Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I do hope we see Garrosh being tortured in the Revendreth video. Only for him to not repent his sons and get punted into the Maw, never to be seen again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i think the problem here is an over exaggeration of his problem and people trying to reduce the character as just that, or using the "issue" as something to ''denigrate" or minimize the character, like he have some disease or that alone invalidate him completely and make him a bad characacter.

Having "daddy issues" is a fuckton common, of course Garrosh had but isn't like his only thing, that is a flaw that helped build the character, make him feel real, with a real and mundane problem that anyone can have, unlike other characters who are perfect with no flaws you could understand Garrosh.
    Of course it wasn't his only trait, there are other aspects concerning Garrosh of course. Formidable warrior, charismatic leader, even an extremist with a firm ideological vision. That being said, the issue with his father's legacy is the most defining aspect, even more then it was with Arthas, since Grom's shadow influenced Garrosh's life from beginning to end. Going far to even deny its existence is hilarious.

Also, there is a fine line between respect with his dad father and proud with daddy issues. Don't think Garrosh fit the manchild like Arthas, since Arthas was a human prince with everything in golden plate, as an orc there isn't place for shit like that by default
    I admit mine is a provocation and "manchild" is an intended hyperbole. This perception is given by both characters because they seemed to hold similar insecurities. Make no mistake, both were way above the average Orc and Human, they had immense potential and actually had no reason to be that insecure: they were nothing but slaves of their own demons, who doomed them to follow certain paths out of their emotional issues.

He went to orc heaven
    But Draka herself is in Maldraxxus, after all. Garrosh really belongs to Revendreth, he's the Orc Kael'thas in many ways. Despite the notion that I "hate" Garrosh coming from some blockheads, I would never attempt to throw Garrosh into the Maw; he was a fallen Warchief full of pride, whose arrogance led him to his downfall. He's the perfect profile to join that realm, with the likely idea of subsequentely going to Maldraxxus after he "repented".
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2020-09-01 at 08:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    But Draka herself is in Maldraxxus, after all. Garrosh really belongs to Revendreth, he's the Orc Kael'thas in many ways. Despite the notion that I "hate" Garrosh coming from some blockheads, I would never attempt to throw Garrosh into the Maw; he was a fallen Warchief full of pride, whose arrogance led him to his downfall. He's the perfect profile to join that realm, with the likely idea of subsequentely going to Maldraxxus after he "repented".
    Draka going to maldraxxus simple show that the afterlife don't make any sense, and it will depends on blizzard humor, i doubt they will make any sot of tentative of coherence on then, so i do hope we don't see him and he went to orc heaven, let him be done

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Draka going to maldraxxus simple show that the afterlife don't make any sense, and it will depends on blizzard humor, i doubt they will make any sot of tentative of coherence on then, so i do hope we don't see him and he went to orc heaven, let him be done
    The problem with the Shadowlands is that those four covenants seem way too limited to capture all kinds of races' afterlives. Trolls shoved into Ardenweald through "the Other Side" is quite the stretch already, and other races don't even have that. Sure, the realms they follow certain ethical ideas but does not seem to give shape to any proper afterlife many of these races should potentially have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The problem with the Shadowlands is that those four covenants seem way too limited to capture all kinds of races' afterlives. Trolls shoved into Ardenweald through "the Other Side" is quite the stretch already, and other races don't even have that. Sure, the realms they follow certain ethical ideas but does not seem to give shape to any proper afterlife many of these races should potentially have.
    The Covenants do not capture all races' afterlives - actually only a minority, or else we'd been seeing tons of familiar forces as opposed to just a handful. The Covenants are basically just the primary functionaries of Oribos and the ecosystem of souls - they all service Oribos and the Arbiter in some direct fashion, whereas the other as-yet unseen afterlife realms exist solely for the benefit of their inhabitants. The Kyrians serve Oribos as psychopomps and couriers of souls, the Necrolords serve as the military arm of Oribos, the Night Fae recycle souls back into life and handle the afterlives of those rare souls are who supposed to be reborn or reincarnated in death (nurturing them until they can be reconstituted), and finally the Venthyr punish and reform souls as a last-ditch effort to save them from eternal damnation in the Maw. The Other Side of Bwonsamdi's keeping is an example of a non-Covenant afterlife for Trolls, one of the infinity that exist within the scope of the Shadowlands proper. Due to the machinations going on with the Maw and the Jailer, our travels are predominantly concerned with those realms (the Covenant realms) whose purposes are an extension of Oribos and the Arbiter.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    "Garrosh is too deep for you!" LOL.

Which in no way lessens Grom being a berserk button for him.

You're actually trying to use player and mob levels to claim Garrosh is strong than Deathwing and so on. Well done, I took the bait and replied.
    Of course, no arguments... why even bother being on a forum.

I love Garrosh so much,but they totally ruined this amazing character in mop.

Quote Originally Posted by XalAtoh View Post
    Of course, no arguments... why even bother being on a forum.
    But you're the one sticking his fingers in his ears whenever someone actually brings up Garrosh's flaws.

Garrosh RUINED the Horde. He was literally Hitler of Azeroth. Garrosh, so called "Hero of Northrend", (I dont even know what he did to earn that title. His expedition was a failure if not for PC characters and Argent Crusade Ebon Blade Alliance/the Ashen Verdict) was planing to attack Alliance keep in Borean Tundra. When we were in peace time AND Scourge was on his doorstep raising an undead army!!!
    Now ofc Garrosh is not a one sided character. He was a well written VILLIAN of the story. Thrall had a lot of blame on his failure, but he still was a villian and should not be whitewashed. I remember first time enterin SoO and seeing tortured and killed members of the Horde IN ORGRIMMAR where they should've been safe was where they were murdered! Fuck Garrosh. I hope they bring him back so we can kill him again! And show him what the Horde truly means!
    Last edited by Magister of Quelthalas; 2020-09-04 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    YEAH they actually did say that he was supposed to have a more heroic and redemptive story arc originally during the conception of the character, I knew there wasn't a glitch in the matrix, I remember them saying that many times that they changed what they wanted the character to be and do based on fan reception, I remember talking to a guild mate on how they Jason Todded him!
    Ah! Didn’t know, thank you for sharing!

Best character? Nice objectivity, given your profile pic.

I have a feeling he's going to get killed in the ravendreth cinematic...and there will be an outrage. And blizzard will deserve every bit of hate going their way for wasting the greatest warchief there ever was or will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I have a feeling he's going to get killed in the ravendreth cinematic...and there will be an outrage. And blizzard will deserve every bit of hate going their way for wasting the greatest warchief there ever was or will be.
    Yeah I think they're bringing him back to re-kill him and/or put him in the Maw given he hasn't been datamined as an NPC. Garrosh isn't a character that the current staff will be too fond of especially given that they just got finished re-doing Mists. My only hope otherwise is that Afrasiabi was none too happy about Garrosh being the one to go in Mists.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

In terms of Antagonist, he worked, in terms of well written he was horrible. Plenty of writers who have shown over the years so many ways it could have been done better with more consistency to the point that Blizzard acknowledged their fuck-up with stating that our Garrosh 'was the worst version possible'.

Is it something they can recover from without resorting to using Alternate Universe versions? I am not sure. Would I want to see him back in Shadowlands? As a cameo tops to be honest. But he could be a faction leader for the horde in the Shadowlands if our presence ends up being longer then one expansion, though leaving the Shadowlands is even less likely for him.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

So far, those shorts were all about death and how each realm works in the Shadowlands. In each one of them, we find a familiar character (more or less) and how they go through theyr death.
    We also know that Denathrius, the lord of Revendreth, has joined force with the Jailer and feed the Maw with anima. We found litteraly no trace of Garrosh anywhere in the beta.
    My theory is they are going to show us Garrosh being harvested of his anima instead of getting his chance at redemption like he's supposed to. We know than when you die in the Shadowlands you become anima. I wouldn't be suprise to see Garrosh die in the short next week. It's not like there is anything left to tell about his character and it would give a similar vibe to the Ardenweald one with Ursoc.

We can only hope he‘ll show Simpvanas what happens when she is not watching her clever mouth

Quote Originally Posted by XalAtoh View Post
    With Garrosh return
    He's not returning. They already fit in their orc pick with Draka. They're going to highlight other notable characters long before they would ever bring back Garrosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Unlike kaelthas, garrosh will be denied of redemption for some reason and be dropped on maw... no notice of him in any revendreth quests

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yeah I think they're bringing him back to re-kill him and/or put him in the Maw given he hasn't been datamined as an NPC. Garrosh isn't a character that the current staff will be too fond of especially given that they just got finished re-doing Mists. My only hope otherwise is that Afrasiabi was none too happy about Garrosh being the one to go in Mists.
    That would be a very small hope in my opinion. Afrasiabi isn't really a good writer himself, so i don't want to know what he would do with Garrosh. I'd be extremely surprised if he returned him more or less to his Cataclysm self. Which would mean we'd have another conflict with the Night Elves and as warriors in WoW can only be pathetic weaklings in comparison to some other characters who use magic, there is literally no reason under these circumstances why an angry Malfurion could not one shot him. Another problem is that Afrasiabi seems to have a habit in real life to cater to the will of women and be a political correct, submissive white knight. Which would only end in Golden taking control of the narrative, which would mean Garrosh being changed/healed by our treasure. In Warcrimes it was already stated that Anduin came very close in changing Garroshs views.

Aside from all that, in Ardenweald we see that the forces in the Shadowlands also have the option to kill off a soul completely. Same as fel magic can consume a soul completely. So the writers would also have the option to eradicate the soul of MU Garrosh completely.

Nonetheless, it would be better if Afrasiabi just creates a new orc characters that is more to his liking. He has a lot of option with the MU Orcs and Maghar Clans. Bringing back Garrosh is quite unnecessary. Although i'd say he would have been a good choice for Maldraxxus. Although i think i'd prefer Doomhammer even more.
    Last edited by Reinhart11; 2020-09-13 at 08:53 AM.

How sweet that you remember me. Tragic then, that I have no idea who the fuck are you, nor I have a single reason to care. But no, I was never obsessed with hating Garrosh (even though I'll not be hypocritical and not admit I never, ever liked the character) all I did was mostly deconstructing all the biblical amount of bullshit spouted by the character's most blockheaded fans.

Anyway, I'm glad that the mere act of posting anything after so much time still annoys the likes of you. So damn amusing.
    Lots of words stating nothing. No wonder that a Troll player acts like a Troll.