View Poll Results: Race changing white NPC's to black/asian

Voters
50. This poll is closed
  • I would have preferred if they introduced characters with this customization

14 28.00%
  • I don't mind it

36 72.00%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you think Blizzard should have introduced new black and asian characters

https://imgur.com/a/Wbdnwoq

Blizzard's way of handling new customizations is to make white NPC's black. Do you think it doesn't matter that much?

I for one think it would've added more to the lore if we saw Blizzard introducing black and asian humans instead of just race changing them.

Also why they targetted redheads so much
    Last edited by Overlordd; 2020-09-15 at 09:41 AM.

gingers have no soul

Don't mind it. Most people probably won't notice at all since these are mostly minor NPC's.

If they wanted to add more diversity to the cast of more important characters, they should introduce brand new NPC's.

all Blizzard is doing here is Blackwashing

so funny to see

I don't think they should add any minority characters just to add it to the game, if there's no story behind them. I don't mind that they changed some minor characters and I won't mind if some character in the future would be asian or black, but I think there are some WoW races that don't have solid character in the game yet and could use some, before we start adding more humans.

..this thread will go places

Probably. As it is, it just comes across as a "Hey, we're doing the right thing! Look at us!!!" with as little effort as humanly possible. It'd be better if they wrote new characters from scratch rather than just reskinning old ones, but that'd require effort, I suppose. Blizzard are kings of hollow virtue signalling, as shown by the HK fiasco.

Tbh, the game should have always had the option to create characters of all races.

Hell, these days WoW has the least amount of character customization of all other MMOs on the market.

Well, your opinion on this will depend on your level of racism.

Lore has been a mess for years anyway.

Keep identity politics out of video games, thank you.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

how can you make soneone asian if there is no Asia in the world that person is living in?
    jokes aside, as long as the world supports the possibility and the lore gives a reason as to why we have not seen them after all those years on azeroth, why not?

"the shadowlands draw in souls from places other than Azeroth, so they look different, but due to their planet being similar to Azeroth, they evolved to look like humans."
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ..this thread will go places
    Will probably be closed just like the last one...

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    how can you make soneone asian if there is no Asia in the world that person is living in?
    jokes aside, as long as the world supports the possibility and the lore gives a reason as to why we have not seen them after all those years on azeroth, why not?

"the shadowlands draw in souls from places other than Azeroth, so they look different, but due to their planet being similar to Azeroth, they evolved to look like humans."
    Lore doesn't give a reason. They ain't gonna make a lore reason as to why there's humans of different skin colour. You could always make black characters.

15+ Year Old Account
    I demand gnomes irl.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

IMO more customization is always good. But overall I dont care much. WoW is more about all the races diversity from both faction and not just a specific race customization. Lets not make it pollitical, its just a game. (And dont get started on gender!)

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Will probably be closed just like the last one...
    Oh my god another redhead

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Lore doesn't give a reason. They ain't gonna make a lore reason as to why there's humans of different skin colour. You could always make black characters.
    but then it is ok, they are part of the established options.
    my point was mostly about things that were not possible and did not exist to suddenly become possible without a decent reason.

the world has been established. imagine LotR and by movie 3, a noticeable portion of Rohans's people were black or asian, where there were none in the second movie..

they should have changed the names for the changed NPCs though. it is not a crime to have a new person take over for an old person, but white/black/asianwashing someone is lame imo.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    but then it is ok, they are part of the established options.
    my point was mostly about things that were not possible and did not exist to suddenly become possible without a decent reason.

the world has been established. imagine LotR and by movie 3, a noticeable portion of Rohans's people were black or asian, where there were none in the second movie..

they should have changed the names for the changed NPCs though. it is not a crime to have a new person take over for an old person, but white/black/asianwashing someone is lame imo.
    They don't care about that though. It's just marketing PR. You really think they care after the shit they pulled with HK? They're just trying to get into the good graces of people.

Hopefully that means they will also try to make good games after what happened with Reforged.

I don't like them changing already existing characters. With that said, i really couldn't care less.

I think people fail to realise there haven't been any real POC representation in WoW, varying tanned skins and one dark skin tone for humans obviously didn't cut it.
    These are random NPC's with no real significance and no background. Answer this.. why does it matter if these are new NPC's or not? who are they to you exactly?

The fact that this has people so triggered is just sad and not progressive. Like the racists really jumped out. I read through the wowhead post and the last thread on here. POC exist in real life and it quite obviously needs more representation in WoW. Believe it or not.. the Alliance side of wow is very whitewashed, with white humans/dwarves/gnomes almost everywhere. It's just sad to see people trying to discuss few NPC's that are actually being changed.