Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Anybody knows how long ago it was added to the game?
    With renewed Karazhan or later?
    8.2 I believe.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I strongly suggest scouting out the locations of the food in Kara before picking any up. All of them are found after the Opera Event. some are located in the rooms leading up to Maiden, some are found in Moroes boss fight room, some are found near Attumen and some are found in the spider rooms.

imagine if devs stop wasting time on idiotic things like that and spend that time for example designing better armour. or tuning the game better

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    You can absolutely do it solo but it takes time to pick up all the foods, and rush back to the opera room to place them (they despawn from your inventory after 5 minutes and just moving around Karazhan between food pickup spots and the opera can take that long because it's a big instance). Zoning into an instance where someone has already placed the food saves time and effort, but no, it's not hard to do solo. It probably took me 30 minutes, although I went and cleared everything around the Opera, Moroes and Maiden in advance so I wouldn't have to deal with mobs once I started gathering the food, and I still had to go back and get two pieces of food after they despawned.

If my instance hadn't reset after I'd left, I would have happily shared it with folks to save them that time.
    yeah, i did it solo, you just have to clean all mob on the way, memorize the 8 food you need, the way to do and put on paper the 8 emplacement you have to put the food and its done easily

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I think this was solved after a hint from Amara, the girl who spawned the Jenafur secret in the first place as part of her Make-a-Wish trip to Blizzard HQ. At least if her gofundme campaign is to be believed. Either that or it's a crazy coincidence that the secret is solved just as the gofundme campaign hits the 5k goal. It's a good cause in any case, so I'm happy to see it supported, but glad to finally see this very long lived secret solved.
    what a disgusting country you live in that you need People to donate that you MAYBE survive cancer

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    imagine if devs stop wasting time on idiotic things like that and spend that time for example designing better armour. or tuning the game better
    im sure its only one or 2-3 dev who did it and probably not in the team who do raid, balance etc .. =P

You do realize you're delegating activities from different areas to the same team, right? Designers and devs are different things (though one person can be both). You're also mentioning art design, an entire different craft within a huge game. Tuning is also another topic and has nothing to do with art OR secret/fun mini game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    You do realize you're delegating activities from different areas to the same team, right? Designers and devs are different things (though one person can be both). You're also mentioning art design, an entire different craft within a huge game. Tuning is also another topic and has nothing to do with art OR secret/fun mini game design.
    Do you work for Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Do you work for Blizzard?
    You don't need to work at Blizzard to know the art team isn't the one coding in secrets.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You don't need to work at Blizzard to know the art team isn't the one coding in secrets.
    Really? A development can involve many sections of an organisation. Who knows? Unless ofcourse you work there.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Really? A development can involve many sections of an organisation. Who knows? Unless ofcourse you work there.
    Yes but the original accusation is suggesting resources that could have been spent elsewhere were wasted to add this feel-good puzzle. How about we try asking the person who made the original accusation if he/she worked in Blizz?
    Last edited by catalystical; 2020-09-14 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by idnn View Post
    what a disgusting country you live in that you need People to donate that you MAYBE survive cancer
    The gofundme in question is merely collecting money to donate it to Fibro liver cancer research. Amara is actually already cured of her own cancer as far as I'm aware. I think the gofundme website name is perhaps a bit misleading in this case as Amara's not asking anyone to fund herself.

That said, I think universal health care is a necessity moving forward. But even that wouldn't guarantee surviving cancer, so I'm glad Amara was at least cured and is doing her part to help others.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    Yes but the original accusation is suggesting resources that could have been spent elsewhere were wasted to add this feel-good puzzle. That accusation is indeed unsubstantiated.
    Yes, but we do know some resources were used. In any case any release that effects the 'live' system has impacts on even unrelated development teams particularly where that code is in a shared program.

Easier to do it solo than with a group.

This is what I dislike about those "secrets" in WoW. Their solutions aren't clean or elegant. They require data mining and practically brute-forcing by dozens of people.
    Still, a lot of people seemed to have fun with it, so that's still nice devs keep adding those.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    This is what I dislike about those "secrets" in WoW. Their solutions aren't clean or elegant. They require data mining and practically brute-forcing by dozens of people.
    Still, a lot of people seemed to have fun with it, so that's still nice devs keep adding those.
    I dunno man, I think their big secrets have been great. Hivemind, Kosmouth and Lucid were all fantastic. One of the best additions to the game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    I dunno man, I think their big secrets have been great. Hivemind, Kosmouth and Lucid were all fantastic. One of the best additions to the game for me.
    Other secrets have been really fun to solve. But this one did leave a bit of sour taste for a lot of people involved because they trusted that secrets would not require either data mining or using out of the game resources like the music sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Easier to do it solo than with a group.
    Easier to do in a group - because all I had to do was click the cat, because there was no way I could collect and place the food within 5 minutes.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

how is granting the wish of a kid with a potentially terminal illness a waste of time?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Easier to do in a group - because all I had to do was click the cat, because there was no way I could collect and place the food within 5 minutes.
    Food despawn after it has been placed is a different timer. So you have 5min to carry the food and then the food will stay on the ground for another 5min. It's best to get half of the food, place them and then get the rest.