Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Debunking coronavirus deniers gets removed, but animal snuff films stay up?

This guy makes some excellent points. A fair warning though, there might be some confronting or distressing scenes that are talked about here.

It's sad that content creators like Thunderf00t have their videos debunking people who think coronavirus is fake removed, but the videos this dude is criticising are still up. As well with all the comments that say things like "burn it", "haha that squeal of pain at 5:10".

These kind of sickening videos are coming up as suggestions for people who either have a legitimate rodent issue, or people who want to see cute rat stuff.

What the hell? I mean sure it would've been unreasonable not to find that kind of shit on YouTube made by psychos for psychos, but entire channels and with those numbers? I thought it was like, I dunno, a video every now and then with some hundreds or thousands views at most. But a channel opened in 2019 with 21 million views? How does that manage to elude YouTube? Unless of course it doesn't and traffic is good or whatever reason they might have to ignore that kind of shit, because I'm not going to believe they're unaware of that, not with those numbers. Plus I'm sure it's not just rats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

7+ Year Old Account
    Some of the content removal is done by humans and some is done by not well-developed algorithms which means there's going to be a lot of errors and videos that slip through the cracks. Managing YouTube is a gargantuan task and creating AI algorithms that can sift through everything and understand 'context' is incredibly difficult. It's a work-in-progress.

From Google's perspective it would be easier to not ban anything that isn't illegal, but since they do go beyond the requirements of the law it also means they'll constantly have a lot of work to do in terms of making the site logically consistent.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-09-12 at 02:37 AM.

if it gets picked up by major media, that youtube is getting ad revenue from this, they would start policing it like mad. it should already be against their community guidelines, report the videos.

I mean...all this really shows is how stupid the complaints about partisan censorship are.

Youtube's content policing is just whack in general. Those covid videos of Thunderfoot's were probably hit because the whole topic is a hot button issue that the site would rather not have to deal with. Either that or the fans of the people he was responding to reported them. Or both...

Hell, some years ago, another youtuber pointed out that there were """tutorial""" videos of women shaving their crotches and foreign sex films on youtube that nothing was being done about.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I mean...all this really shows is how stupid the complaints about partisan censorship are.

Youtube's content policing is just whack in general. Those covid videos of Thunderfoot's were probably hit because the whole topic is a hot button issue that the site would rather not have to deal with. Either that or the fans of the people he was responding to reported them. Or both...

Hell, some years ago, another youtuber pointed out that there were """tutorial""" videos of women shaving their crotches and foreign sex films on youtube that nothing was being done about.
    It's still ironic tho that a video debunking a conspiracy is taken off for "promoting a conspiracy" but the original conspiracy video is up fine and dandy.

I'm not gonna watch the video the OP linked, not giving that shit more views tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep YouTube is a private platform and Thunderfoot has no business trying to educate anyone on anything.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yep YouTube is a private platform and Thunderfoot has no business trying to educate anyone on anything.
    YouTube has such a massive social influence that it really shouldn't matter anymore.

He sure does. He's a qualified scientist.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    YouTube has such a massive social influence that it really shouldn't matter anymore.

He sure does. He's a qualified scientist.
    Alex Jones is a scone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ye, fuck actual scientists tell people whats FACTUALLY right and not, fuck that noise.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Cowardly and pathetic people who harm animals online for views should be crucified for everyone to watch.
    Do you hear the voices too?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it’s absurd. There’s this pro-zoophile podcast I’ve been reporting for a few months now and it’s still up.

10+ Year Old Account
    YouTube have been making a lot of... "odd" choices lately.

This guy (Mannix) was making videos calling out the creators of the 'Cuties' film on Netflix and got hit with this:

10+ Year Old Account
    yes because clearly scientists have no clue what they are talking about and youtube clearly knows better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    YouTube have been making a lot of... "odd" choices lately.

This guy (Mannix) was making videos calling out the creators of the 'Cuties' film on Netflix and got hit with this:

i wonder how much netflix is paying them to flag that content.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    yes because clearly scientists have no clue what they are talking about and youtube clearly knows better. t.
    Thunderfoot is an idiot with no credibility.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Thunderfoot is an idiot with no credibility.
    Why is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is that?
    How many videos about Anita Sarcisian does he make per week? Is it still at least 1 per week, as it was just a few weeks ago?

Have you seen him debate a creationist? If you haven’t, watch it... not his version that he cut up to not seem like such a moron, but the raw footage.

Did he happen to mention that Wrestling YouTube videos were getting dinged for simply mentioning corona, in the context of shows being cancelled? Did he mention that comic book YouTube videos were getting dinged, because a spider man issue with the first appearance of a villain called corona spiking in price? A UK wresting channel is getting around it, by calling it the Steve Corino (wrestler).
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How many videos about Anita Sarcisian does he make per week? Is it still at least 1 per week, as it was just a few weeks ago?

Have you seen him debate a creationist? If you haven’t, watch it... not his version that he cut up to not seem like such a moron, but the raw footage.

Did he happen to mention that Wrestling YouTube videos were getting dinged for simply mentioning corona, in the context of shows being cancelled? Did he mention that comic book YouTube videos were getting dinged, because a spider man issue with the first appearance of a villain called corona spiking in price? A UK wresting channel is getting around it, by calling it the Steve Corino (wrestler).
    No idea, I don't watch him for political stuff, only his science and debunking videos.

I'm super liberal, an animal rights activist and a vegan. Anyone hurting or torturing animals should be stopped. I personally hope anyone that tortures animals (or people for that matter) suffer the same fate they inflicted.

But Youtube is a private company and are allowed to decide what content can and can't be on their site as long as laws aren't being broken.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: I misread the OP.

No idea, I don't watch him for political stuff, only his science and debunking videos.
    I enjoyed Thunderf00t when he was debating creationists, those were great. I lost interest in him when he started going further and further right wing. I haven't watched any of his material since like 2010-12 so I don't really know, or care, what he's doing now.
    Putin khuliyo