Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Yes. I'm sure every DPS loved it when their first legendary popped and it was Prydaz.
    Prydaz. My first legiondary was follower equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    My favorite legendary has to be the Rogue legendary...it hits 2 targets because of the new AoE hard cap.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=340078/tiny-toxic-blades

This is so bad....like who would pick this over other legendaries?
    Its actually not that bad.

If you consider a bleed build with assassin. Its near instant cleave damage set up
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm most disapointed that there are no talent enabling ones. Those were the most fun for me back in legion.
    I do miss those, however I think Blizz is keeping that in Torghast as acquired powers. Not that they couldn't allow that later, as the legendary system is pretty open and flexible.

If there is a complaint about the legendary system, Blizz adding that extra material required to craft the base item that can only be purchased off vendors for 1000g could be it. I already envisioned that the prices of base items for legendaries is going to be pretty nuts at the start if they don't adjust the mat acquisition rate for non-Tailoring armorcrafters, but adding this material will shoot up the prices higher. If you're a completionist when it comes to your crafting recipes, current beta tuning has the cost of getting rank 4 recipes of the base items for Leatherworking being 1.6mil gold alone with that extra item, and probably roughly half that for Blacksmithing/Tailoring (and probably much lesser for JC, although i didn't look at the ratio for their recipes). This isn't even going into the other materials required to make the base items. If you don't have armor crafting and/or the appropriate gathering skill, better hope you have gold or a guild that'll help you out if you want your legendary quickly.

I suppose a dampening effect will be actually acquiring the legendary powers, as they're not guaranteed and come from various sources that will be time- gated in some cases. However, people should dispel the illusion that obtaining these legendaries will be similar to Legion, as there will be a gold (or time) price tag that may exceed the effort most people put in during Legion for such items.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

If you're an Arcane mage you only get 3 legendaries abd 2 are worse versions of Azerite traits. The third one leads to a degenerate no Arcane Blast plsystyle.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Love how much hate this dudes give to blizzard and shadowlands...

... but there they'll be at launch, playing the game they hate.
    Nah they love the game but hate seeing in the state its in

Yes. I'm sure every DPS loved it when their first legendary popped and it was Prydaz.
    As someone who spent 72 days /played at 110 to get their BiS gloves with obviously mixed emotions regarding the Legion leggo system, I'd 100% take the final iteration of Prydaz over any of the Shadowlands legendaries for my class. Prydaz was quite the big item once it got the stat-buff.

Gotta be honest, I agree with the OP a bit here. Shadowlands does seem to be low on the grinds (which is awesome), but all of the stuff you get just seems watered down compared to previous iterations. Legion legendaries are miles ahead of SL legendaries, Artifact abilities are ahead of most Covenant abilities (due to spec specificness), and Conduits/Soulbinds... Ehh, we have one that looks really interesting offensively, but it's surely going to get nerfed.

I do not think their intentions were bad per se, but they are running out of time and super underwhelming Covenant skills and Legendaries are proof of that. They just need more months to fix this mess, but they set their deadline to end of October (end of November could've easily worked as well) for whatever reason.

Look at Priest Covenant skills and Legendaries. Most are trash. Monk Covenant skills? Well... Monk is so bugged, there's so many things not working. This is the case for many classes and specs. I just don't see how they will fix this mess within a month, it seems like an impossible task.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Oh god that is terrible... I was thinking you were exaggerating.
    No exaggeration and yeah compared to other "legendaries" .

Can't wait to have 3 charges of heroic leap once again. I don't really need much more from the legendary system tbh.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Hey don't worry, we had wicked cool Legion legendaries like "your agony ticks faster" and "when you crash lightning 3 enemies you do more damage". Everyone just pretends like Legion was 8.3 "utopia" for the entire expansion, when it was in reality even more scuffed than BFA with the 4 legendary soft cap, the original bug where if you got an early legendary you got subsequent legendaries extremely quickly, only being able to play a single spec for your class properly for months because of the AP grind, and all of the legendaries that were just shit passives. They like to pretend that every fire mage got bracers first and was living in fairyland forever after but the reality was miles away from that. Before you all get salty, Legion is my favourite expansion, but pretending that what I just said isn't objectively true makes you a liar.
    Yep. I hated legion until 7.3. My first legendary as a holy paladin was Aggramar stride and then second one was Sephuz's secret. Both were literally worthless when I got them. I remember being stuck with those two for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Not a fan of systems that release broken or pointless only to be improved later.
    You're playing the wrong game then.

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    So what you want, is a system that is completely random and luck based, to give the player who was fortunate enough a massive increase in DPS through no effort on their own, and puts them on a pedestal unobtainable by others unless they get the same kind of luck

...Wait that's Corruption. Didn't we just finish explaining in 20+ seperate threads on why corruption is bad and it toxified the game?

Legiondairies and Shadowlands Legendaries are, while seperate entities, still more fair in their current itteration, then both this random luck of a chance that is corruption, and old school legendaries. You can farm for specific things that help alter your playstyle in interesting ways akin to Azerite Armour and our Talent Rows.

As a reminder, Shadowlands Legendaries aren't a RnG drop, you have to craft them yourself.
    Corruption is something what everybody had acess to. Everybody could get. RNG drop legendary is not aceasible to masses.You have to do high end content that you have to be 0.1% lucky enough to get it. Which is totaly fine. You play rpg game not compettive esport and not everything shiyld by defined by skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    As someone who spent 72 days /played at 110 to get their BiS gloves with obviously mixed emotions regarding the Legion leggo system, I'd 100% take the final iteration of Prydaz over any of the Shadowlands legendaries for my class. Prydaz was quite the big item once it got the stat-buff.

Gotta be honest, I agree with the OP a bit here. Shadowlands does seem to be low on the grinds (which is awesome), but all of the stuff you get just seems watered down compared to previous iterations. Legion legendaries are miles ahead of SL legendaries, Artifact abilities are ahead of most Covenant abilities (due to spec specificness), and Conduits/Soulbinds... Ehh, we have one that looks really interesting offensively, but it's surely going to get nerfed.
    Sure, some legendaries got way better after getting some love from the devs/designers (Sephuz, especially). I'm commenting more on the RNG involved in acquiring them compared to how you can target one in SL. And yes, most new powers seem watered down compared to Legion ones, but is that a bad thing? Legion had some serious imbalance regarding Legendary powers (Fire mages ones were big offenders), it seems to me they're trying to make them appealing and more steamlined now without making them game-breaking, which is fine, imo.

Don't get me wrong though, as someone who mained Fire Mage in Legion I'll always miss the feeling of hitting a mob with a hardcast pyro.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Exactly.

We do NOT want OP shit items. They are often base for player whining and griefing (he got one I didn't, now I can't compete)
    Like rune of reorigination, assurance of consequence, acranocrystal, good legion legendaries and other retarded op item.
    First of all "we"?
    Second: these are craftable. You will pick and choose as to which one to craft first from materials you farmed.

Legendaries used to be legendaries because of their associated quests or lore, their rarity/the effort it took to obtain them and their significant boost in power. Modern ""legendaries"" only really tick one of those boxes at best. I don't understand Blizzard. They always throw around words like "meaningful" but then they go and replace the true unique and meaningful features of the game like legendary items with something that reduces them to a glyph or talent in item form that basically everyone immediately has access to.

I mean, even Legendaries in MoP and WoD were better than this. Sure, everyone had them but at least they were cool, powerful and had decent quest chains that empowered the player. Back in the days even epic items like Quel'delar had pretty amazing quest chains and nowadays they can't even make something comparable for legendaries? Give me a break.

Does everything need to be bland, uninspired and disposable these days? Current game design is looking real bleak if you ask me.

Seems like most of them are just old, boring tier set bonuses that nobody in their right mind would have considered legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Trialle View Post
    Ahhhh okay so once again we wait for the expansion to be over for our gear to do what it was supposed to do since launch. Very compelling idea I believe you should be a blizz dev.
    So with your logic we should start with the best gear and get worse and worse gear as the expansion progresses. I like the way you think

Sure, some legendaries got way better after getting some love from the devs/designers (Sephuz, especially). I'm commenting more on the RNG involved in acquiring them compared to how you can target one in SL. And yes, most new powers seem watered down compared to Legion ones, but is that a bad thing? Legion had some serious imbalance regarding Legendary powers (Fire mages ones were big offenders), it seems to me they're trying to make them appealing and more steamlined now without making them game-breaking, which is fine, imo.

Don't get me wrong though, as someone who mained Fire Mage in Legion I'll always miss the feeling of hitting a mob with a hardcast pyro.
    In (one of my many) super unpopular opinions, I probably prefer the Legion system all things considered. Sure, it took me 72 days /played to get my Kakushan's, and at that point I was already mostly maining my Druid anyway because everyone knew they were going to be crazy in ToS Mythic, but when they dropped... It was a moment I remember, that's for sure. There's no excitement about earning them in SL, and given they're typically weaker, there's not much excitement for using them, either. Also, if my BiS PvE legendary recipes end up being a PvP drop like multiple of my essences, then I'll be very, very annoyed.

I know this is super subjective, & objectively speaking the SL system is probably a better system, but I'd rather an annoying yet exciting system over a bland one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Nah they love the game but hate seeing in the state its in
    yeah, that's always the sad excuse for the addiction. Pretty typical behaviour of addicts btw.
    You either enjoy playing, or you don't. It is as simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Corruption is something what everybody had acess to. Everybody could get. RNG drop legendary is not aceasible to masses.You have to do high end content that you have to be 0.1% lucky enough to get it. Which is totaly fine. You play rpg game not compettive esport and not everything shiyld by defined by skill.
    I don't disagree with you, just that the individual that I had responded to was treating legendaries of old as these uber game changers that put a wide gulf between people without much effort on the side of the wielder, which is how corruption works in actuality.

It's not a matter of access, it's a matter of what that does to your character, which is a chief complaint of corruption; it takes all the skill away if your corruptions just go off and murder for you, and your actual abilities don't make a dent in comparison

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana