Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Okay what meaning is gained? I'm willing to hear arguments from the other side.
    Here are some threads posted on this forum on this issue. One of them being mine:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Yes-here-s-why
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...itive-equality
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Here are some threads posted on this forum on this issue. One of them being mine:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Yes-here-s-why
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...itive-equality
    Ah I've seen both of those threads previously. The first one supposes that the covenants will somehow make the need to play optimally less of an issue. Which has no basis in reality whatsoever. Your thread on the other hand states that the abilities are what makes the covenants immersive. I would argue that while they contribute to them, there are plenty of other aspects of the covenant system like the soulbinds, the dungeon specific abilities, the cosmetic rewards, and the storylines that make that choice immersive.

If this goes live, the covenant choice you make could have a very significant impact on your performance, in many cases regardless of which you choose, solely because some abilities are complete garbage in certain content. No amount of tuning will ever make these abilities good unless they are so overtuned they practically destroy everything which Blizzard won't do.

And at the end of the day, here's the reality: If you want to use the ability that goes with you covenant, then do that. Any repercussions that may come from that, you're already prepared to accept because they'll exist in the current system. I, however, don't want to suffer consequences for my choice due to a choice that Blizzard forced on me arbitrarily.

It seems to me that casuals are forcing hardcore players to play the way the casuals want them to play, so their immersion isn't broken, whereas hardcore players just want to play the way they want to play and don't care what the casuals do. You can still immerse yourself just fine. I leveled a character recently where I used a ground mount the entire time because I thought traversing the land by ground was more immersive. Should Blizzard have removed flying from everywhere so that I didn't feel like I was being inefficient? No, because I knew I was being inefficient but the immersion and the fact I wasn't affecting anyone else, made the journey worth it for me.

So yes, my subjective opinion (and I never claimed it was otherwise) is that your arguments for forcing consequences on me (and you're delusional if you don't think there will be consequences based on covenant choice) are terrible and clearly lack empathy for people who play the game differently than you.

But....if EVERYONE is cutting edge then no-one is cutting edge.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    So yes, my subjective opinion (and I never claimed it was otherwise) is that your arguments for forcing consequences on me (and you're delusional if you don't think there will be consequences based on covenant choice) are terrible and clearly lack empathy for people who play the game differently than you.
    bcs saying "unlocking covenants will not have impact on your immersion bcs you can PRETEND its locked" is sooo full of empathy and not totaly selfish hipocritical and frankly insulting...

Raiding died in LEGION, some people still not get the message, sad to see.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Raiding died in LEGION, some people still not get the message, sad to see.
    just bcs you dont raid raiding isnt dead, as your opinion is not a fact... some people still not get that... sad to see...

I'm of the mind that the perception of the importance of covenants will peak in the mid range, and the consequences of running the "wrong" covenant will likely cause more friction in pugs than anywhere else. That's just a guess.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-09-14 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    This is coming from someone who barely raided at all during BfA and just doesn't want to be stuck with a broken or useless ability just because I liked the transmog of necrolords more than night fae.
    If you're doing casual content you shouldn't be worrying about abilities at all. You need to relax, pick the covenant you think is pretty and leave the angst about abilities to those of us who actually do the harder content. Who cares if you pick the shit one? WQ certainly don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Howlk View Post
    If you're not going for CE you too have the right to ask for things in the game but just dont expect everyone to listen.
    That doesn't make sense. It is more true to say that there are no people doing CE then it is to say CE is the majority of player base. If no one is doing CE then the opinions of non CE matter more. Everyone should listen to these people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    That makes sense, I kept thinking in my head "Collectors Edition" and confused myself.
    Under the OP's logic, why not make it both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing thing when it comes to the myriad of people who play WoW in that not every single person is going for Cutting Edge...

...AND Blizzard is not just focusing on those who ARE going for it!

What a time to be alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Under the OP's logic, why not make it both.
    I thought they meant “Chaotic Evil”, too many “Dungeons & Dragons”-memes, i guess...

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to have a fun leveling experience and then play S1 arena, get stomped, and quit like I do every expansion. That's all I'm asking for.

Probably said by someone who got CE in August or September.

3+ Year Old Account
    Literally only read the title.

The troll is strong in this one. What a productive thread.

Clearly an antagonizing post that should be closed.

I bought a whipped cream chocolate cake for my kids. I have 2 kids. One of them hates chocolate, the other one is lactose intolerant. I present them the cake, and they start fighting each others (instead of me) blaming each others for why it's all the other's fault. Amazing how humans work...

It's not our, the players job to ask for things in the game. It's the devs job to provide us with fulfilling content.
    Since when we have this problem? Since Legion.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-09-14 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    bcs saying "unlocking covenants will not have impact on your immersion bcs you can PRETEND its locked" is sooo full of empathy and not totaly selfish hipocritical and frankly insulting...
    You don't have to pretend it's locked, but you can absolutely still choose to pick the ability that corresponds to your covenant, because you obviously didn't care about the performance aspect to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by orsraunia View Post
    What if you could respec each row of your talents once per 1 week? Would you agree with that? Why is that different? Why would it be bad to let us change between covenant abilities on the fly, like with talents?
    But I'm on the same boat as you, I think that everyone should be able to change covenants like talents(as long as they get exalted rep with covenant). I was just talking about the balancing.

I'm getting the Collector's Edition, so I matter.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Brb, grabbing some popcorn.
    Sharing is caring!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)