Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Ion wasn’t put in charge until after the launch of legion bfa was his first actual expan that he lead from start to finish.
    Well fuck....I don't remember exactly when he did but I guess google keeps giving me wrong answers.

All I know is I hate how he handled Demo Warlocks in Legion...BFA isn't a shining example of a good expansion. He may be good with the dungeon and raid aspects but that doesn't make a good leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions. They got detailed feedback on why covenant power was not going to work but lol we are going to move forward anyway, even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual . We need a new game director fast because Ion is destroying the game with his bad decisions, look how many people left after BFA, I guess they’re going to continue this trend in Shadowlands. It has gotten so bad even their most ardent defenders are coming out against this such as Wowhead, Icy Veins, T & E, Nobbel etc. Also the endgame zone the maw not being done before it’s near release is a disgrace.
    If you're insulted by the decisions of a game company within their game I think it's time to take a step back and gain some perspective.
    Just because a vocal minority of the high end community demand that they change something doesn't automatically mean that they have to or even should. A lot of people care about the integrity of WoW as a RPG and the ability to make power choices that relates to character identity is very important and sadly something that has been lost over time.
    There is a reason that millions of players came back to play Classic, these are the players that Blizzard has lost over the years because of their bad design decisions that have pushed the game further away from its roots. They are now trying to repair some of these mistakes in order to get some of those players back to retail.
    If they don't do as you demand that's not them lying, it's them disagreeing with you. They have a clear vision of where they want the game to go and if that vision upsets you so much that it causes you distress you can always vote with your wallet, which would be much healthier than to keep playing.

Also, calling for someone to be fired is really really toxic.
    Last edited by Echo of Soul; 2020-09-15 at 05:25 AM.

I never did pre-order and still haven't, I will wait until 9.1 to see if they going to fix the game if not, not playing this at all.
    See you on release day.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    So sad, we will have a great time regardless.
    some people maybe even better thanks to that

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Yes, I'm pretty sure execs actually sit in their office and brainstorm game mechanics like Covenants by themselves and the dev team is actually just used to hard-code it into the game.
    You're either being incredibly naive, or incredibly dishonest.

He's right when he says that what the execs are the ones that mandate things. They're the ones that will come to the developers and say "develop features and mechanics to increase MAUs". I.e. long grinds, time-gates, and mostly everything the playerbase dislikes. And that's when they don't come down with the developers and say "cut corners if you must, but here's your budget to work with".

"Ah, but Blizzard makes a lot of money!!" So what? Just because they make a lot of money doesn't mean they'll re-invest all that money into WoW. They have other projects, like Hearthstone, HotS and OVerwatch, as well as whatever new projects/IPs they're working right with now. Oh, and starcraft/warcraft servers. Those also cost money to keep. And, last but certainly not least: execs like money. Of course the greater the profit, the greater the cut they'll take for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    That's just like, your opinion dude.
    Pretty certain that "I agree" implies just that.

If not fired at least given a different role, he is not fit to be a director because BfA and Shadowlands have an odd design philosophy. They make good games and then add stupid awful systems that make you sick of the game. Not to mention they're in such a rush to put it out that beta is almost ending and usually most games have a month or 2 on beta where the game is complete
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I actually wonder what would happen if we let Asmongold take his position
    Nothing good, Asmongold would be vastly biased and unfair. Just look at his comments already regarding Ashes of Creation, talking about how streamers deserve advantages and he'll abuse his popularity to take over entire servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I love how everyone's complaints with Covenants were that there was going to be one path that was the best and everything else would prevent you from getting invites... so they made it so that you can actually switch covenants easily, and now the complaint is that they'll be unbalanced... even though you can switch as you please and they're obviously going to be tuning things to be as close as possible.

Like, seriously, they addressed the complaint and fixed the issue. You can switch covenants all you want. Stop looking for things to complain about.
    "Switch covenants easy" yes.

Actually easily be at the same level in a new covenant that you were in in the previous? No.

And god forbid they re balance covenants and make your old one the best again, because then you gotta do even more shit to get back to it.

Covenants WILL be a shit show unless they nerf all the powers to the point that they're essentially inconsequential.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    It is a FACT that WOW is losing subs in ENORMOUS masses.
    Is it? Really? Where are the numbers? What were the subscription numbers back in September 2018? And in September 2019? What are the subscriber numbers right now? How many subscriptions did WoW lose since BfA launch?

Oh, wait. You don't have any numbers. You're just making shit up and spouting lies as facts.

What they did AFTER that? - THEY ADDED EVEN MORE GRIND IN 8.2 (essences) - 50% of BFA playerbase has left the house.

What they did AFTER that? - THEY ADDED EVEN MORE RNG (that's new) GRIND IN 8.3 NOW (corruptions) - 90% BFA players gone.
    What were the subscription numbers before 8.2? and before 8.3? Oh, wait. Right. Spouting lies as fact.

I know you're mad at Blizzard, but do you really need to blatantly lie, like that? It only makes you look like a fool and severely hurts your arguments. At best.

I never did pre-order and still haven't, I will wait until 9.1 to see if they going to fix the game if not, not playing this at all.
    YEAH RIGHT!

Hahaha how pathetic to say some bullshit like that Funny guy you are indeed! You're gonna be sitting at launch midnight drooling over new content.

.. waiting until 9.1! Haha, i'm still laughing!
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    So Ion should be fired because hes obviously the one making all the decisions by himself. Blizzard Entertainment is such small time indy company with like 8 employees and hes just hammering through hes own ideas and visions for SL.

Yup.. You went there.
    Ion is the company!

I think instead of firing ion we should start closing idiotic threads about firing people.
    These are not constructive and just consist of ridiculing op.

Not to mention wishing someone lose the job is cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    All I know is I hate how he handled Demo Warlocks in Legion...
    Lol what? Some of you people need to get actual jobs where you can interact with someone who is in a similar position to Ion's. His role isn't to design 36 specs for 12 different classes, every zone, every quest, every system, every raid boss, every dungeon, etc etc. His position is to direct.

I do think the captain of the ship bears responsibility for the ship, however I don't think the "captain" in this case has done so much wrong that he needs to be fired. I've disagreed with him on plenty of his decisions, but I've also agreed with him on just as many other ones. And the things I've disagreed the most about (like no flying) have been remedied for the most part, so it's hard to stay mad when he concedes and changes course.

He also seems to listen more nowadays, just don't expect him to be a pushover about everything. He still has to make decisions where someone ends up unhappy since you can't please everyone all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I think instead of firing ion we should start closing idiotic threads about firing people.
    These are not constructive and just consist of ridiculing op.

Not to mention wishing someone lose the job is cringe.
    Yup. Especially during a pandemic that's resulted in the WoW team working from home since March. The very fact we're even getting an expansion this year is a minor miracle and something people should be grateful for. Of course, they'll say "We'd have been fine with waiting until 2021" but had Blizzard pushed it back we'd have had no end of "Waah, content draught... waah" threads which would also call for Ion to step down. It never ends.

Uhm... no!

ion is doing splendid

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving my BDK changes, Frost changes, they're even trying with Unholy, like genuinely trying, not just being like "here 5% dethcoil buff, oh the pet isn't bugged now".

Zeroing in on the Covenants and then dismissing everything else... Hmm.. Sounds very similar to an agenda going around the public right about now. *rolls eyes*

I don't like the tunnel vision, jump to conclusion mentality that's being picked up. I'd rather see people adapt.

Isn't somebody named Bobby ??? actually in charge of Blizz? Maybe talk to him.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I actually wonder what would happen if we let Asmongold take his position
    He has no experience with game design, he'd get replaced after the first few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You are a major hypocrite. What happened to devs being people too?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ve-to-hate-wow
    Lollin' hard with the scented power of pine.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.