Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Druids losing it's famous money saving perk

"Druids on the Shadowlands beta are now required to learn expert riding (the first rank of flight riding) in order to use their flight form."

I remember when I leveled druid to 68 and got flying for basically free and how much it helped to save for epic flying. Now Blizzard is taking that perk away and makes it harder to farm gold for epic riding for new druids.

Yeah maybe other classes cried about how unfair it was but come on, if it was almost 14 years in game like that why take it away now? Too much complains from jealous classes or what?

Jealous classes? How hasn't enough money for epic flying, like honestly. What does it cost, 5000g? 10.000g? That amount of gold is absolutely nothing if you play the recent expansion for more than a week, because with ore, herbs or enchanting materials you can easily make that money (if questing to max level isn't enough already).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Jealous classes? How hasn't enough money for epic flying, like honestly. What does it cost, 5000g? 10.000g? That amount of gold is absolutely nothing if you play the recent expansion for more than a week, because with ore, herbs or enchanting materials you can easily make that money (if questing to max level isn't enough already).
    Druids still had to learn epic flying, I think expert flying is like 100g now? At most its 1k gold, and you get twice that from a single gold emissary. It's such a minuscule amount even for me, someone who doesn't do a damn thing to actually make gold, that I can't even remember the cost.

It's a weird change considering it has been that way forever but... the gold amount is absolutely negligible with how inflated gold is.

Flying costs 250 gold.. If you are going to cry about something at least let it be for something not so pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    5000g epic flying, maybe for you it's nothing but for someone who just started WoW. For me for instance 5000g was big deal when I started WoW.

Can't see any other reason for this nerf than complains from jealous classes. You were basically "forced" to roll druid if you wanted epic flying sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's either a bug or oversight that will be fixed.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I remember when I leveled druid to 68 and got flying for basically free and how much it helped to save for epic flying. Now Blizzard is taking that perk away and makes it harder to farm gold for epic riding for new druids.
    Uh... You mean makes it just as "difficult" to farm gold as all the other classes, right? This is a strange thread, not quite sure I've ever seen someone exhibit "class entitlement" but you seem to have done that. Strange, strange thread.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2020-09-15 at 11:50 AM.

I think 250g is a negligible amount to ask someone to pay considering the plethora of perks flight form offers over mounts.
    I'm a thread killer.

[I]Now Blizzard is taking that perk away and makes it harder to farm gold for epic riding for new druids.
    For this kind of feedback it would be reasonable to take away herb/ore gathering in druid form and force this class to the same mount ussage as every other class.

I really hope blizzard is reading your feedback and streamlines the whole travel forms to just normal mount limitations, because your criticism about the gold amount is just ridiculous.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    5000g epic flying, maybe for you it's nothing but for someone who just started WoW. For me for instance 5000g was big deal when I started WoW.

Can't see any other reason for this nerf than complains from jealous classes. You were basically "forced" to roll druid if you wanted epic flying sooner.
    New players shouldn't expect something like EPIC flying until they reach max level, and at this point gold falls from the sky at max level. Even a new player will likely have the gold for basic flying by the time they can learn it since there's no reason to spend money on anything and questing can actually slowly add up. It's essentially not even a perk anymore because gold isn't as rare a commodity as it was in TBC, where it was a huge thing to save nearly 1k gold and get flying 2 levels early.

It's not even a money saving perk really, it's more like a one time coupon that we all cashed in like 10-14 years ago when it actually had value.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2020-09-15 at 11:42 AM.

its 250 gold dude not 5000,that ammount is nothing even for new players,u get it by doing quests or dungeons easily,and as for the 5k,i kinda doubt it will stay at that ammount in SL with the lvling speed

I rerolled to a completely new server this week. Doing mining/herbing along the way, I had nearly 4000 gold before even hitting level 70. By the time I was 120, I was almost 100,000. Sorry but this whole "think of the new players!!!" mentality is garbage. You could literally go mine in somewhere like the Blasted Lands, or Searing Gorge, or even a lower place like Ghostlands or Redridge for an hour, and have almost enough for 280% flying.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2020-09-15 at 11:49 AM.

I mean, 5000g was an incredible amount of gold in TBC, in WotLK it was still quite a sum, but after that? It's nothing. And it seems like it's way less nowadays? (sorry, the last time I bought this was like 5-10 years ago)

Making thousands of gold is so easy at the moment, there's really no reason someone should complain about this.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

250g isn't gonna hurt the fact most bots err I mean druids make 100k per day
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

5+ Year Old Account
    The sky IS falling!

It doesn't really matter to be honest. Druid's travel form is awesome as it is.

It's a minor inconvenience, and another one to add to the list of "not sure why Blizzard changed it but whatever".

Warlocks and Paladins say hi!

I'll care when druids lose the ability to herb in travel form.

Speaking of which. Hey, Blizz, how about some changes to game that could curb stomp botting with druids?