Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You could try it with Dosbox
    Isn't this for games that run primarily on DOS? I'm pretty sure I did run my old ICW2 using compatibility mode and OpenGL/OpenAL.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Isn't this for games that run primarily on DOS? I'm pretty sure I did run my old ICW2 using compatibility mode and OpenGL/OpenAL.
    A lot of those old games are based around the assumption you have a dos based OS.

That being said.... I don't know if it would work. But it did work for older games like Warcraft orcs and humans.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2020-09-07 at 06:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A lot of those old games are based around the assumption you have a dos based OS.

That being said.... I don't know if it would work. But it did work for older games like Warcraft orcs and humans.
    Well, these are 8y apart.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Can they already shut up and take my money????

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Can they already shut up and take my money????
    Nope, they need to generate unhealthy amount of hype for idiots to pre order.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Idk if preordering this is actually being an idiot, though. Larian has proven themselves similarly to CDPR with a complete lack of fucking up. It's probably a safe bet this isn't vaporware and will be good.

World is not always black and white. Preorder of the Witcher 3 is an example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did the early access of OSD2 and never regretted it. Considering they did a awesome job with that game, I feel very comfortable doing the same with BG3.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Idk if preordering this is actually being an idiot, though. Larian has proven themselves similarly to CDPR with a complete lack of fucking up. It's probably a safe bet this isn't vaporware and will be good.
    Still giving money before we know for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    World is not always black and white. Preorder of the Witcher 3 is an example.
    You should never, ever preorder. There is no reason for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I did the early access of OSD2 and never regretted it. Considering they did a awesome job with that game, I feel very comfortable doing the same with BG3.
    I also pre ordered some games in the past, wont deny it. D3 for istance (loved it and still do). But it is still idiotic move. There is no reason to preorder from a consumer standpoint.

Wouldn't really call it a preorder though, you generally get nothing to play with a preorder. EA is going to be quite lengthy, talking about it being the length of DoS2, which is huge.

Or I could actually preorder and receive my Collector's Edition on time which is what I did with Wticher 3? Kinda did not want to buy an additional digital copy on the release day for that. Or in case of Cyberpunk - you are not overpaying anything and you will have refunds regardless. GoG is good with them, for Steam its everyday stuff.
    Realistically, I have not preordered shit games so far with a single exception - WC3: Refunded. Guess one simply has to understand from which developer the preorder is made.

Also sometimes game is cheaper that way and again, refunds exist. What I do despise are the preorder bonuses (again, CDPR games do not have them). Now that is a scummy tactic, makes false scarcity of a digital product. This plus reputation (or the lack of it) means I will never preorder shit from, say, EA, by principle. But there are exceptions, as I said, not everything is black or white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I also pre ordered some games in the past, wont deny it. D3 for istance (loved it and still do). But it is still idiotic move. There is no reason to preorder from a consumer standpoint.
    No it's not. There is good reasons for me. I do not want to wait. And I can afford to buy a game when I want to. But normally I do wait until they have been out for a while to fix some bugs and also, to get a discounted price. I do that a lot with games I am not too sure about, but find interesting.

But with BG3, I am hyped enough, none of those are a concern. I have faith that Larian Studios will do a excellent job.

So I do not try to judge others when it comes to how they want to spend their money on something they can afford.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Larian so far did not fail me and BG3 seems awesome too, especially because its combat system and gameplay is inspired by DOS.

So yeah, ready to smash that pre-order buttons as soon as it lights up in Steam.

Can't agree more. I've never understood why some ppl still do it.

While waiting for this game I've been enjoying Wasteland 3 these past 2 weeks. Fantastic game, despite the bugs.

The way the music breaks in during key fights is just so epic.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-09-18 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    So I saw this game got delayed
    https://www.ign.com/articles/baldurs...elease-delayed

I've never played a Baldur's Gate game but I heard it being compared to Diablo a lot. Is the gameplay the same as Diablo, ARPG or is it one of them boring turn based games like Divinity?

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    So I saw this game got delayed
    https://www.ign.com/articles/baldurs...elease-delayed

I've never played a Baldur's Gate game but I heard it being compared to Diablo a lot. Is the gameplay the same as Diablo, ARPG or is it one of them boring turn based games like Divinity?
    It's turn based.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    It's turn based.
    oh that's a fat rip, ohh well, good for ppl that like that type of genre I suppose!

10+ Year Old Account
    i could kill an innocent kitten for Baldur's Gate 3 tbh.

hell, i could kill the bastard for no reason too, come to think of it.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.