Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Still makes me wonder where it comes from and why Blizzard just blinked it out of existence. The last time it was mentioned was the now non-canon RPG.
    I always sort of assumed that when Arthas shattered the Frozen Throne and donned the Helm, he took some elements of the Plate of the Damned and added it to his own armor - since the armor that Death Knight Arthas wears and the armor of the Lich King version of Arthas is subtly different, with additional flourishes and such. Part of the issue with all this is that between WC3, various artist illustrations, WoW/WotLK, and again in WC3R the visualization of Arthas' armor as a Death Knight and even as the Lich King is a bit inconsistent at best.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i think he reforged his armor, adding the elements of the armor within the ice.

I honestly feels like Jailer and Frostmourne were somehow connected beyond just "Wielder of sword and the sword" relationship.

Some of these runes on Jailer and Frostmorne are the same.

There are also Primus words about Jailer reforging his shackles into weapon.

Frostmourne and Jailer possess the similar power - they can "jail" the souls of dead people.

There is also black hole into his chest. The Arbiter has the same hole, but it filled with Anima.

It seems like Jailer and Runecarver used Jailer's soul or powers to forge Frostmourne, and Nathrezim serving Sargeras took it from him, or he bestowed it on them.

Or it was Sargeras who forced Zovaal's jailers to use part of him to create that runeblade.

Overall it seems like Zovaal was chackled, but then he reforged the chackles into the Lich King armor, Fromstmourne and Helmet of Domination. Part of that set was stolen or taken for Legion, part was left on Zovaal himself (neck belt+chains).
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-09-14 at 08:32 AM.

So... how likely is it that this is an empowered version of Mal'Ganis?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So... how likely is it that this is an empowered version of Mal'Ganis?
    Unlikely, I would think.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Unlikely, I would think.
    I mean... it gives me major Mal'Ganis vibes and it would thematically totally fit into the expansion:

Mal'Ganis (or Mal'ganis) was one of the nathrezim sent by Archimonde as a jailor of the Lich King. He was chosen to head up the plot to turn Prince Arthas Menethil to darkness, and make him the Lich King's greatest champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I mean... it gives me major Mal'Ganis vibes and it would thematically totally fit into the expansion:

Mal'Ganis (or Mal'ganis) was one of the nathrezim sent by Archimonde as a jailor of the Lich King. He was chosen to head up the plot to turn Prince Arthas Menethil to darkness, and make him the Lich King's greatest champion.
    I mean, perhaps if Mal'ganis also sawed his horns off and somehow disguised the stumps/scars where they had originally been?

Facial features and general physiology is also way off for a Nathrezim, even taking into account differences in artistic interpretation.

The bearded long haired weird santa claus of death looked fucking shit. This is way better.

Damn he looks lame AF, generic and unimaginative.

Hopefully the story ends up being interesting cause the jailer is a big disappointment so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Kinda shame they ditched the beard and shit we saw in the 'leak' ages ago. Unless it's not the same person. He looked more badass.
    that old ice king leak could be what he used to look like fully powered up, this is him subdued and starved of anima.

I mean, perhaps if Mal'ganis also sawed his horns off and somehow disguised the stumps/scars where they had originally been?

Facial features and general physiology is also way off for a Nathrezim, even taking into account differences in artistic interpretation.
    That's why I said an emproved or upgraded version. Who knows what happened to him in the Nether or who empowered him and gave him his new body etc.

Plus, this right here: https://de.wowhead.com/news=317947/l...nces-nathrezim which hints of Nathrezim influence as well.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-09-14 at 12:55 PM.

nathrezim are most likely the sons n daughters of Sire Denathrius which may be related to Zovaal, the jailor. They infiltrate ALL cosmic forces so that death comes out on top in the end. Mal'Ganis n the others just accepted the legions offerings to infiltrate them.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

sad arugal is sad

edit: Medivh echoes in the distance.
    I hate we were never able to get arugal shoulders and helmet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    that old ice king leak could be what he used to look like fully powered up, this is him subdued and starved of anima.
    He takes all anima... ? Hes not starved.

3+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the old version of him could've been what he looked like before the Covenant leaders threw him into the Mae
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I mean, yeah he looks more badass than his ingame model and I guess it's closer to what you'd imagine WoW's version of satan, but... I can't help thinking he's looking grotesque like this...

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I mean, yeah he looks more badass than his ingame model and I guess it's closer to what you'd imagine WoW's version of satan, but... I can't help thinking he's looking grotesque like this...
    Imo he looks just like one of the more powerful Vampire Lords / Leaders from any TV show or movie you've seen in the last 10 years.

Imo he looks just like one of the more powerful Vampire Lords / Leaders from any TV show or movie you've seen in the last 10 years.
    Yeah unlike the peaks of originality like death knight or a big fucking dragon this bald dude sure is a cliché.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    That's why I said an emproved or upgraded version. Who knows what happened to him in the Nether or who empowered him and gave him his new body etc.

Plus, this right here: https://de.wowhead.com/news=317947/l...nces-nathrezim which hints of Nathrezim influence as well.
    I mean if Mal'ganis was given an entirely new body and form, sure. But that seems a little far-fetched, and I don't think they'd want to change a historical character like Mal'ganis to the point that he's nigh unrecognizable. Though Dreadlords do have a marked tendency to possess people.

- - - Updated - - -

nathrezim are most likely the sons n daughters of Sire Denathrius which may be related to Zovaal, the jailor. They infiltrate ALL cosmic forces so that death comes out on top in the end. Mal'Ganis n the others just accepted the legions offerings to infiltrate them.
    That's possible, but even still Mal'ganis was a demon when last we saw him with the standard demonic accouterments (horns, wings, eyes burning with Fel, etc. etc.) So unless Mal'ganis is possessing Zovaal or an entity akin to him, it seems unlikely. Dreadlords, while very clever and crafty, aren't exceedingly personally powerful - and if Zovaal is as powerful as the developers claim, it's unlikely that a Dreadlord (even a powerful one like Mal'ganis) could possess him. It would be like a Dreadlord defeating and possessing a Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Like so?
    Snip
    Granted, this is a very quick/rough job.
    more like this

someone should do it with the repaired new model wowhead datamined sometime ago tho

Edit: also, the armour Arthas wore is definitely his old death knight armor. the armour ner'zhul was bound to looks completely different (apart from the overall "death"-theme)

and honestly, looking at it, this looks 100% similar to the jailer, including the chains and all. plus that little round chest piece, looks like a perfect fit to cover the the hole in the jailers chest
    Last edited by Houle; 2020-09-14 at 03:15 PM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Can someone point to me in what cinematic was there a scene with Sylvanas in front of the Jailer?