Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would really appreciate it if they moved away from Dudebro-villains.

The Jailer looked SO much more imposing sat behind Sylvana's, ya know, before we could see his face and body...
    And nah, Legion was by far more ambitious with its class redesigns and Order Halls and Artifact Weapons etc...

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    He looks beyond retarded. His face is more retarded than Garrosh.
    No, he does not look "retarded", or even "beyond retarded". Saying "it's retarded" is nothing but a childish insult that doesn't mean anything other than "I don't like it", and you've not once said what exactly about the design that you don't like.

Just admit it: you don't like it. No need to spew childish insults that don't really mean anything, nor help explain why you don't like it.

For me, I think it's look cool and rather menacing. Like a villain should be.

I actually think he looks much better in game. He looks weirdly old in the render. Like an old man with saggy cheeks.

7+ Year Old Account
    If this is the most ambitious then damn, we are screwed

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Inspired?!

Quan Chi is the ruler of the Netherrealm, which is the Mortal Kombat version of Hell.

So not only Blizzard copied his looks, but also copied his role.
    lol.. World of Warcraft is literally a straight rip off of warhammer. Plus, remember Odyn & Hellya in legion? What about "Wakanda Forever".. i Mean.. "Zandalar forever"?

The druid change is weird, but does bring it in line with the other classes since travel form already mimics a ground mount prior to flight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    lol.. World of Warcraft is literally a straight rip off of warhammer. Plus, remember Odyn & Hellya in legion? What about "Wakanda Forever".. i Mean.. "Zandalar forever"?
    Warhammer is a straight rip off of D&D. D&D is a rip off of mythology, pulp fiction, and contemporary fantasy authors of the 1960s and 1970s.

Are far are we going to go down this rabbit hole? Every piece of fiction is inspired by another piece of fiction. In terms of Warhammer and WoW, they're more so just based off of similar source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If this is the most ambitious then damn, we are screwed
    Get out of this game then and rid us of your stupidity.

If this is "the most ambitious" then I invoke all of the Legion pre-patch doomsayers for this is the true end

The amount of hate in this thread for a barebones preview we haven't even seen in action yet with voice acting or soundtrack, it's like most of you are part of the Playa Haters Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, he does not look "retarded", or even "beyond retarded". Saying "it's retarded" is nothing but a childish insult that doesn't mean anything other than "I don't like it", and you've not once said what exactly about the design that you don't like.

Just admit it: you don't like it. No need to spew childish insults that don't really mean anything, nor help explain why you don't like it.

For me, I think it's look cool and rather menacing. Like a villain should be.
    doesn't look like the retard i remember...

Unless he is going cat retard;
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2020-09-15 at 02:33 AM.

they better make travel form benefit with mount speed perks then because it doesn't get say the guild perk 10%

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A villain out of no where is never going to be menacing. I personally can't make any connection here. We don't know him. He is just a very typical big bad guy! very very typical! Even the art team can no longer carry this!

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    A villain out of no where is never going to be menacing. I personally can't make any connection here. We don't know him. He is just a very typical big bad guy! very very typical! Even the art team can no longer carry this!
    WoW players: Why does Blizzard have to rely on well-established lore characters instead of doing something new or interesting? I hate Sylvanas!!!

Also WoW players: Why does Blizzard make new characters when they can just use the same old ones that we're familar with instead??? This game sucks!!!

Honest question; did you feel that way towards Archimonde in WC3?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Honest question; did you feel that way towards Archimonde in WC3?
    Yes, I felt different. The entire UD campaign in Reign of Chaos was about KT explaining burning legion and summoning Archimonde. "As the mortal armies march blind to torch their doom, the burning shadow has come to consumes us all". That line in the opening cinematic, alone was enough to say there is big villain coming. He was built up implicitly.
    I didn't know much back then, but i knew he is going to be threatening and powerful. And he demolished Lordereon easily.

Then we united and fought back at the end of NE campaign. That was awesome.

Jailer, where is the build up? who is this guy? We fought Gods and Titans. Why should be scared of him?
    Because they say so! That's the only reason. No background, no history, no connection. The only connection is Sylvanas, which has become a meme of character now!
    Even his look in the CGI doesn't look threatening. He is just a raid boss at the moment. He is not a villain, he is a raid boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    WoW players: Why does Blizzard have to rely on well-established lore characters instead of doing something new or interesting? I hate Sylvanas!!!

Also WoW players: Why does Blizzard make new characters when they can just use the same old ones that we're familar with instead??? This game sucks!!!
    Oh please!
    I am pretty sure no one asked for an entire expansion revolving around a nobody! Void-lords are good example of new characters with good build ups.

Oh please!
    I am pretty sure no one asked for an entire expansion revolving around a nobody! Void-lords are good example of new characters with good build ups.
    That's sure nice of you to speak on behalf of every WoW player ever.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Jailer = Dreadlord
    Wauw! Fantastic insight there.................
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    "It's the most ambitious expansion we've ever made". Surely they're just joking, right?
    Kinda thought the same. Looking back at Bethesda, they've said 'most ambitious game we've made' but I don't think anything they made beats 'Daggerfall' in terms of ambition when you consider all the things they wanted to do but never made it into the game.

hm this reminds me of how "ambitious" Fallout 76 was supposed to be .

kinda bad omen they have to go so strong with marketing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I would really appreciate it if they moved away from Dudebro-villains.

The Jailer looked SO much more imposing sat behind Sylvana's, ya know, before we could see his face and body...
    And nah, Legion was by far more ambitious with its class redesigns and Order Halls and Artifact Weapons etc...
    agreed

here he looks like generic old evil grandpa.