Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    As I said previously, it's wouldn't be exactly the Mal'Ganis we used to know.
    ______

And yall don't act like Blizzard said one thing at Blizzcon ("Grommash final boss of WoD") and then later on completely changed their mind (Archimonde).
    I specifically pushed their verification aside and gave lore reasons why it wouldn't make sense... but hey you are welcome to have that theory.

Looks so much better than the Vampire Edgelord we've got now.
    I hate the concept art. Looks like the Ice King if he took weed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    I specifically pushed their verification aside and gave lore reasons why it wouldn't make sense... but hey you are welcome to have that theory.
    "WELL BLIZZ CHANGED THEIR MINDS" Is not a compelling argument for it to be Mal'ganis. So...yeah I dunno what logic he has.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-09-14 at 05:35 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post

That is the confirmed OG look for him which leaked and then mysteriously it was different.
    Yes yes, I know. My point was, that Blizzard themselves showed that guy - granted - covered in shadow, but you could still see the beard and the crown.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

looks like a fragile old man in this shot hahaha
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    looks like a fragile old man in this shot hahaha
    Imo Death shouldnt look fit and youthful

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yes yes, I know. My point was, that Blizzard themselves showed that guy - granted - covered in shadow, but you could still see the beard and the crown.
    Ya, I just mean they have literally never changed something that drastically from what was shown/leaked originally to something as different as he is now. Usually concept art gets finalized and then you have a bunch of art from what was given the OK. A major character is never reworked this much seemingly after a leak which means there was a reason be it the leak or lorewise.

He reminds me Dreadlord a lot

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leaked concept art Jailer may depict Jailer before he was jailed.

They might get rid of his regal clothes, crown and shave him, and thats how he ended up looking bald and scuffed.

Obviously, Jailer IS NOT Malganis. That would make litttle to no sense.

He is Nathrezim-related guy for sure though. Either the most powerful leader of Nathrezim, like Kiljaeden/Archimonde/Velen for Eredar, or world-soul of Nathreza, like Argus, or sort of God of Nathrezims.

Okkam's Razor is the best tool here. There is too much Nathrezim-related stuff surrounding Jailer: visual look, place of location and new lore. It would be weird if he would suddenly be revealed as some "literally who" from literally "what place" after that.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-09-14 at 06:02 PM.

Looks so much better than the Vampire Edgelord we've got now.

That is the confirmed OG look for him which leaked and then mysteriously it was different.
    Long beards naturally evoke trust. It makes him look too sympathetic and wise. It's too ambiguous. I can see why they opted for a bald inmate look. They want the design to suggest "bad guy" and leave no room for interpretation or doubt.
    Last edited by bagina; 2020-09-14 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Long beards naturally evoke trust. It makes him look too sympathetic and wise. I can see why they opted for an bald inmate look. They want the design to suggest "bad guy" and leave no room for speculation or doubt.
    They definitely changed him to look Nethrazim for lore reasons too, it is too much of a coincidence.

Long beards naturally evoke trust. It makes him look too sympathetic and wise. It's too ambiguous. I can see why they opted for an bald inmate look. They want the design to suggest "bad guy" and leave no room for interpretation or doubt.
    Seems like you have an eye for this stuff, well said.

- - - Updated - - -

They definitely changed him to look Nethrazim for lore reasons too, it is too much of a coincidence.
    Are they your favorite characters in the lore? Sargeras has more Nathrezim traits than the Jailer does, why doesn't anyone think he's one?

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Seems like you have an eye for this stuff, well said.

- - - Updated - - -

Are they your favorite characters in the lore?
    They are now since most of the other races have been fleshed out, but in a game like WoW the art direction when it comes to story related characters is always purposeful, everything is done with reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    I love that idea, however the world that the Dreadlords are from is called Nathreza. Hence them being Nathrezim. So with Zovaal seemingly being the name of The Jailer, it doesn't seem to be the case that he is the World Soul of Nathreza.
    "they sometimes refer to themselves as thal'kituun in their language, meaning "the unseen guests". They could have changed the name of the planet or he could be the Titan of their original planet and they moved to Nathreza later.

The dreadlords are master manipulators and loyal only to themselves and their master. What other being could their master be other than their creator?

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Titans are beings of arcane.

The jailer is a being of death.

Blizz even stated outright the pantheon of death are not Titans or related to them.
    And Sargeras was also a being of arcane but became infused with Fel.

Long beards naturally evoke trust. It makes him look too sympathetic and wise. It's too ambiguous. I can see why they opted for a bald inmate look. They want the design to suggest "bad guy" and leave no room for interpretation or doubt.
    Funny how wrong this statement is in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post

The Jailer

Don't know if this has been posted, looks in cinematic quality? If it's well known then ignore the post.
    Yup i think its a cinematic picture of him. But several things to note:

- looks more fleshed out. not as skinny.
    - has armor on
    - he is wounded around his mouth, nose and chin.

So this is most like AFTER we arive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Funny how wrong this statement is in the real world.
    ahahahahahaha /bow /praise

You are so right.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yup i think its a cinematic picture of him. But several things to note:

- looks more fleshed out. not as skinny.
    - has armor on
    - he is wounded around his mouth, nose and chin.

So this is most like AFTER we arive.

- - - Updated - - -

ahahahahahaha /bow /praise

You are so right.
    He actually has the same amount of armour his model in game has on just this image is tilted plus he has the same exact scars. What IS different is in this CGI image he has almost Orc like tusks while his model doesn't.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=312337/...ewer:1:94375:0

Edit: I paused his model while talking and he does have some fangs at least but not this protruding.
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2020-09-14 at 07:49 PM.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I imagine this could be him before ending up in his current state. Perhaps he deteriorated over time and looks the way he does now.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2020-09-14 at 08:03 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I imagine this could be him before ending up in his current state. Perhaps he deteriorated over time an now looks the way he does now.
    That’s my guess too, I’m assuming that appearance is saved for when we get to see the past version of the maw.

Well I hope we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I imagine this could be him before ending up in his current state. Perhaps he deteriorated over time an now looks the way he does now.
    That is what I was thinking and the anima gave him new youth.