10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Well, imo, that's better.

Lore used to be "Behind the main antagonist, there's Dreadlord fuckery going on". Then all the retcons and Draenei and Eredar happened and the Nathrezim simply turned into a bunch of spellcasters with infiltration skills.

But now, with a single in-game book, Blizzard re-established the following:
    Behind the main antagonist, there's Dreadlord fuckery going on.
    Personally I liked the perception that the Dreadlords tricked a Titan into using a Fel army to fight back against the Void as they thought it would weaken him enough for them to gain control over him only for that plan to backfire and give birth to a Demon Titan (which I still take issue with) that had full control over them. It better fit their constant plans messing up and blowing up in their faces portrayal which has been their shtick since Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne when Mal'ganis didn't expect his plans to gain control over Arthas would mess up or when the Dreadlords didn't expect their control over the Lich King to be messed up or when they messed up their control over Lordaeron and lost it to an Undead Elf or even when they messed up controlling the Scarlet Crusade and they messed up... etc. Now it's being suggested that every single time they've messed up, gone against this cosmic plan or actively been stonewalling it has actually been a part of the newly introduced colossal 62D plan all along, that comes off as a little dumb for a grand plan years in the making. Especially when they're actively contradicting the prior writers who straight up said the Dreadlords have always been natural demons.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Something tells me you expected something else?
    Yeah ... My mistake! (though i genuinely laughed at this reply, thanks)

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post

On the cover of my PC Gamer, cinematic quality? Maybe we'll be seeing a Saurfang styled video posted on YouTube?
    amazing. I hope his ingame model will be similar.

it looks more like a detailed art
    not a CGI nor a Afterlives art

tbh I hope we can see some interaction between Jailer and Sire in the last video

I wonder what origin does Remornia have (talking swprd of Denathrius) amd if it os related to Zorvaal

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Possibly Balnazzar, as he said in the Ashbringer that he existed "between the world of the living and the dead," so perhaps this spire is we he waited - an unseen guest in the Shadowlands, hidden from (or perhaps by) Sire Denathrius until it was his moment to possess Dathrohan.
    I guess? But, reminder, that's the general thing for the Dreadlords. They're called "Unseen guests". Also, mind you: We haven't seen Mal'ganis since the Broken Shore, meaning he's one of the last Dreadlords we have yet to face. Him, Lothraxion, and the secret chick who's out in the planes of Life (Which are connected to Ardenweald. So, it's probably somewhere in the Dream maybe?)

Oh, and Mal'ganis also has lots of connected with the Dead. He did lure Arthas to Frostmourne, and he was in Northrend when we faced him in Wrath. So, who knows...

Him being the author would certainly be a surprise. Especially considering the name of the author's blurred out conveniently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    amazing. I hope his ingame model will be similar.

it looks more like a detailed art
    not a CGI nor a Afterlives art

tbh I hope we can see some interaction between Jailer and Sire in the last video

I wonder what origin does Remornia have (talking swprd of Denathrius) amd if it os related to Zorvaal
    They're probably going to do something akin to the Old Soldier cinematic before launch. However, instead of it being about Saurfang, it's going to be about the Jailer and (Possibly?) Sylvanas.

Would also be cool, considering they're technically the last Covenant that's yet to be explained fully (The 4 other Covenants already have an "Afterlives" video about em).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    Well well well, what do we got here?

Considering Frostmourne was crafted in the Maw, I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    They're probably going to do something akin to the Old Soldier cinematic before launch. However, instead of it being about Saurfang, it's going to be about the Jailer and (Possibly?) Sylvanas.

Would also be cool, considering they're technically the last Covenant that's yet to be explained fully (The 4 other Covenants already have an "Afterlives" video about em).
    Fingers crossed I live for Sylvanas cinematics. And she's been suprisingly absent from the whole campaign. Aside from her introduction in the Maw at the start...

I find it interesting that his neck armor clearly shows that the Helm of Domination is meant to slot into it.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317947/...nces-nathrezim Whelp...

There it is, boys. Also, how much do you wanna bet that the book was made by Mal'ganis?
    The other 2 books mention a Dreadlord who pretends to follow the fight means it's more than likely to be Lorthraxion.
    Or it could be Balnazzar who wrote it with Lorthraxion to follow out the scheme. It's definitely not Mal'Ganis however.

I'd be seriously surprised with Denathrius didn't have a Mythic only phase where he reveals his true identity. It's a very suspect Natherezim name who's even using the Dreadlord animations and skeleton who has also been described as 'The lord of Dread' by The Accuser.
    Last edited by OCoyne; 2020-09-14 at 05:18 AM.

Could HoD first been made for Jailer?
    as part of Chains, not as an armor

- - - Updated - - -

https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:RevendrethWrath.png
    not all Venthyr are former souls, several of them were created by Sire Denathrius
    1. Prince Renathal was very first Venthyr created by him
    2. The Curator and The Stonewright appear to be created as well

btw, The Countess is hiding her sinstone and pretends herself to be created by Sire as well

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

The fashion of Varimathras shackles reminds me of the Jailer's. Especially the collar and wrist shackles. I think Titans or Burning Legion and those who shackled Zovaal are somewhat related.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-09-14 at 08:17 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Here’s a thought seeing how that book talking about in flirtation of cosmic forces says there is one amount the life comics force; I think that person may be hiding about the Red dragonflight and not the Green one.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Here’s a thought seeing how that book talking about in flirtation of cosmic forces says there is one amount the life comics force; I think that person may be hiding about the Red dragonflight and not the Green one.
    This book is written before there were dragonflights. It speaks as if Sargeras has yet to splinter off meaning the Pantheon haven't gone to Azeroth yet. This agent seems to be already infiltrated so I doubt it's someone or something we know.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    This book is written before there were dragonflights. It speaks as if Sargeras has yet to splinter off meaning the Pantheon haven't gone to Azeroth yet. This agent seems to be already infiltrated so I doubt it's someone or something we know.
    I didn’t even take time/Sargeras into account, thanks for that info.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I didn’t even take time/Sargeras into account, thanks for that info.
    Yeah this is written very very long ago. I think Azeroth around this time should either be forming with the 5 elements clashing or after the Old Gods arrived and started fighting each other.

In case this wasn't already linked.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post

So Player Charatcer is not the only one who gets free pass from Death.

"Mantid Warrior" wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post

Where were they when Athas was upsetting the balance of life and death?

Edit: Ohhh... OH! so it's a reference to player character dying in stupid ways and getting rezzed?

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Where were they when Athas was upsetting the balance of life and death?

Edit: Ohhh... OH! so it's a reference to player character dying in stupid ways and getting rezzed?
    But why a Mantid Warrior? I don't remember any necromancer dealing with any Mantid.

they just keep retconning.

Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    they just keep retconning.
    Is there a specific thing this is about or just everything in this thread?