View Poll Results: Will you remain in classic when TBC comes out?

Voters
429. This poll is closed
  • Yes

70 16.32%
  • No

312 72.73%
  • I don't know

47 10.96%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGAForLife View Post
    Do we know for certain TBC is releasing?
    Let me put it this way, if you were to bet on TBC not happening, you'd probably lose the bet.

They sent out polls on how to roll out TBC servers a few months ago and Ion said that TBC is the "logical next step" in an interview.
    Not to mention the boost in subs that Classic brought.

The announcement was most likely planned this years Blizzcon, but now has to wait until their digital event in January.
    There is quite frankly no proper event to announce TBC servers, Blizzcon 19 would've been too early and on the Gamescon 2020 stream they announced SL release and they are unlikely to have two major announcement on gamescon.

Also, former Nostalrius dev tweeted that TBC Beta is planned for March / April 2021.

Obviously, information can be
    1. False
    2. Subject to change

https://twitter.com/NanoNost/status/1303392668765085697

10+ Year Old Account
    In vanilla, the 6 month gap from Naxx to TBC was too short for many guilds to see and clear Naxx. In Classic, that will likely be too long. On my medium pop server 24 guilds are 9/9 AQ40 and more are 7 or 8/9. Some of those have 2 raids clearing it. Almost all of these are 2 night kills, many are 1 night kills. This is under 1 month in. By 3 months (probably long before), all of the 24 who are clearing now will have this down as a short one night clear.

Naxx will take a little longer just because there are, what, 15 bosses in there? But again, by 3 months in, it will be on easy farm for the top 20 or so guilds on most servers (again, probably way before 3 months...).

All of this is to say that I don't see a reason to stay. Virtually any guild that wants to will clear Naxx within 6 months of release unless they are terminally bad or simply can't field 40 people. Or unless they don't really want to.
    Last edited by clevin; 2020-09-10 at 09:11 PM.

TBC still has that vanilla athmosphere plus has ALOT more content and off specs from hybrid classes are somewhat playable end game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably play TBC if they can port our Classic character(s) to the TBC server. I highly doubt I'll play it if I have to start at level 1 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Let me put it this way, if you were to bet on TBC not happening, you'd probably lose the bet.

They sent out polls on how to roll out TBC servers a few months ago and Ion said that TBC is the "logical next step" in an interview.
    Not to mention the boost in subs that Classic brought.

The announcement was most likely planned this years Blizzcon, but now has to wait until their digital event in January.
    There is quite frankly no proper event to announce TBC servers, Blizzcon 19 would've been too early and on the Gamescon 2020 stream they announced SL release and they are unlikely to have two major announcement on gamescon.

Also, former Nostalrius dev tweeted that TBC Beta is planned for March / April 2021.

Obviously, information can be
    1. False
    2. Subject to change

https://twitter.com/NanoNost/status/1303392668765085697
    Exactly - people are idiots though so what can ya' do. TBC and WotLK are quite literally guaranteed to happen. It stops at WotLK for numerous reasons, the main 1 being a sharp decline in subs.

There are some things I prefer about Classic, and some TBC. If they release TBC I will surely play at least some. I have to admit many of the class changes in TBC are excellent.

I can almost guarantee that there will not be any copying/duplicating of characters. You will likely have some options for transfers but not copy.

You have to think about the financial aspect in all of this too. Blizzard wont have 40 classic servers running in parallel to TBC servers, when by and large its the same playerbase that is getting split up. Current classic servers will just be barren wastelands after TBC hits. The vast majority will be done and dusted with classic when naxx has run its course.

-Current servers will be "upgraded to TBC servers" if you wish to still play classic you are most likely gonna have to transfer to a classic server which will stay in a post naxx state forever.
    -The other way around would be an option too (current servers stay classic and you have to transfer to play TBC) but that is more of a logistical challenge with servers being dead and more cost by Blizzard) because the majority will spend their time in TBC. You cant have a ton of classic servers with nobody playing.

I'd say maybe there will be enough ppl that wants to stay on a post naxx classic to have 1 healthy pop server.

Damn I voted wrong.

TBC was far superior in every way so yes, I would leave Classic behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    Damn I voted wrong.

TBC was far superior in every way so yes, I would leave Classic behind.
    And twinking was most fun in TBC!

I dont mind classic per se - but FUCK i'm tired of farming for hours outside raid only for the raids to be piss easy. I welcome to non world buffs and a little more balance that tbc brings. Also at least a little harder raids.

Fuck the mentality people have in classic
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Exactly - people are idiots though so what can ya' do. TBC and WotLK are quite literally guaranteed to happen. It stops at WotLK for numerous reasons, the main 1 being a sharp decline in subs.
    Because as everybody knows, nobody quit WoW from Classic through WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    I can almost guarantee that there will not be any copying/duplicating of characters. You will likely have some options for transfers but not copy.

You have to think about the financial aspect in all of this too. Blizzard wont have 40 classic servers running in parallel to TBC servers, when by and large its the same playerbase that is getting split up. Current classic servers will just be barren wastelands after TBC hits. The vast majority will be done and dusted with classic when naxx has run its course.

-Current servers will be "upgraded to TBC servers" if you wish to still play classic you are most likely gonna have to transfer to a classic server which will stay in a post naxx state forever.
    -The other way around would be an option too (current servers stay classic and you have to transfer to play TBC) but that is more of a logistical challenge with servers being dead and more cost by Blizzard) because the majority will spend their time in TBC. You cant have a ton of classic servers with nobody playing.

I'd say maybe there will be enough ppl that wants to stay on a post naxx classic to have 1 healthy pop server.
    Or you know, copy paste the current servers, slap TBC on it and keep the current servers as they are and merge servers accordingly to how the server population adjusts

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Because as everybody knows, nobody quit WoW from Classic through WotLK.
    Of course people quit from classic to WotLK. Did they quit in droves of upwards of 2 million people in 2 months? No.

The main one being the abandonment of all the game's RPG elements in Cata.

Of course people quit from classic to WotLK. Did they quit in droves of upwards of 2 million people in 2 months? No.
    Oh, nice of you to share with us the contents of Blizzard's retention data that they've never publicly shared.

Oh, nice of you to share with us the contents of Blizzard's retention data that they've never publicly shared.
    I mean Blizzard used to publicly share sub loss and gain until it got too low to share.

I mean Blizzard used to publicly share sub loss and gain until it got too low to share.
    Incorrect. They published subscriber numbers which is only one half of the equation. They have never published the number of new players that the game attracted which is what we would need to know in order to make a claim like "2 million players lost in 2 months."

Incorrect. They published subscriber numbers which is only one half of the equation. They have never published the number of new players that the game attracted which is what we would need to know in order to make a claim like "2 million players lost in 2 months."
    All you need to do is look at Cata, MoP and WoD sub loss. It’s even worse in WoD lmao

And that is precisely why they will not do any servers after WotLK. Too much risk for very little gain, thank god.

All you need to do is look at Cata, MoP and WoD sub loss. It’s even worse in WoD lmao

And that is precisely why they will not do any servers after WotLK. Too much risk for very little gain, thank god.
    You are gleaming incorrect conclusions from incomplete data. You can see a trend of downward subscriber levels but who's to say that people quitting WoW remained exactly the same as it was from Classic through WotLK, they simply didn't offset the number of people quitting with new subscribers? You can't possibly know that. That's why any argument which uses subscriber levels to support it is ultimately completely flawed -- you're only looking at one half of the information.

You are gleaming incorrect conclusions from incomplete data. You can see a trend of downward subscriber levels but who's to say that people quitting WoW remained exactly the same as it was from Classic through WotLK, they simply didn't offset the number of people quitting with new subscribers? You can't possibly know that. That's why any argument which uses subscriber levels to support it is ultimately completely flawed -- you're only looking at one half of the information.
    I’ve never thought about it that way but I still don’t see why it’s a connection. Sub loss is sub loss, that’s that. Why did the people who cancelled their sub not resubscribe? I’m willing to bet it’s because the direction they took the game.