10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Nothing will change until Cousins, Zimmer, and Spielmen are gone.
    Be careful what you wish for...

There has been some horrendous o-line play, but I guess that is expected when they don't have any live reps as a unit.

Almost as bad as whatever the Chargers are wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Be careful what you wish for...
    Having suffered through the Childress/Singletary and Ponder/Web/Tjack days fairly recently, at least people wouldn't be heaping praise on them for continually failing to live up to expectations because the expectations would already be low.

At this point I just have zero faith that Speilman and Zimmer can put together an actual Super Bowl contender. I'd love for them to prove me wrong, but betting on the Vikings falling apart in the playoffs is one of the safest bets in the NFL =\

15+ Year Old Account
    They might even knock the Saints out again though they'll lose to anyone else.
    Highlight of every postseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Cam Jordan getting suspended?

https://streamable.com/qcpizv
    Jesus maybe that looked really brutal if he punched someone while down. Maybe another camera caught it

10+ Year Old Account
    Brady and Tampa gobbling up them garbage stats.

Then again, last year the Saints were the worst onside recovery team imaginable.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm so confused by the Buccs 2 point attempt. Not getting it puts them down 11, getting it would've still been two scores at 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

I love that fuck you playcall with the trick play.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I'm so confused by the Buccs 2 point attempt. Not getting it puts them down 11, getting it would've still been two scores at 9.
    Was wondering the same thing. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Was wondering the same thing. Makes no sense.
    Maybe that is why the Saints decided to trick play and throw it for a big gain, because it just pissed them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Maybe that is why the Saints decided to trick play and throw it for a big gain, because it just pissed them off.
    Then went for it on 4th down when the game was already over. I think Sean Payton being Sean Payton is the real reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Gilmore was such a good pick. Glad Romo mentioned that when we first got Gilmore there was so much skepticism. Look at our guy now.
    You didn't pick Gilmore. We did. The Buffalo Bills.

We couldn't pay him, so we just drafted a better CB in Tre'davious White.

(Bill not really a great drafter, imo).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I don't know why teams are going for 2 unless its just for practice. The Vikings did the same thing, converting a 2-point try to make it a 9 point deficit. Why? Who knows? Trailing by 9 isn't any better than trailing by 10, but trailing by 11 seems much worse.
    /s

I don't know why teams are going for 2 unless its just for practice. The Vikings did the same thing, converting a 2-point try to make it a 9 point deficit. Why? Who knows? Trailing by 9 isn't any better than trailing by 10, but trailing by 11 seems much worse.
    My guess is it's because it gives them a chance to win if they can somehow get two scores as opposed to only tying the game if they get two scores.

Plus, as silly as it is, losing by 9 looks better than losing by 10 even though it's essentially the same thing. Humans are weird like that =/

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is it's because it gives them a chance to win if they can somehow get two scores as opposed to only tying the game if they get two scores.

Plus, as silly as it is, losing by 9 looks better than losing by 10 even though it's essentially the same thing. Humans are weird like that =/
    They can still try and win by going for two later. In this case they risk having to convert a two point to even tie it up if they're down 11.

- - - Updated - - -

Man the Rams look bad. They're playing well but their unis are so awful.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    People need to chill out. No pre-season, barely any practice if at all for most of these players. The season just started. Relax.
    Nah. Same old Falcons with or without practice.
    They are running about how Ryan passed Elway in passing yardage... Garbage stats are garbage.
    Only stat I care about:
    Super Bowl Wins:
    Elway: 2 (One against the Falcons)
    Ryan: 0

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Damnit Harry. Instead of 21-3 it's now 14-11 for the Patriots, after Harry fumbled out of the side of the endzone for a touchback (aka the dumbest rule in football). This is a game again now.
    What else would it be?

If a player intercepts in the endzone and doesn't leave it is a touchback. If a player fumbles into the endzone and the other team recovers it is a touchback.

What would you have it, dead ball at the spot of the fumble? That would be the only way to do it as a fumble out of bounds in the field of play is at the spot of the fumble if it goes forward (however, the spot were it goes out of bounds if it goes backwards. Fumbles can't move the ball forward, but they can move it backwards apparently.)
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not a football season until a cowboys star LB gets hurt.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You didn't pick Gilmore. We did. The Buffalo Bills.

We couldn't pay him, so we just drafted a better CB in Tre'davious White.

Bill drafts differently than a lot of the NFL, but he uses the picks more as tools to get players that have some proven talent.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Who IS a great drafter then? who has been a better drafter, consistently, since Bill took over the Patriots?

I'm guessing you are going to trot out the tired cliche of him not having drafted probowlers, when the pro bowl voting has largely been a popularity contest and the Patriots are rarely popular.

I think drafting is also just 1 part of what is the greater football field of Talent Evaluation. And Bill knows how to evaluate talent like few others.

The core of the Patriots Superbowl winning teams of the past 6 years have pretty much all been drafted by Belichick. How is that not being a good drafter?

And more to the point of talent evaluation, BB has gotten talented players from EVERYWHERE. He drafted them, traded for them, signed them as free agents. He clearly knows how to find players that fit his system. So if his talent evaluation is that on point, then how does it make sense that he apparently loses that when looking at players in the draft? It doesn't. Bill is a great talent evaluator, and that's true in all fields of talent aquisition, including drafting.