Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions. They got detailed feedback on why covenant power was not going to work but lol we are going to move forward anyway, even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual .
    They didn't say if the feedback was loud enough or in enough numbers. The feedback needs to convince the Developers and unfortunately min/max isn't enough to convince them. And it really shouldn't because people put way to much into min maxing as the only option.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Ion isn't the only one making calls. There is likely a healthy split on the keep covenants bad or make them work but in the end, they only have a month left and they still aren't close to being finished. They are cutting scope and note adding scope at this point. 9.1 will unbind covenant powers and you'll be able to pick the one that you like, while not gimping yourself in 3 out of 4 aspects of the game like you will at launch

I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions. They got detailed feedback on why covenant power was not going to work but lol we are going to move forward anyway, even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual . We need a new game director fast because Ion is destroying the game with his bad decisions,
    I am highly suspicious of that statement, as it honestly does not sound like something Blizzard would say. Actually, it does not sound like something anyone would say, considering it's basically unfeasible to completely scrap, design and implement another "expansion's main feature" in just a couple of months.

look how many people left after BFA, I guess they’re going to continue this trend in Shadowlands.
    I'm curious. How many people left after Battle for Azeroth? I'm genuinely curious considering there are no numbers whatsoever about that... and several news about MAUs actually going up....

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    I think the ripcord should be, when pulled both sides get what they want. Players are prompted with do you want to go the route of RPG meaning choice or the other route.
    I think that would be a mistake. Your game design can't be all over the place. There comes a time where you have to make a choice that sets what the player experience needs to be. They should absolutely design for what they believe will be the most fun. The thing is, not everyone will agree. Ever. But as the people who are taking ownership of player experience, they need to make that choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions. They got detailed feedback on why covenant power was not going to work but lol we are going to move forward anyway, even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual . We need a new game director fast because Ion is destroying the game with his bad decisions, look how many people left after BFA, I guess they’re going to continue this trend in Shadowlands. It has gotten so bad even their most ardent defenders are coming out against this such as Wowhead, Icy Veins, T & E, Nobbel etc. Also the endgame zone the maw not being done before it’s near release is a disgrace.
    Blame the sheep who blindly pre-order an xpac for the fkn hearthstone animation and tmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Blame the sheep who blindly pre-order an xpac for the fkn hearthstone animation and tmog.
    You don't need to pre-order the base expansion to get the hearthstone and the transmog wasn't known at first to be available for everyone, that took some time. Besides, I think most people pre-ordered any edition of Shadowlands to play Allied Race/Pandaren DKs.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I think that would be a mistake. Your game design can't be all over the place. There comes a time where you have to make a choice that sets what the player experience needs to be. They should absolutely design for what they believe will be the most fun. The thing is, not everyone will agree. Ever. But as the people who are taking ownership of player experience, they need to make that choice.
    I don't think they designed it with what they thought would be the most fun, going by purely off of people I've talked to. They went with gameplay experience over most fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I hope people like the OP stops playing. And, once that's done, he stops hanging around fan forums for a game he doesn't enjoy.

It makes no sense at all, really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    I always preorder expansions so I don't have to spend my precious time buying them once they're released. If the game turns out to be bad, I'll stop playing. €60 or whatever it is I spent on the pre-order is wasted then, oh my god, so much money!!!! Guess I'll work half an hour overtime to earn it back.
    Hi

I don't think they designed it with what they thought would be the most fun, going by purely off of people I've talked to. They went with gameplay experience over most fun.
    U would venture a guess that their belief is that whatever gives the best gameplay experience will in fact also be the most fun overall.

Ion's specialty is raids. The raids are great. Do not fire Ion.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

5+ Year Old Account
    LOL Another demanding cry baby. I love the WoW Community.

I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions. They got detailed feedback on why covenant power was not going to work but lol we are going to move forward anyway, even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual . We need a new game director fast because Ion is destroying the game with his bad decisions, look how many people left after BFA, I guess they’re going to continue this trend in Shadowlands. It has gotten so bad even their most ardent defenders are coming out against this such as Wowhead, Icy Veins, T & E, Nobbel etc. Also the endgame zone the maw not being done before it’s near release is a disgrace.
    WOW, because YOU don't like something, he should be fired. That's so stupid that i don't even want to comment it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    He's on record saying that initial the development of the LFR is one of the few things he truly regretted about his tenure at Blizzard. How on earth could that have been his "baby"?
    Creating and nurturing something from the ground up makes it your baby. Doesn't mean you can't admit it was a mistake you weren't quite ready to take on. Or just don't like the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    U would venture a guess that their belief is that whatever gives the best gameplay experience will in fact also be the most fun overall.
    The problem is this is not a single player RPG, WoW isn't designed with the system they have in mind for Shadowlands. WoW has too many solo only players so we naturally have a large community of players who are siding on the side of Ion with "meaningful choice" because that's how they play WoW and have in the past with SINGLE player RPGs.

If I'm playing Fallout and decided I'm going to go fist of fury and sink everything I got into punching people with my fist, I can do that. When satisfied and want to try out some big guns, no problem, I can just start another file for some big guns. My meaningful choice was made to build my character in a certain way and if I want to try another way I need to create a new character. Quick and easy, no big deal, just a little bit of grinding and if I want to go back and play my other character I can because that file is still there.

Now, WoW is not made this way. We shouldn't need to level the same class 4 times for a proper experience. That is absurd.
    Last edited by Biggles Worth; 2020-09-15 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I love how everyone's complaints with Covenants were that there was going to be one path that was the best and everything else would prevent you from getting invites... so they made it so that you can actually switch covenants easily, and now the complaint is that they'll be unbalanced... even though you can switch as you please and they're obviously going to be tuning things to be as close as possible.

Like, seriously, they addressed the complaint and fixed the issue. You can switch covenants all you want. Stop looking for things to complain about.
    This thread is melodramatic AF but this post is completely incorrect. Changing covenants once every two weeks and changing conduits once a week is not "all you want".

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I actually wonder what would happen if we let Asmongold take his position
    The guy is already overwhelmed by what regular people would call "a daily routine".
    He is too stubborn, lazy and headstrong to work with a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You are a major hypocrite. What happened to devs being people too?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ve-to-hate-wow
    FATALITY! Seriously, thats a seriously big OOF. I see this sorta shit day after day, but always love seeing people called out on their hypocrisy

I agree he is not good a game director, but they are giving him a second chance... are we? Yes, even I am giving him a second chance.
    Hopefully he understands 2 major failures will be too bad for his CV.

The problem is this is not a single player RPG, WoW isn't designed with the system they have in mind for Shadowlands. WoW has too many solo only players so we naturally have a large community of players who are siding on the side of Ion with "meaningful choice" because that's how they play WoW and have in the past with SINGLE player RPGs.

If I'm playing Fallout and decided I'm going to go fist of fury and sink everything I got into punching people with my fist, I can do that. When satisfied and want to try out some big guns, no problem, I can just start another file for some big guns. My meaningful choice was made to build my character in a certain way and if I want to try another way I need to create a new character. Quick and easy, no big deal, just a little bit of grinding and if I want to go back and play my other character I can because that file is still there.

Now, WoW is not made this way. We shouldn't need to level the same class 4 times for a proper experience. That is absurd.
    But that's a separate argument. Saying "I dislike this feature and feel that it could have been implemented better" is a fine thing to discuss. And you may be right. Maybe it won't work out well.

But the point I was raising was in regards to design by committee and trying to placate the entirety of a playerbase at all times. Whether or not Covenants are going to work well doesn't really factor into it.

Quote Originally Posted by DonChalk View Post
    Creating and nurturing something from the ground up makes it your baby. Doesn't mean you can't admit it was a mistake you weren't quite ready to take on. Or just don't like the kid.
    Except he never got to do that because he left the company before the feature was able to be iterated upon.