Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Probably because they like his results so far... it's not hard to understand why someone keeps their job instead of being sacked. He racks in the money to warrant his position.
    This I highly doubt after BfA (as everything went downhill when it comes to $$$, revenue down, MAUs down, profits just hold steady / increased after they massive layoffs). Maybe Shadowlands is his last chance, we'll see. His design ideas clearly aren't working in the favor of WoW.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Once Ion will be gone, he too will become the great savior. It's the ultimate fate of all WoW game directors - while they are in position - they are literal Riders of The Apocalypse and when they are gone - they are getting canonized.

- - - Updated - - -

2k20 are not 2009, buddeh.

All better times in the history of WoW. All boasted higher MAUs. Do you know what the running theme of all of these was?

You werent Glued to wow with crazy systems on top of systems..

You didnt feel pressured to take part in things you didnt want to take part in.

Raids were better.

Pvp was better.

Class design was better.

Player power was player power. Your damage / healing came from your abilities.. Not random systems that you spend weeks farming..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    *snip*.
    U want to tell me Cataclysm was a good expansion? That expansion that literally caused a mass exodus of people to the emerging MOBAs and other rising genres?

KEKW...

I know, it's difficult to accept, but in 2020 MMOs are a dying breed. WoW added a lot of necessary additions to allow people to do what other games allow - login for 20-30 mins and accomplish something, however small it is. This is where the gaming has gone. It's no longer 2008 where there were little online alternatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Remember when people called for Ghostcrawler to be fired every expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

Why the fuck?

Indeed then few years later people praising him like he is some kind of demi god hero and wish him to come back to WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    I think these types of threads are forbidden ?

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions. They got detailed feedback on why covenant power was not going to work but lol we are going to move forward anyway, even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual . We need a new game director fast because Ion is destroying the game with his bad decisions, look how many people left after BFA, I guess they’re going to continue this trend in Shadowlands. It has gotten so bad even their most ardent defenders are coming out against this such as Wowhead, Icy Veins, T & E, Nobbel etc. Also the endgame zone the maw not being done before it’s near release is a disgrace.
    I think you should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Ion is the company!
    No he isnt.

They heard your feedback, acknowledged the feed back, but that doesn't mean they have have to agree with your feedback. I would argue there is a difference between ignoring feed back and receiving feed back and reaching a different conclusion. Let SL launch without the ripcord as Ion intended and if it blows up in their face, I guarantee some sort of "magically ripcord" will be introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    So sad, we will have a great time regardless.
    Wish I had your low standards, must be the age that makes me crave just a little quality. I will wait till 9.1 myself and see if this shit is even worth considering. Expecting the absolute dogshit worst, hoping for something enjoyable

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    U want to tell me Cataclysm was a good expansion? That expansion that literally caused a mass exodus of people to the emerging MOBAs and other rising genres?

KEKW...

I know, it's difficult to accept, but in 2020 MMOs are a dying breed. WoW added a lot of necessary additions to allow people to do what other games allow - login for 20-30 mins and accomplish something, however small it is. This is where the gaming has gone. It's no longer 2008 where there were little online alternatives.
    Yeah, Cataclysm was indefinitely better than Wod, Legion, or BFA.

We know that MMOs are becoming smaller. We're aware. In a world where Instant Gratification rules all, MMOs have very little to offer.

We're okay with that though. MMOs will always have a cult following of players that dont enjoy game types such as League of Legends, fortnite, etc.

Eventually, there will be NOTHING that blizzard can do to entertain that type of player. Therefore, it makes more sense to entertain the audience that you know will stick around rather than entertaining people who are only snipping at bits.

it makes more sense to me that you would please the people who are faithful to your Genre and IP so that you dont lose them because youre GOING to lose the people who play for instant gratification. Its going to happen. Its an mmo, not a moba. Its an mmo, not an FPS. Theres only so much you can do to keep those players attention before there is either nothing left you can do or you drive out your main playerbase.
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-09-15 at 02:17 PM.

I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions. They got detailed feedback on why covenant power was not going to work but lol we are going to move forward anyway, even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual . We need a new game director fast because Ion is destroying the game with his bad decisions, look how many people left after BFA, I guess they’re going to continue this trend in Shadowlands. It has gotten so bad even their most ardent defenders are coming out against this such as Wowhead, Icy Veins, T & E, Nobbel etc. Also the endgame zone the maw not being done before it’s near release is a disgrace.
    I nevew fewt insuwted in my wife with thawt wecent post he did abouwt moving fuww steam ahead with theiw bad gawme design decisions. They got detaiwed feedback own why covenant powew was nowt going tuwu wowk but wow we awe going tuwu move fowwawd anyway, even though we said we nowt move fowwawd with covenant powew if thewe was enough negative feedback, they wied as usuaw. We need a new gawme diwectow fawst because ion iws destwoying the gawme with hiws bad decisions, wook how many peopwe weft aftew bfa, i guess they’we going tuwu continue thiws twend in shadowwands. Iwt has gotten so bad even theiw most awdent defendews awe coming out against thiws such as wowhead, icy veins, t & e, nobbew etc. Awso the endgame zone the maw nowt being done befowe it’s neaw wewease iws a disgwace.

thats you. thats how you sound ...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I actually wonder what would happen if we let Asmongold take his position
    More or less same thing if suddenly some "youtube political analyst" would be transferred from his basement to White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This I highly doubt after BfA (as everything went downhill when it comes to $$$, revenue down, MAUs down, profits just hold steady / increased after they massive layoffs). Maybe Shadowlands is his last chance, we'll see. His design ideas clearly aren't working in the favor of WoW.
    Lol, let's wait for another 3.3-3.4 M sold from pre-orders and first day alone.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-09-15 at 02:23 PM.

If you no longer enjoy playing the game, stop playing it. Plenty of other great games out there to fill your free time with.
    I'm a thread killer.

why should anyone care about your hate for the game? dumb degenerate...

15+ Year Old Account
    Weird, the game i imagined was better.. Whats also weird is that WoW had its highest MAU and Sub numbers during the time in the game that those things didnt exist.
    Weird to how the game was not as balanced back then and some of the same issues mentioned with power discrepancy in Covenants actually existed with specs or classes. But one is praised and one is not. Weird how the world changes and perception changes with it no? And its not like TBC or WotLK had 100% solid design. I remember that my guild had to actually remove armor from tanks when doing non-raids because they couldn't generate enough threat to keep aggro. Some of the same things existed back then. It just wasn't in a individual eco system like with Artifacts, Azerite, and Covenants.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Oh boo fucking hoo. You don't like a direction of a video game. Man up, unsub and move on. You guys sound like you need a binky and a nap.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions.
    Man you better get ready for puberty because life gets so much harder than that.

So, I imagined the game without all of the things that you told me to imagine it without.

Weird, the game i imagined was better.. Whats also weird is that WoW had its highest MAU and Sub numbers during the time in the game that those things didnt exist.

Super weird.

I guess there is a threshold where solid design beats just having alot of shit to do over and over.
    Yeah and you all cited Chinese accounts as being fraudulent and that NA/EU only accounted for 4-5M at best back then. And I certainly remember having not much to do but the same shit over and over again since Vanilla. That part has ever changed other than we have more to do now and raiding is not the only way to truly progress your character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Weird to how the game was not as balanced back then and some of the same issues mentioned with power discrepancy in Covenants actually existed with specs or classes. But one is praised and one is not. Weird how the world changes and perception changes with it no? And its not like TBC or WotLK had 100% solid design. I remember that my guild had to actually remove armor from tanks when doing non-raids because they couldn't generate enough threat to keep aggro. Some of the same things existed back then. It just wasn't in a individual eco system like with Artifacts, Azerite, and Covenants.
    So true. Either these whiners weren't around back then, or are just conveniently forgetting about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoriangun View Post
    I actually miss Ghostcrawler, the game needs him.
    Don't say that...he's doing great things for LoL and Riot and thats what I like to play now!
    Last edited by Imurbandaid; 2020-09-15 at 02:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Quote Originally Posted by oriondc View Post
    Yikes, there are a lot of Blizz employees/shills in this thread.
    seems to me there is more people who have NO IDEA how business works and what Ion actualy does in his job...