Poll: Should you be able to watch your food order being prepped Online?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

Tracking your Order Online Should you be allowed to watch them prep it?

One of the things I've gotten used to with ordering a thing here and there in this day and age is this whole idea of being able to track your order, especially for food.

However one thing I have yet to see is the ability to video monitor say a kitchen where said item is being made, so it begs the question.

Should you be allowed to watch them prep it?

Yes

Would it make you feel better about ordering an item?

Yep

When you order do you watch the food tracking process(BE HONEST)?

lol Yes sometimes!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

What a colossal waste of time and money that would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    What a colossal waste of time and money that would be.
    Good way to keep people accountable and establish trust with customers. Most business already has cameras, just turn them on employees and establish a life stream viola!

Makes money
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

i won't be satisfied until they strap a gopro to every order so i can see why there is a dent in the side of my package!

Kind of have an idea of what I’m getting from my places, so not worried and need that level of assurance. Think about watching them make your food instead of you doing something else productive, during delivery. Hibachi is a good place to go if you want to see this.

why dont you put a microchip in the back of thier heads to monitor productivity as well.

Allowed? Sure.

The big problem with this would be the fact that if this would become the norm it would be another massive advantage for franchises and big corporations.

The logistics involved with setting this up (kitchen space, right angles, software and hardware) wouldn't be an issue for big companies but it would be another money sink for small businesses already struggling to compete with the big franchises. They really don't need another fancy but ultimately stupid money/time sink.

If you're this paranoid about your food...you shouldn't order it over the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    When you order do you watch the food tracking process(BE HONEST)?
    I'm convinced the whole tracker gimmick is bullshit after what happened to me the other day.

I ordered some Dominoes, I didn't bother looking at the tracker while they were making it, only to see when they left the store and I could expect my food. It showed the guy left the store at whatever time and showed a little GPS tracker of him supposedly driving to my house; said he would arrive in nine minutes.

Couple minutes later I look at it and the tracker shows him driving down my street, I looked outside and there were no cars on my street. It then showed him parked outside my house, no car outside my house. I was about to call them and ask what was up, but it had only been like 30 minutes since I ordered and their delivery window was simply listed as less than one hour, so I just waited.

Like twenty minutes later someone else saw my food just sitting outside as they went to grab their own order that was being delivered from somewhere else... Whenever the delivery guy showed up in that 20 minute span, he just left my food laying on my front step and didn't even ring the doorbell or knock on the door. The tracker also never updated even after the delivery and still showed he was just parked outside.

Good way to keep people accountable and establish trust with customers. Most business already has cameras, just turn them on employees and establish a life stream viola!

Makes money
    No. Strangers watching you do your work? What the hell? Do you also get to watch the cook prep your meal in a restaurant? Unless it's part of their "thing", no you don't.

That's probably also illegal in Germany. Screw "money" for corporations. Protect employee privacy dude.

Indifferent to whether one should be "allowed."
    If a company should make that a selling point, then that's on them.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. They may want to pack it when I can not watch it. Besides, if the order is done crappy, you can call and complain. If they continue, stop buying from them. It would also add more costs to your order. Not worth it.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    @StayTuned Well said. It is, however, a question about watching people with video cameras. Consider who posted it.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Dumb and unnecessary. It will increase costs by the company which will be passed down to the consumer, all for pretty much no real benefit. Most companies already will fully refund/replace any messed up order so what would be the purpose of this? To spy on people at work? If I wanted to do that I'd simply go into my super secret spy room that's connected to cameras in every one of your bathrooms. You should get that mole checked out, by the way.

I think that would be a little silly since restaurants already pretty rely on rep/word of mouth a lot of times anyways. I can't imagine places would risk closing/losing money unless they just had a really disgruntled cook who didn't care that particular day.

Makes money
    Cool, I too wanna watch some underpaid warehouse worker with brutal quotas trying to keep up with packaging orders. That's in no way a weird invasion of their privacy when they may just wanna be left the fuck alone to do their jobs rather than have neckbeards harassing their employers to troll them.

It won't make money. It's a gross invasion of privacy and not something anyone should support. Warehouse employees are already fucked hard enough as-is, why add more bullshit on top of their plates? This doesn't even solve anything, if your package is fucked up you contact the seller or the shipper and deal with them like normal.

We just complain and get free shit if it looks fucked with, plus the delivery people cannot get into the bags without it being obvious they got into the bags since there are special stickers on top of staples they use that let you know if there has been tampering.