Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How is warrior the weakest class

I seem to be reminded that Grom killed Cenarius, Garrosh nearly conquered Azeroth, broxigar wounded Sargeras and Varian went super sayan on a fel reaver

Warriors can turn into petrified godly avatars of war, breathe fire and heal from chopping their enemies up

A warrior would roflstomp a warlock change my mind

Infact, They dont even need to puny cast timer to fear someone they can just scream and everyone is feared
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2020-09-15 at 05:47 AM.
    An'u belore delen'na

Because in a fantasy setting, most of the time, anything magical trumps non-enhanced melee.

All the warriors you just named are all dead so they don't have a great survival rate lol.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    All the warriors you just named are all dead so they don't have a great survival rate lol.
    Grom is alive
    An'u belore delen'na

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    I seem to be reminded that Grom killed Cenarius, Garrosh nearly conquered Azeroth, broxigar wounded Sargeras and Varian went super sayan on a fel reaver

Warriors can turn into petrified godly avatars of war, breathe fire and heal from chopping their enemies up

Infact, They dont even need to puny cast timer to fear someone they can just scream and everyone is feared
    It is far fetched comparison, but by that measure:
    Azshara was a mage and on par with Sargerass.
    Velen is a priest and on par with Kil'jaden and Archimonde.
    Malfurion is a druid on par with Archimonde. (War of the Ancients ref. her)
    Illidan is a DH and stronger than Malf.
    Arthas is a DK and stronger than Illidan!
    Thrall is a shaman and stronger than Garrosh.
    Gul'dan was a lock and stronger than Duratan!

So, you see, Warriors not that strong! haha :P

Grom is alive
    Grom from an alternate reality is alive and only because a group of people saved him from the magic wielding legion who were literally about to gut him.

Also what is the context? Why are you raging about warriors with literally no context as to why they are “seen as weak”

Grom was fel blood enhanced
    Garrosh did not almost conquer Azeroth by himself, he had engineered siege weapons, dark shaman, and near the end, the heart of Y'shaarj
    Broxigar had an enchanted axe
    And I'm pretty sure Varian channeled the power of Lo'gosh (this one needs correcting)

Also no warrior outside of the players can do any of those things normally.

They're not though?

Grom is alive
    The Grom that killed Cenarius, like you typed in the OP, is dead. He died in WC3. AU Grom is either dead or captured by Yrel, being tortured to join the Light. Knowing this Grom I doubt he would give in to any power so they'll kill him in the end.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account

And Ashjara almost destroyed azeroth. Mediev linked planets so orcs could kill and pillage humans. My point is that you shouldn't lean too much on the lore because those are just stories made to make you play the game. Like Japanese animation studios creating robot anime to make kids buy the robot toys. Publicity.

Warriors used to be something, true, but the more melee you add to the game the more real estate you take from other melee. This is the current game design philosophy. Everybody has to be equal. You can't have mages two shotting warriors or rogues two shotting mages or even warriors two shotting rogues. Everything has to be nice and balanced and neat and tidy and clean, sterile for the pillar humping community.

If you want warriors to be what they used to be, go play classic. I played a rogue back then, and while i did kill mages in seconds, i dreaded facing a warrior with 30% health and 30% rage more than a warrior with full health and no rage. Usually if they were in melee range i had less than 2 seconds to either pop a cooldown or vanish because i was about to lose 50% of my health pool.
    Last edited by Srg56; 2020-09-15 at 06:18 AM.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Saurfang Vs Sylvanas duel was imo a realistic take (at least within WoW's frame) on warrior's capability. Sylvanas at first fought like a rogue and dominated the fight, and when she grew irritated she just blasted Saurfang with magic to be done with it. The only way I'd see warriors as actually powerful is if they had major magic resistance. Regardless, Blizz can, has and will use rule of cool when it suits them.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    And Ashjara almost destroyed azeroth. Mediev linked planets so orcs could kill and pillage humans. My point is that you shouldn't lean too much on the lore because those are just stories made to make you play the game. Like Japanese animation studios creating robot anime to make kids buy the robot toys. Publicity.

Warriors used to be something, true, but the more melee you add to the game the more real estate you take from other melee. This is the current game design philosophy. Everybody has to be equal. You can't have mages two shotting warriors or rogues two shotting mages or even warriors two shotting rogues. Everything has to be nice and balanced and neat and tidy and clean, sterile for the pillar humping community.

If you want warriors to be what they used to be, go play classic. I played a rogue back then, and while i did kill mages in seconds, i dreaded facing a warrior with 30% health and 30% rage more than a warrior with full health and no rage. Usually if they were in melee range i had less than 2 seconds to either pop a cooldown or vanish because i was about to lose 50% of my health pool.
    As it should be. Augh, now I'm nostalgic for my Arcanite Reaper --> Ashkandi --> Dark Edge of Insanity days.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Ironically, all these guys only achieved these feats after they were helped by magic.

*Grom was on demon juice, and also he had an army at his side. Hardly something he did alone.
    *Garrosh didn't conquer anything. He just started a war with the Alliance but didn't even get any upper hand on the Alliance before his own people rose up against him. Also he was on sha juice.
    *Broxigar wounded Sargeras only because he had a demigod's magic axe, not because he was that strong or anything.
    *Varian was on Logosh juice. Also a Reaver isn't really that big of a threat, it's just a giant robot.

So you see, warriors can only do great things when they're on a juice of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

My dad is stronger than your dad.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Grom killed Cenarius, because he was pumped up on fel.
    Garrosh didn't come close to conquer Azeroth - not even a little.
    Broxigar wounded Sargeras because of his super, magical axe.
    Varian also possessed a, very, magical sword and was the favored scion of a Wild God.

Oh and as for the "avatar, firebreathing, healing" thing are all supernatural abilities, not exactly those you'd consider classic warrior stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Grom is alive
    Alternate Grom is considered "Most likely dead".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    While the warrior screams and runs towards their objective, the caster has already set him on fire/drained his soul
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    She didn't really fight like a rogue, ordinarily she would not be able to stop a blow from a charging orc - she's still a slender elf. She was empowered then so it's not really a fair comparison
    I disagree, the dagger portion of the fight seemed like your typical rogue style, dodges and all. Sylv didn't seem to employ superhuman speed either, just your regular rogue nimbleness. All in all it was what I'd call a fair mak'gora until the endblast.

In any case my point wasn't to draw comparison between warriors and rogues, but warriors and anyone who uses superhuman abilities like magic. Take Thrall Vs Garrosh, the former was getting beaten up in a melee fight, but the moment he tapped into shaman magic Garrosh was done. I give you the point about Lothar and Khadgar, it illustrates well that even able to use magic the wielder is still a mortal person in a mortal body. If their reactions aren't enhanced or they don't have some sort of defence shield up they can just as well be taken out by a skillfully thrown dagger in the face. Or by close proximity, which is how Lothar won, though Khadgar was inexperienced at that point, I'd bet his current version would have tricks up his sleeve for that situation. In a battle where they have to face the opponent head on warriors need an edge, such as magic resistance, otherwise their only chance is in strikes of opportunity. A soldier with a sword can kill a soldier with a rifle, but they're not likely to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Alternate Grom is considered "Most likely dead".
    To be fair, unconfirmed death usually means they're alive, so they can be used later on. Hell, in WoW this applies to confirmed deaths too.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

This is the core fantasy of a warrior (and the reason i, personally main one). Warriors don't have to cower in the shadows or hide behind pets, minions or demons. They do not bow to light, chi, void or elements and nature, nor twisting fire, ice, arcane or fel. Just good ol' iron and blood, generally te only not coward class in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    This is the core fantasy of a warrior (and the reason i, personally main one). Warriors don't have to cower in the shadows or hide behind pets, minions or demons. They do not bow to light, chi, void or elements and nature, nor twisting fire, ice, arcane or fel. Just good ol' iron and blood, generally te only not coward class in wow.
    Indeed, so warriors die braver than most! >_<