Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I miss Ghostcrawler. He had an open approach to communication that not a lot of people appreciated at the time. Ion is very systems-focused and doesn't believe in the idea of player feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I actually wonder what would happen if we let Asmongold take his position
    Likely nothing, cause the execs are the ones that say what happens.
    Be it Ion or someone else, they need to conform to what superiors want.

Since the boss of Blizzard is an Activision chill, yeah... don't you have phones?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah Ion's fine. Though I've come to the conclusion his vision of the ideal WoW isn't really an MMORPG so much as it is a Tab-Target Looter. The game would be better if Ion got his own project to work on instead of trying to make his vision work in WoW.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Likely nothing, cause the execs are the ones that say what happens.
    Be it Ion or someone else, they need to conform to what superiors want.

Since the boss of Blizzard is an Activision chill, yeah...
    Yes, I'm pretty sure execs actually sit in their office and brainstorm game mechanics like Covenants by themselves and the dev team is actually just used to hard-code it into the game.
    Because logically that is what some old corporate people do in their free time while not even playing the game.

No, in reality execs don't effect actual game design at all.
    They probably set patch release days to some degree and push monetization like the 6 month sub mounts and shit (and that in-game pet/mount store) but they don't have anything to do with actually designing the game.

Had you ever worked in a corporate hierarchy you should know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions. They got detailed feedback on why covenant power was not going to work but lol we are going to move forward anyway, even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual . We need a new game director fast because Ion is destroying the game with his bad decisions, look how many people left after BFA, I guess they’re going to continue this trend in Shadowlands. It has gotten so bad even their most ardent defenders are coming out against this such as Wowhead, Icy Veins, T & E, Nobbel etc. Also the endgame zone the maw not being done before it’s near release is a disgrace.
    "Some vocal people don't like it, so they're clearly wrong with going ahead, even though they get data we never see..."

Have you ever considered they've gotten positive feedback you don't see because people who love Covenants don't feel the need to whine like children?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

If Ion would stop saying what he thinks the community wants to hear and instead start doing what the community wants to see happen, I'd have a lot less of an issue with him. Right now it's hard to believe a fucking word the dude says because of his penchant for either divulging too information or intentionally overselling a development philosophy in order to quell unrest (see also: rip cord). I don't think he should be fired but it wouldn't fucking hurt anybody for the guy to be a little bit more direct in the information he communicates to us.

7+ Year Old Account
    "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA A GAME DEVELOPER DIDN'T DO WHAT I WANTED...HE SHOULD BE FIRED"
    never heard something more entitled in my life, if you don't like it. Leave. None is stopping you, the door is always open no locks or nothin'.

Stop listening to Youtubers so much, and stop listening to World First contenders, their concerns and problems aren't even relatable to what you will face unless you're in a wannabe elitiest guild that still can't make the cut
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2020-09-14 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP you were better off copy+pasting any of Necroxis' tweets here instead of this low quality bait. At least be consistent in what you post.

gwotten no me he es. Laploom dala tant AHHHH

I'm not happy with Covenants either, but this is a pretty asinine take.

If anything hes the next president of the company,under him the game saw record growth

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions. They got detailed feedback on why covenant power was not going to work but lol we are going to move forward anyway, even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual . We need a new game director fast because Ion is destroying the game with his bad decisions, look how many people left after BFA, I guess they’re going to continue this trend in Shadowlands. It has gotten so bad even their most ardent defenders are coming out against this such as Wowhead, Icy Veins, T & E, Nobbel etc. Also the endgame zone the maw not being done before it’s near release is a disgrace.
    You should be fired. Pack your shit.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

When you have a position like his, you can only get kicked up.

Quote Originally Posted by piocgvdqsa View Post
    Covenant doesnt work? Are bosses unkillable or what?
    its more like boo hoo we can't min and max in game soon

SL will probably be another best selling wow expansion of all time (the title currently belongs to BfA), and Ion will not only remain in his job but get a raise too. The devs should listen to feedback, but that doesn't mean they should implement everything people want, and it certainly doesn't mean they should change stuff in the game because some people throw tantrums on forums.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    I miss Ghostcrawler. He had an open approach to communication that not a lot of people appreciated at the time. Ion is very systems-focused and doesn't believe in the idea of player feedback.
    Ion believes in player feedback, he simply doesn't believe isolated individual takes are all that meaningful when he can use millions of paying customers as a live beta instead.

That said, I too miss GC. Dude's one of a kind in the games industry. Riot is lucky to have him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion's done a good job. I can't really think of a single other game the same age as WoW that is still so successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You are a major hypocrite. What happened to devs being people too?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ve-to-hate-wow
    Everyone is a hypocrite, anyone who says otherwise is just a liar plain and simple, some people however are pathological hypocrites.

I agree with their design philosophy for Covenants. Ion is doing a spectacular job of not just keeping WoW alive, but at the top.

Oh look another bait thread where the OP stops posting in it after he gets called out.

So shocking.