Thread: No classic+?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I don't really believe that part either but the daily number of players seems pretty believeable.
    The problem is that a statistic that has one gaping flaw usually has others as well.

After all, the numbers solely work because they seem believeable, not because the method they used to raise them seems to be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The problem is that a statistic that has one gaping flaw usually has others as well.

After all, the numbers solely work because they seem believeable, not because the method they used to raise them seems to be accurate.
    Well, looking at how dead a lot of the Classic servers are, I'm willing to believe the numbers are true. At least to a degree they are.

While it would be great for Classic to get some meaningful content(baiting), lets be real here, that's only going to take time and money from a company that shaved 800 peoples jobs in quality assurance for the game in order to report record sales numbers. TBC getting released is much more likely then actually having to risk upsetting a slice of the Classic community implementing new content. Why would they even risk it when its gonna get scrutinized either way. If they want stagnation, let them have stagnation. Expect to see TBC Announce early summer months as people burn out from Classic and people get frustrated from the impending Chernobyl meltdown caused from the Shadowlands covenant system.

Sales and Marketing departments make the final decisions at the end of the day tho. If they see profit in Classic+ then they will make it. If TBC will bring in higher monetary value then expect TBC instead.

Classic+ was always poorly written fanfic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Well, looking at how dead a lot of the Classic servers are, I'm willing to believe the numbers are true. At least to a degree they are.
    Let's assume for a minute they are true.

Retail has like 2.31M Players and Classic has 1.52M.
    If we assume (for the sake of the argument) that there isn't a big overlap between Classic and Retail players (which probably exist), then about 40% of WoW Players are primarily playing Classic.

That is an argument to make Classic look bad?

Let's assume for a minute they are true.

Retail has like 2.31M Players and Classic has 1.52M.
    If we assume (for the sake of the argument) that there isn't a big overlap between Classic and Retail players (which probably exist), then about 40% of WoW Players are primarily playing Classic.

That is an argument to make Classic look bad?
    No. It's to show that the rabid Classic fans are incorrect about Classic having far more people playing than Retail.

No. It's to show that the rabid Classic fans are incorrect about Classic having far more people playing than Retail.
    If the 15 year old version of your game manages to attract 40% of your playerbase, then i think that's more noteworthy than the classic fans being wrong.

If the 15 year old version of your game manages to attract 40% of your playerbase, then i think that's more noteworthy than the classic fans being wrong.
    Those numbers in that link are also from April. I HIGHLY doubt Classic has those same numbers now. Especially since I notice that a lot of people complaining on the official forums about Classic servers being ghost towns.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    that is partly true but players has been asking for it for years. So by that logic it should been here years ago.
    That makes no sense because the decision wasn't made only because players wanted it. It was also a matter of determining the feasibility of allocating resources away from retail to classic and whether that time investment was worth it. At some point Blizzard thought it was worth it, and here we are. It appears to be paying off.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    There is more things at play and retail doing badly is well known.
    Can you specify how retail is doing badly? I'm not aware of it doing badly. I am aware that everyone has an opinion but opinions are not indicative of anything.

Those numbers in that link are also from April.
    Considering that is like ~9 months after Classic release, that is still sizeable, considering that every content besides AQ and Naxx was available at this point.

Classic numbers will continue to drop but that's completely fine as it's a finite game.
    Especially since I notice that a lot of people complaining on the official forums about Classic servers being ghost towns.
    You have at the same time a lot of realm merges on Retail, so yeah, that's something as well.

Considering that is like ~9 months after Classic release, that is still sizeable, considering that every content besides AQ and Naxx was available at this point.

Classic numbers will continue to drop but that's completely fine as it's a finite game.

You have at the same time a lot of realm merges on Retail, so yeah, that's something as well.
    I'm not about to say that retail has a tremendous player base but this is typically how it goes the last couple months of an expansion. As usual, it will likely surge again with Shadowlands.

Those numbers in that link are also from April. I HIGHLY doubt Classic has those same numbers now. Especially since I notice that a lot of people complaining on the official forums about Classic servers being ghost towns.
    You realize the same thing has been happening to retail, right? Did you not see all the new server mergers?
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    You realize the same thing has been happening to retail, right? Did you not see all the new server mergers?
    "Yeah, well, like, your ghost town is bigger problem than our ghost town!" -every Classic fan

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    "Yeah, well, like, your ghost town is bigger problem than our ghost town!" -every Classic fan
    Yup. they ignore that Classic has far fewer servers so therefore their ghost towns are much more prominent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Sure. A lot of servers are ghost towns but there's a lot MORE servers than Classic. So for Classic to have as many ghost towns as they do is a much larger representation of the servers than retail's mostly empty servers.

I'm not about to say that retail has a tremendous player base but this is typically how it goes the last couple months of an expansion
    Realms merges aren't something that has usually happened, though, let alone at that scale.

Realms merges aren't something that has usually happened, though, let alone at that scale.
    To be fair, they're addressing a long-standing problem that they've let stagnate for the better part of a couple years. It may seem like they're doing "a lot" but what they're actually doing is what they should have been doing all along but put off on the back burner for as long as possible.

Tbh, the game in general seems to be hardcore dying. Both Classic and retail are seeing dead servers more and more.

Tbh, the game in general seems to be hardcore dying. Both Classic and retail are seeing dead servers more and more.
    It's the content drought before a major expansion. The game seems much more active atm than it was at the end of WoD going into Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's the content drought before a major expansion. The game seems much more active atm than it was at the end of WoD going into Legion.
    This is very true. I main roleplay servers and even those are pretty populated. The couple of PvE servers I'm on also have at least some people online even outside of peak hours. But as you said, it's the drought before an expansion so I expected it.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I might be wrong, but I recall Blizzard saying it may be in the cards in the future. imo is far more possible to have WoTLK+, since classics will probably before Cata.
    I could see that, actually. Cata was where the major divergence started, both in gameplay and story. WotLK+ would make sense.
    Last edited by oplawlz; 2020-09-13 at 04:45 AM. Reason: typo