Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Yeah, it's nice to see he's finally putting his money where his mouth is. If it helps Biden win Florida or even other critical battleground states, since it will force the GOP on the defensive here in Florida and money spent here can't be spent elsewhere, so much the better.
    I really don't see Biden winning Florida (though if he did it would pretty much be the death knell of Trump's path to victory), but at the very least it would force the Trump campaign to divert more funds there.

If Bloomberg can force Trump to waste money on winning his own home state, that’s a good move. Biden really needs to ensure he wins Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan. Those are the key locations. But I’m gonna say as far as his campaign spend is concerned, he’s alright. Bernie is on point in saying people want to hear more about his campaign specifics. But he’s rolling out the economic initiatives at the right time. He just needs to keep the pace and ensure the average Joe of all colours is enthused to vote and gets out there. Low turnout will be a death knell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It's happening again.

Actors wanted...

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ev...187238111.html
    Playing Devil's Advocate, anyone can set listings like that.

Now I wouldn't put it past Trump to pay people to pay to pretend to support them given that he did that when he first announced his candidacy.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Playing Devil's Advocate, anyone can set listings like that.

Now I wouldn't put it past Trump to pay people to pay to pretend to support them given that he did that when he first announced his candidacy.
    Oh I know. It was some rando the last time too. I just find it funny coming from the side that claims "the left" is hiring crisis actors all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Trump's approval rating has been steadily improving since July. Now at 44.9%. Still lower than Obama's ( 49% ) was this time before his reelection however. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html
    Imagine bragging that a majority of the country still hates Trump, like "slightly less people now hate him" and considering it "winning."
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2020-09-14 at 09:47 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

It's been a while since we've had a bit of Godwin's Law...

“At the crest of their popular strength, the NAZIs had attained but 37% of the vote. But the 63% were too divided and shortsighted to combine against a common danger”

-The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    hopefully he get's the position of "thank you kindly for your money, now gtfo!" Ya know, the same position Trump has given almost every single person that's helped him along the way.
    I don't think you want to use that example Gordon Sordoland and Louis Dejoy not to mention the Mercers pretty much picked most of Trump's cabinet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Football is back bitches! Thanks to an orange ‘roid, it now features politics! A couple of things...

The protests... I think the Seahawks and Falcons had the most... uhm... interesting protest. During the anthem, you had everything. Players kneeling, fist in the air, hand in hand chain and group huddles. Then, they kneeled on kick off... have not seen that yet. They kneeled during the actual game... the initial kick off, but still... both teams united to not play the first play of the game. Interesting stuff... announcers were either confused or very supportive.

The general ads... A lot of social justice ads, with that LaDainian Tomlinson speech getting a lot of play. Here is the unedited version, they cut into 30 sec ads:

The Trump vs Biden ads... Apparently, Biden is running on healthcare, environment and workers, with ads that focused on all three, with direct shots at Trump over ACA dismantling. Trump’s ads are about Biden ruining the current recovery, with actually quoting Biden saying “I would shut it down”. If that’s a preview of the debates, the Fox ads for which were the most bombastic ads during the game. Then we are still going to be debating if Covid is a Democrat hoax... The question I am most looking forward to being answered during the debates, is what sort of conspiracy theories we are going to hear from Trump.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see Biden winning Florida (though if he did it would pretty much be the death knell of Trump's path to victory), but at the very least it would force the Trump campaign to divert more funds there.
    Trump has made huge gains in Miami-Dade counties...especially in the Hispanic community. Yet Biden still leads the State by 1.2% according to RCP. It's going to be close race for sure.
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2020-09-14 at 01:18 PM.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    50 Days to go!
    NEW Presidential Forecast Update

Win Presidency
    Biden - 77.9%
    Trump - 22.1%

Popular Vote
    Biden - 52.0%
    Trump - 45.1%

Avg. Electoral Votes
    Biden - 327.1
    Trump - 210.9

Government Affiliated Snark

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    It is going to be less than what he got in 2016, I can guarantee that. And there are people that believe QAnon and these Qmap idiots, because they claim to be in the government, and then when they get found out, they are some moron in the basement in New Jersey, these same morons, support Trump. No amount of evidence, including audio and video will sway people like you.
    If the polls are accurate and stay the same as they are now, like I said, you will not be disappointed.

The audio recordings and videos, deal with his stupid statements mainly. No argument from me on that. But I am not voting for his personality or failure to respond correctly verbally. After all, Bill Clinton was popular. In spite of him taking advantage of one of the WH workers with his position of power, to get sexual benefits.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-09-14 at 01:47 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    If the polls are accurate and stay the same as they are now, like I said, you will not be disappointed.

The audio recordings and videos, deal with his stupid statements mainly. No argument from me on that. But I am not voting for his personality or failure to respond correctly. After all, Bill Clinton was popular. In spite of him taking advantage of one of the WH workers with his position of power, to get sexual benefits.
    Irrelevant. 200000 people aren’t able to say how deranged this is.

How many people have to die before it’s a problem?

Why bring Bill Clinton up? Why are you a coward?

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I have unlimited confidence in Florida to do the wrong thing. Fortunately, Biden doesn't actually need it, while Trump absolutely has to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Probably because he was doing a good job as President and the pearl clutching from the GOP was incredibly transparent.
    The thing is....you don't even have to believe that Obama was a good president to accept that objectively speaking Trump is and has been singularly calamitous and by any measure the worst president within the life time of anyone alive today.

The death toll, economic ruin and internal and international instability ought to speak for themselves.

Basic Campfire, a ham sandwich or your average crack addict would be a shining beacon of competence, poise and respectability in comparison.

And Joe Biden for all his sins and shortcomings can still say "At least I'm not an idiot fascist".

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    50 Days to go!

Win Presidency
    Biden - 77.9%
    Trump - 22.1%

Popular Vote
    Biden - 52.0%
    Trump - 45.1%

Avg. Electoral Votes
    Biden - 327.1
    Trump - 210.9

Biden no longer has double digit leads. I would say the odds of Biden winning are 50%, and the odds of Trump winning are 50%. The election will be close and tense.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Biden no longer has double digit leads. I would say the odds of Biden winning are 50%, and the odds of Trump winning are 50%. The election will be close and tense.
    With Trump as President and the ratfucking that the GOP will do with the mail-in system, there's no point even predicting who has how much chance.

Yes, polls are a good indicator of intention. But intention will not prevent the GOP from doing whatever dirty shit they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    50 Days to go!

Win Presidency
    Biden - 77.9%
    Trump - 22.1%

Popular Vote
    Biden - 52.0%
    Trump - 45.1%

Avg. Electoral Votes
    Biden - 327.1
    Trump - 210.9

Yeah don't rely on this, if people don't get out and in numbers to vote Trump out he wins period. Even if people hate or don't like Biden, Capturing the Senate and the Presidency or at least the Senate would be enough to end Trumps Lunacy.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there's always the screwball pachinko machine that is the 538 model.

Biden wins every state ... except New Jersey!

Twitter backlash clearly broke Nate Silver.

More seriously, look into the state-by-state specifics. The 538's variance parameters are super weird.

Trump at 9% to win Oregon
    Biden at 12% in Mississippi
    Biden 7% in Arkansas
    etc.

What's a good-faith explanation for ~75% Trump win prob. conditional on winning CA?

Bored quarantined people ... ratfucking their own models to build "clout".
    Government Affiliated Snark