20 bucks says they find a mass grave at one of the border centers at some point and then people post 'well technically there arent enough bodies for it to be a 'mass' grave'

10+ Year Old Account
    The Trump campaign just released a new ad "Support the Troops"

It features Russian MIG aircraft.

No, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Now, I heard a rumor. There is Oil is the US. Maybe they should go invade and liberate it...
    That's like half the plot of the Fallout series, well how it starts at least.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

No, really.
    ...and a guy with an AK47.

10+ Year Old Account

No, really.
    Meanwhile the editor in chief at The Onion resigns because apparently reality is a better satire than anything his staff can write . . .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    That's like half the plot of the Fallout series, well how it starts at least.
    China's like, "the last of the world's oil is in Alaska!"

The US is like "we should annex Canada to secure Alaska!"

Then there's a whole battle over anchorage

Then someone launches the nukes.

War . . . war never changes.
    Putin khuliyo

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

No, really.
    This is one of those things that's so ridiculously on the nose I suspect that someone who helped design this thing is deliberately fucking with Trump's campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    This is one of those things that's so ridiculously on the nose I suspect that someone who helped design this thing is deliberately fucking with Trump's campaign.
    I think they're testing just how lazy they can be before his base starts to falter... the answer to which appears to be... there is no bar. They'll chalk it up to "just another honest Trump whoopsie that anyone could make," instead of the blindingly obvious contempt for them that it is.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    It reminds me of the time someone used the wrong presidential seal on a projector...
    When Mr Trump took to the stage at Turning Point USA's student summit, the president looked to be in his element, greeted by a crowd of adoring young conservatives.

After a 12-minute video detailing his journey to the White House, Mr Trump addressed the group, his remarks met with raucous applause.

"There's never been anything like this," Mr Trump said to the crowd.

But upon closer inspection, something about the president's presentation appeared amiss. First noted by the Washington Post, the seal that was flashed on screen as Mr Trump walked on stage had several calculated tweaks - all of which seemed to poke fun at the president.

Both the White House and Turning Point say they don't know how the doctored seal made its way on screen, and the conservative group denies any harmful intent.

However, it ended up behind the president, the incident has left the seal's creator - who made it a couple of years ago as a joke for his friends - laughing.

"This is the most petty piece of art I have ever created," graphic designer Charles Leazott told the Washington Post - adding that the person who put it up was "either wildly incompetent or the best troll ever".

"Either way," he told the newspaper, "I love them."

The focal point of the presidential seal - the bald eagle - has a storied past in the United States.

But the eagle that appeared on screen this week was not the eagle hand-picked by the Founding Fathers. Instead, the two-headed bird briefly projected next to Mr Trump bears a striking resemblance to the eagle featured on the Russian flag.
    Instead of holding 13 arrows - a reference to the 13 original states - the eagle in the doctored seal clutches a set of golf clubs in its left talon.
    The official presidential seal features the United States motto: "E pluribus unum", which translates from Latin to "out of many, one".

But the quote on the forged seal swaps in a different quote, in a different language.

The doctored seal says "45 es un títere" which translates in Spanish to "45 is a puppet".

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    It reminds me of those times that conservative groups unironically used the intentionally-xenophobic propaganda art for Columbia from bioshock infinite for banners.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

How is it, that they only make those errors with russian equipment. Last year the same shit happened with a russian battlecruiser, despite the fact, that the USA does not even operate similiar vehicles.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    God that felt like a lifetime ago...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It reminds me of those times that conservative groups unironically used the intentionally-xenophobic propaganda art for Columbia from bioshock infinite for banners.
    And yeah I remember that episode. It was tea-party folks around the start/middle of Obama's first term, IIRC? Hard to say, I didn't really start being politically active until around the '12 elections.

10+ Year Old Account

And yeah I remember that episode. It was tea-party folks around the start/middle of Obama's first term, IIRC? Hard to say, I didn't really start being politically active until around the '12 elections.
    Infinite came out in early 2013 IIRC so it would have been the tail end of his first term or early in his second.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    How is it, that they only make those errors with russian equipment. Last year the same shit happened with a russian battlecruiser, despite the fact, that the USA does not even operate similiar vehicles.
    I'm not going to defend incompetence, but unless a warship is flying colours, most civilians would be hard-pressed to tell a US ship from a Russian, German, Chinese, British or any other modern Navy one. It's not like the nation is written on the seabord in giant letters. You need to have an active interest in these kinds of things to know that the US doesn't have Battlecruisers, that Battleships are no longer a thing, or that this is a Russian ship. The guy probably just typed in 'menacing US ship' and got a picture of a Kirov class.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    20 bucks says they find a mass grave at one of the border centers at some point and then people post 'well technically there arent enough bodies for it to be a 'mass' grave'
    I really don't want to have the "What qualifies as a mass grave?" conversation twice this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why are you asking why.
    Drink bud dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferly View Post

The most stupid man ever to stumble across this planet.
    Perfectly sums up Trump: a constant parade of intelectual and moral misery , a check with a date for a decade later (and ironically still no funds) , a perpetual deferred payment of his words.

The virus? It will magically blow away. Just wait and see.
    The job market? It will recover like a lightning. Just wait and see.
    The wall? It will get built ( and paid by Mexico). Just wait and see.
    Iran-North Korea nuclear issues? We will stop them. Just wait and see.

Trump is a talented futurist whose solutions always comes tomorrow but the fucked up thing about tomorrow is that once we are there it's not tomorrow anymore....it's today so the solution is still....tomorrow.

So don't worry about climate change...it will get cooler. Trust me. Just wait and see. Of course don't ask me for responsibility when the shit hits the fan because I won't be there but for now don't worry about it.

It will get better........tomorrow.

This is an orphan annie president.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ice-wh...terectomies-11

if this turns out to be true ( which almost every whistleblower does)
    im just going to call trump a nazi
    because thats literally some nazi eugenics shit
    but you know
    this is 100% what the "economically anxious" factory worker in ohio wanted, so it wont even cost him support

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I'm not going to defend incompetence, but unless a warship is flying colours, most civilians would be hard-pressed to tell a US ship from a Russian, German, Chinese, British or any other modern Navy one. It's not like the nation is written on the seabord in giant letters. You need to have an active interest in these kinds of things to know that the US doesn't have Battlecruisers, that Battleships are no longer a thing, or that this is a Russian ship. The guy probably just typed in 'menacing US ship' and got a picture of a Kirov class.
    I literally found out like a few weeks ago the US doesn't really have battleships anymore.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I literally found out like a few weeks ago the US doesn't really have battleships anymore.
    Think the last time a Battleship was used was during the first Gulf War, and those were refitted WW2 Iowa-class BBs

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I really don't want to have the "What qualifies as a mass grave?" conversation twice this year.
    forgot about this... https://www.democracynow.org/2015/7/...rants_found_in

all the reporters i follow who do border work have warned for years of very bad shit going down there (and being harrassed and targeted by law enforcement). I cant remember that geezer who died trying to burn ICE vehicles but what a champion

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Well technically I think we still have one or two in mothballs but highly unlikely to ever be reactivated and refurbished there just isn't any use for them any more.