Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Jailer, where is the build up? who is this guy? We fought Gods and Titans. Why should be scared of him?
    Because they say so! That's the only reason. No background, no history, no connection. The only connection is Sylvanas, which has become a meme of character now!
    Yes the only connection is definitely Sylvanas, and some useless dude named Arthsomething, what a loser

Regarding his look, he's threatening enough to me. He's probably even more if you add the helm of domination to what seems to be his regular armor.

Jailer, where is the build up? who is this guy? We fought Gods and Titans. Why should be scared of him?
    Because they say so! That's the only reason. No background, no history, no connection. The only connection is Sylvanas, which has become a meme of character now!
    yeah um, they're going to be telling that story now? it's kind of the whole next expansion, and stuff. u trolling?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    yeah um, they're going to be telling that story now? it's kind of the whole next expansion, and stuff. u trolling?
    Right? No patiences and build up for new characters.

ITT: angry cwy babies boohoo

OT: he looks fantastic and ANY news about hirez CGI cinematics is good news

7+ Year Old Account
    A funny title considering technical behind-the-scenes details...

No-no, really, it's very difficult to hold back a smile while reading this. I'd even consider it... "most ambitious" contention I guess this is taken from some piece of interview.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    So, you feel threatened by a story yet to be told?

LOL then!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Yes the only connection is definitely Sylvanas, and some useless dude named Arthsomething, what a loser

Regarding his look, he's threatening enough to me. He's probably even more if you add the helm of domination to what seems to be his regular armor.
    Happy that you find him threatening. I found him bland as the first raid boss in any raids!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    The druid change is weird, but does bring it in line with the other classes since travel form already mimics a ground mount prior to flight.

- - - Updated - - -

Warhammer is a straight rip off of D&D. D&D is a rip off of mythology, pulp fiction, and contemporary fantasy authors of the 1960s and 1970s.

Are far are we going to go down this rabbit hole? Every piece of fiction is inspired by another piece of fiction. In terms of Warhammer and WoW, they're more so just based off of similar source material.
    My point was his complaint about the jailer being a ripoff was pointless since the whole IP and lore since warcraft 1 has always been nearly straight rip offs.

15+ Year Old Account
    PC Gamer November issue cover in the middle of September?

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Probably blizzard paying them to promote it by pre-releasing cover art.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "It's the most ambitious expansion we've ever made"
    Made me chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    They always release months in advance. For Battle For Azeroth there was one with Sylvanas that released in June but was the September issue. Apple vs Epic, Fall Guys, Flight Simulator, etc probably won't be current news by November.

Why's the Jailor have tusks? Is he Muezella's true form? Somehow related to Trolls or Orcs?

Happy that you find him threatening. I found him bland as the first raid boss in any raids!
    But you have only seen pictures and a 3d model (not even a raid one) so far
    He's literally as threatening as Bolvar could be, or even Kael'thas (wow, a blood elf, so threatening, what a lame guy). What makes him threatening is his actions and his behavior, which we'll have a glance at in cinematics (potentially). Hard to tell anything from a front cover showing his face.

But some dude with an angry face, bulky body, chest hole, scars and FROSTMOURNE RUNES on his head is threatening enough to me, as "first picture" we get to see of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic gun 23 View Post
    You have so much hatred within you. Settle down.
    You're projecting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Many signs point to him either being connected to them based on his appearance and the fact that they "stole" frostmoune and the helm, I tell you he is much too powerful to have things stolen from him within HIS domain lol. He is either their creator or possibly even their world soul. Hell for all we know the Nathrezim could all be fragments of his soul since they are hinting that souls can be splintered and shattered.
    So you just made it up. Ok.

I kind of like that we have someone who's relatively unknown as the big bad of an expansion for a change. To me, a lot of expansions have just felt like going down a check list killing every possible big name we know in lore who can possibly be made into a bad guy so it's nice to have a new face for a change. I do like how the Jailer looks in game better though tbh.

Wouldn't matter how he looked people would complain anyways.
    Atleast its a new guy and nothing revamped or whos been dragged around for 5 expansions.
    also: no orc so me happy SMorc.

Jailer is defined as Titan ++ by Ion. So yeah, I am sure you guys are going to solo farm in a week.

Yes, I felt different. The entire UD campaign in Reign of Chaos was about KT explaining burning legion and summoning Archimonde. "As the mortal armies march blind to torch their doom, the burning shadow has come to consumes us all". That line in the opening cinematic, alone was enough to say there is big villain coming. He was built up implicitly.
    I didn't know much back then, but i knew he is going to be threatening and powerful. And he demolished Lordereon easily.

Then we united and fought back at the end of NE campaign. That was awesome.

Even his look in the CGI doesn't look threatening. He is just a raid boss at the moment. He is not a villain, he is a raid boss.
    - They've started to build him at least since BFA with the Vol'jin quests with the dead leaking into the mortal world.
    - Also Sylvanas secret plan looks like it was related to this.
    - The Afterlives shorts are pointing to him as a threat too (Bastion with "The Maw is leaking!!", Maldraxxas with "something is attacking the Shadowlands" and Ardenweald with "something is drying of the supply of anima").
    - We also get hints at the Nathrezim may being his agents.
    - We'll surely get more exposition during gameplay along the history of the expansion.
    The only diference is that WC3 expose it in about ¿a couple of hours? while this is taking months.

Oh please!
    I am pretty sure no one asked for an entire expansion revolving around a nobody! Void-lords are good example of new characters with good build ups.
    Actually, no. I don't remember Void-lords being even mentioned outside Chronicles.

making cinematics with main characters instead of Saurfang and Thrall could make a great difference

Closed mouth no silly vampire teeth would have been better , he looks like scuffed palpatine