Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Well boys... could this be the week we get the 2 week early notice for pre patch??
    I'd honestly be surprised if they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    I'd honestly be surprised if they didn't.
    Would be a rather short prepatch if they don't.

Threads of Fate is very interesting, I'll definitely play with that on my alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    If prepatch is on September 29, we should have the season's ending warning tomorrow, right ?

It will be announced tomorrow or wednesday for sure.
    If not, Shadowlands isnt ready yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    It will be announced tomorrow or wednesday for sure.
    If not, Shadowlands isnt ready yet.
    Doesn't matter if it is not ready.

They have a release date they can't delay.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a reason for the prepatch to be "delayed" from the 29th. They have a separate branch going for expansion launch so hopefully they have a good enough build for the prepatch branch.

The only way it won't drop on the 29th is if it's a 2 week prepatch, which I really doubt they'll do.

It's possible but not probable.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    The only way it won't drop on the 29th is if it's a 2 week prepatch, which I really doubt they'll do.

It's possible but not probable.
    Technical it would be possible, yes, but yeah have to agree thats not really probable as this would make bugfixing for the developer even more hell than it might be in a 4-5 pre patch. Otherwise them splitting on 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 might be the other hint that we will have a regular pre patch as if they we were in a shorter pre patch it wont be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Technical it would be possible, yes, but yeah have to agree thats not really probable as this would make bugfixing for the developer even more hell than it might be in a 4-5 pre patch. Otherwise them splitting on 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 might be the other hint that we will have a regular pre patch as if they we were in a shorter pre patch it wont be needed.
    That's the only reason I could even see it happening, just because they are splitting it up into two patches, but that would still be hell for the devs since they have less staffing for each part of the patch. It's less work sure but it's also less people with less time.

I really don't think they'll only have a 2 week prepatch though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the Maw isn't going to change huh? Looks like we really only have 4 zones at launch then.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I guess the Maw isn't going to change huh? Looks like we really only have 4 zones at launch then.
    At the very least, people will be farming the Maw to get the socket items for each slot each time they get a new piece.

Quote Originally Posted by SamTheBeardedMan View Post
    At the very least, people will be farming the Maw to get the socket items for each slot each time they get a new piece.
    Kinda funny that the only content they had planned for Maw was Torghast keys and once those got removed there was no reason to ho there untill they invented the socket vendor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Kinda funny that the only content they had planned for Maw was Torghast keys and once those got removed there was no reason to ho there untill they invented the socket vendor.
    I honestly don't know what the point was. It seems like the most baren zone since at least Isle of Giants in MoP.

Looks like we really only have 4 zones at launch then.
    How big are the SL zones? It could get real old, real fast. BFA was bad enough.

I honestly don't know what the point was. It seems like the most baren zone since at least Isle of Giants in MoP.
    Their stated intention was to create a grindathon zone that was deadly, hostile and in which getting the resources you wanted would be the sole challenge. It is just that without the Torghast keys the point of the Maw was removed.

Mindlessly grinding was the entire idea of the Maw, so hopefully the socket farming becomes something to do there at least, otherwise it is indeed wholly pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
    They are bigger than the BfA zones. Which of course comes on top of the BfA zones not really having much of anything except World Quests for the opposite faction, so it should be at least a tiny upgrade overall.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
    And Legion went well with just 5 zones, all smaller than BfA ones (maybe except Suramar). Size is irrelevant.

Announcement tonight or riot.

when they first announced that the undead invasion would happen they said it would start a week after the prepatch.

not sure if the implication that it would be out for 3 weeks is something made up. probably is
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    I might have dreamt it , but I can swear it is one week for changes and then the prepatch events begin... not sure