrong with disliking Biden and Trump. Just don’t hold your hands up and say, ‘lol I vote Democrat but didn’t like the candidate so I sat it out’, because you’re just a vital vote lost in the battle to unseat Trump. Trump unlike Biden, will not actually work to find better policies with members of his party that he doesn’t see eye to eye with.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2020-09-12 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I find it fascinating that your response to the rather cut-and-dry headline of "Green party members make completely avoidable mistake and refuse to account for it, waiting far longer than necessary to even bring up the issue and jeopardizing the send out of extremely important mail-in ballots that will be critical in this swing state's electoral process" is "Well it's just the FAKE LIBERAL MAN being ANGRY that SOMEONE isn't bowing to the CAPITALIST PIGS!"

Instead of... you know, the fact that they made an easily avoidable mistake, refused to account for it, waited far longer than necessary to bring up the issue, and are jeopardizing the send out of extremely important mail-in ballots that will be critical in a swing state's electoral process.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

So set Wisconsin to red on 270towin gotta plan to beat Trump without it. Should be the case regardless but still ratfuckery GOP gonna ratfuck. Not surprised people already crying that it's Biden's fault though.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-09-12 at 11:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with disliking Biden and Trump. Just don’t hold your hands up and say, ‘lol I vote Democrat but didn’t like the candidate’, because you’re just a vital vote lost in the battle to unseat Trump, who unlike Biden, will not actually work to find better policies with members of his party.
    Oh I agree, those people should not be members of the democratic party.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I find it fascinating that your response to the rather cut-and-dry headline of "Green party members make completely avoidable mistake and refuse to account for it, waiting far longer than necessary to even bring up the issue and jeopardizing the send out of extremely important mail-in ballots that will be critical in this swing state's electoral process" is "Well it's just the FAKE LIBERAL MAN being ANGRY that SOMEONE isn't bowing to the CAPITALIST PIGS!"

Instead of... you know, the fact that they made an easily avoidable mistake, refused to account for it, waited far longer than necessary to bring up the issue, and are jeopardizing the send out of extremely important mail-in ballots that will be critical in a swing state's electoral process.
    I can't tell if he's just a pissed Bernie supporter that thinks he should have won both in 2016 and 2020 despite lacking the votes, or really a Trump shill pretending to be a leftist, just here as a pearl-clutching doomsayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

It was in response to Milchsake, but yeah, whatever. Nothing will change the minds of liberals or conservatives that any left-wing party is actually working with the GoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I can't tell if he's just a pissed Bernie supporter that thinks he should have won both in 2016 and 2020 despite lacking the votes, or really a Trump shill pretending to be a leftist, just here as a pearl-clutching doomsayer.
    haha, I never supported Bernie, I could not even support him. I'm way, way to the left of some silly social democrat.

But yeah, just stick to the line of everybody to the left of the dems being secret Trump shills, that one works much betteri

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I think his former name was communismwillwin, hope that clears that up.

10+ Year Old Account

I voted for Sanders in 2016 and 2020, stop the bullshit, he lost both times. You sound like such a punk bitch.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

People wonder why no one takes 3rd party candidates seriously.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of crying from people like you is just 10/10. You keep whinging about people are pro-Biden, yet you’re just perpetually reinforcing how you’re anti-Biden. Did he steal your juicebox?
    I'm crying but there seems to be a number of you who can't look at anything objectively if it's not about kissing Biden's ass. Even if the statement is pro-Biden its not enough unless you get right up in those cheeks.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I'm crying but there seems to be a number of you who can't look at anything objectively if it's not about kissing Biden's ass. Even if the statement is pro-Biden its not enough unless you get right up in those cheeks.
    Wrong. Critique away. Just don’t be a concern troll at every given opportunity. Your game is up. Everyone knows what you’re about. Own it and move on. Because you’re childish and unlikeable.

Just wait.
    Should Biden win, he'll show himself in lockstep support with police unions, all the while saying differently, and either there will be outrage over his actions, or others will eat his words up.

A police officer uses pepper spray on an Occupy Portland protestor at Pioneer Courthouse Square in Portland Ore., Thursday, Nov. 17, 2011. (AP Photo/The Oregonian, Randy L. Rasmussen)

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    So set Wisconsin to red on 270towin gotta plan to beat Trump without it. Should be the case regardless but still ratfuckery GOP gonna ratfuck. Not surprised people already crying that it's Biden's fault though.
    I dunno, the whole Absentee/mail in voting stuff hits Republicans harder than Democrats. And with the polling it is still up what? 8-10 points?

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I dunno, the whole Absentee/mail in voting stuff hits Republicans harder than Democrats. And with the polling it is still up what? 8-10 points?
    Geographically as a whole, sure. If this was in Arizona or Florida, GOP shine with mail in, and something like this would screw them royally. Wisconsin though, maybe, there is a lot of rural areas that rely on mail, so it might affect them, I'm not really sure what the ratio is there, but they also don't give a fuck about covid either, and it's not a lock that GOP win it, the primary backfired on the GOP big time, i'm just expecting it to be a loss now for dems in WI due to this. Hope I'm wrong.